PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sinnott is absolutely clueless!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Sinnott is absolutely clueless!!  (Read 21269 times)

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Sinnott is absolutely clueless!!
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2012, 08:19:32 PM »

Duncan Watmore is an 18 year old lad playing in a physical League.

.....Today we played at Vauxhall who are always a very robust physical team and less than 48 hours after the completion of this game we kick off again at home against Chester.

Resting the 18 year old today and replacing him with what some people might consider a more physical player seems to make sense to me....

Ah, I see. So we rest Watmore today and hope the rest of the rabble get us three points cos Vauxhall are sh*te and we bring him back against a good team on Monday and hope to scrape a win. 6 points in the bag! What a genius Len Snottie is!

Realistically shouldn't we have gone all out today to bag the three points and worry about Chester once we've got said three points in the bag?  ??? The plan you allude to has no fall-back position once the 3 points are lost today and Duncan is even more knackered having played against grown-ups for 30 minutes today.                                                           
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 08:44:06 PM by buryalty »

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2012, 09:12:35 PM »

I really don't buy all this rotating and 18 year olds need resting etc.. We are Altrincham not Man Utd. The manager should play the STRONGEST line up at his disposal every game.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2012, 09:17:57 PM »

He aint an 18 year old built like Nicky Daws was and he's played two games close together last weekend, the second on what I am advised was a mudheap which would have been taxing on even the strongest and most physical of individuals.

Today we played at Vauxhall who are always a very robust physical team and less than 48 hours after the completion of this game we kick off again at home against Chester.

Resting the 18 year old today and replacing him with what some people might consider a more physical player seems to make sense to me.

As for the suggestion or rather rumour that he'd been dropped for not tracking back at Harrogate - laughable! in fact almost as laughable as the idea that anyone involved with the Club would actually tell anyone that

The whole league is physical!! The lower down the pyramid you go the less time you have on the ball and more physical it is. Don't recall any complaints coming back from Clitheroe and I bet he was kicked from pillar to post...

Beaver

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2012, 09:24:21 PM »

Thought Richman had one of his best games today (sorry V of D).

Today was a standard Vauxhall v Alty display.  They worked hard and we gave it away too much and didn't really penetrate enough and they won.

They caught us cold when we were applying the pressure for the second.  We were at least getting in the box and their keeper pulled off two decent saves from Lawrie.  We had two decent shouts for a penalty as well but the ref wasn;t the reason we lost.

I thought Brooke had a good game on Tuesday but he was poor again today and combined with a misfiring Reeves it leaves us virtually nothing up front.  He certainly isn't the long term answer without a serious improvement.

Piles the pressure on the Chester game now.

Ecky, surely this is reason enough for dismay. We've not progressed 1 bit since GH left. Still sh*t in cup games. Still sh*t at Vauxhall. Still prone to abject defensive displays (in fact more than before) and still not able to string 3 decent games together.

Looking at who LS has signed not a single player stands out. Clee, Reeves, Densmore and Coburn already there and Duncan from the youth. Take or leave the rest as they don't give a toss about the club.

How long do you give someone who hasn't signed a decent player and hasn't threatened to give us any league winning form? I wasn't a massive fan of GH towards the end, but let's be honest we paid a massive amount of money out to replace him with someone who at very best has equalled him at his most mediocre. I can't see LS ever generating the spirit and tactics required to produce a backs to the wall 1-0 win away from home in conf national. GH had that. So, for me we've regressed. Gutted.

I'll be there at Oxford and I can't wait. Hoping the right Alty turns up, it's a 33/66 chance right now :-(

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2012, 09:27:32 PM »

Spot on. Agree with all of this.

Today was a standard Vauxhall v Alty display.  They worked hard and we gave it away too much and didn't really penetrate enough and they won.

They caught us cold when we were applying the pressure for the second.  We were at least getting in the box and their keeper pulled off two decent saves from Lawrie.  We had two decent shouts for a penalty as well but the ref wasn;t the reason we lost.

I thought Brooke had a good game on Tuesday but he was poor again today and combined with a misfiring Reeves it leaves us virtually nothing up front.  He certainly isn't the long term answer without a serious improvement.

