PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 chester fans in golf road end
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

Author Topic: chester fans in golf road end  (Read 35542 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: chester fans in golf road end
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2012, 06:13:27 PM »

What angered me the most is how 30 or 40 away fans were there in the first place?

Then after the first trouble despite numerous fans saying they were still in our end nothing happened until more trouble occurred

Why were there stewards there?

Were we expecting trouble ?

We're they there to spot away fans?

I was seething after gary got battered that there stewards smiled and protected there fans  in our end

We can make the whole ground a sterile area if we want wont mean anything if we mix fans up

This is in no way a dig at our stewards but we were woefully prepared on and off the pitch today

« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 06:15:07 PM by wayno »
ParkINson's red and white army

pughalex22

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2012, 06:17:57 PM »

It was a total disgrace today that these scumbags from chester were in our area, ive been coming for 15 years and never have i seen such hooliganism at alty (barring fc utd....but the a bunch of c***s) but chester have a history of this and why didnt we be more prepared for this. i saw 2 stewards talking to them before the match and never did they say that they should go round and considering that the crowd could have been 2000+ and no police were called before the match just baffles me!!

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2012, 06:24:48 PM »

The club let its loyal customers down today, its first job is to ensure that people that people can watch a match in a safe environment. This didn't happen today and I don't blame the stewards who give their time for free for what is a thankless task but the Board owe us an explanation as to why there wasn't a Police presence at the match and an apology for putting its own supporters at risk. This isn't the first time that an incident like this has occured.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2012, 06:28:37 PM »

The stewards were alerted twice to the presence of these fans before 2.30pm.  That was the time to take action.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2012, 06:32:11 PM »

I still cant understand why a few Alty fans didnt sort the problem out. I hope Alty is not like most places these days where people are scared to stand up for what is right and justice. I wasnt at the match but I understand the majority of Chester fans were in the away area.

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2012, 06:37:47 PM »

I still cant understand why a few Alty fans didnt sort the problem out. I hope Alty is not like most places these days where people are scared to stand up for what is right and justice. I wasnt at the match but I understand the majority of Chester fans were in the away area.

The away end and the far third of the pop side were very crowded, with presumably well behaved Chester fans. Just a particular group of C**ts in the GRE.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2012, 06:42:34 PM »

This is what their forum is saying http://www.devachat.com/index.php?showtopic=73732

How can a steward punch anyone in the face, when there weren't any to be seen?

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2012, 06:43:37 PM »

Becasue I don't go to a football match to fight.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2012, 06:47:27 PM »

To be fair their forum has a number of fans who realise that there are two sides to every story.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

pughalex22

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2012, 06:55:32 PM »

been on chester fans sight and said that a steward started it all by punchin a 16 year old and then no ambulance was called and there was no injury conflicted.... its so annoying when people just make up things when they were in the other end i was 6ft away from it all, i saw the chester fan viciously stamp on the alty fans head and i also saw the ambulance coming....at no point did a steward raise their hands to any fans home or away and this would never had occured if these fans would have been iin our end, also if they knew they were in our end why did they start chanting instead of telling a steward they were in the wrong end... the blame is mostly on them... although i do believe we could have let the srtewards deal with the situation rather than fans going in for a fight.

decman7

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2012, 07:03:02 PM »

From where I was stood, it did look very much like the two lads went over and started the fight.

joe

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2012, 07:06:46 PM »

From where I was stood, it did look very much like the two lads went over and started the fight.

Incorrect

decman7

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2012, 07:10:07 PM »

Incorrect

Fair enough, just looked like that from where I was.

62vintage

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2012, 07:17:51 PM »

The club let its loyal customers down today, its first job is to ensure that people that people can watch a match in a safe environment. This didn't happen today and I don't blame the stewards who give their time for free for what is a thankless task but the Board owe us an explanation as to why there wasn't a Police presence at the match and an apology for putting its own supporters at risk. This isn't the first time that an incident like this has occured.

I was sat in the main stand so cannot really comment on how or why the trouble started. though a female Chester supporter who was sat behind us did say "the Altrincham fans are fighting amongst themselves." She seemed quite offended when asked why we would do that.
During the game I am sure that I saw our chairman behind the goal so would hope the club will make some comment on the website in due course.
My question would be, why was`nt there a police presence for the start of the game? 

joe

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2012, 07:24:25 PM »

I can guarentee that Alty fans were not fighting amongst themselves! I think I speak for most Alty fans when I say we havent got a fight in us but I for one wont stand back and watch someone get stamped on.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 chester fans in golf road end