Ecky, surely this is reason enough for dismay. We've not progressed 1 bit since GH left. Still sh*t in cup games. Still sh*t at Vauxhall. Still prone to abject defensive displays (in fact more than before) and still not able to string 3 decent games together.

Looking at who LS has signed not a single player stands out. Clee, Reeves, Densmore and Coburn already there and Duncan from the youth. Take or leave the rest as they don't give a toss about the club.

How long do you give someone who hasn't signed a decent player and hasn't threatened to give us any league winning form? I wasn't a massive fan of GH towards the end, but let's be honest we paid a massive amount of money out to replace him with someone who at very best has equalled him at his most mediocre. I can't see LS ever generating the spirit and tactics required to produce a backs to the wall 1-0 win away from home in conf national. GH had that. So, for me we've regressed. Gutted.

I'll be there at Oxford and I can't wait. Hoping the right Alty turns up, it's a 33/66 chance right now :-(

markecky

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2012, 09:45:00 PM »

Beaver,

You make some valid points. I suppose the point I was trying to make was that today we weren't battered by Vauxhall in an abject display from every player.

I'm not some pro Sinnott apologist, I have never spoken to the man.  I just don't think its right that after every defeat or draw is 100% his fault.  His players yes and some aren't good enough but he isnt playing some weird 6-1-3 formation.

He has the right, based on scouting reports he has from Vauxhall to make the team selections he feels are right. 

I think some on here think he should have a read of the lineups that get posted on a Friday and pick his favourite ( MAYBE HE SHOULD etc etc)

We need a damn good performance against Chester I know that much.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2012, 09:54:55 PM »

I'm not a fan of the Sinnott out theory at present - but - I do wonder if some of the signings are any better than what we had last season.

Yep just 3 games into a brand new season but the thing that concerns me most is the seemingly lack of passion throughout the team and the inability to string simple passes together - there were a few decent performers out there today but we never seem to want to bring the ball out of defence and most players treat it as a hot potato. We also cannot create much when Clee is out of the side.

I wont be there on Monday. Not due to todays performance but for the simple reason being that I refuse to be shuffled up the end of the popular side yet again, due to the inevitable segregation.

Eatmygoal

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2012, 11:10:58 PM »

I' m not sure what the alternative would be if Sinnott left? I was no fan of GH, but look what happened when he left. We got worse. It's a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' situation.
Although I worry sometimes when I see him leaning aganist the wall in his suit looking down hearted and not giving the players a deserved verbal kicking, I do think he needs more time....but not too much that Alty get into a relegation position.
For me it's not just the players who have to put in a bloody good performance against Chester, it's also the manager. I hope Lee has the fire in his belly. If not, then maybe he needs think hard about his future at Alty.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2012, 11:22:56 PM »

What is point of changing the manager after 3 games?
They really should be beating teams like us

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2012, 11:38:23 PM »

.....Today we played at Vauxhall who are always a very robust physical team and less than 48 hours after the completion of this game we kick off again at home against Chester.

Resting the 18 year old today and replacing him with what some people might consider a more physical player seems to make sense to me....

Ah, I see. So we rest Watmore today and hope the rest of the rabble get us three points cos Vauxhall are sh*te and we bring him back against a good team on Monday and hope to scrape a win. 6 points in the bag! What a genius Len Snottie is!

Realistically shouldn't we have gone all out today to bag the three points and worry about Chester once we've got said three points in the bag?  ??? The plan you allude to has no fall-back position once the 3 points are lost today and Duncan is even more knackered having played against grown-ups for 30 minutes today.                                                           

I'm thinking of the whole season rather than Monday in particular. Monday was just an example of us playing a theoretically better and less physical side. Incidentally where did I suggest that Vauxhall are sh*te, your words not mine. My issue was Duncan possibly being less suited to the battle than Richman.

However it does seem that you, like some others, intend to twist the meaning of another correspondents post to suit your own agenda. Have you thought of becoming an MP?

The Clitheroe issuse is, IMHO, nugatory. Duncan's pace and movement would enable him, nine times out of ten, to avoid the agricultural centre backs at Clitheroe's level.

Remember please that this is the second level of Football outside the Football League and that Watmore has very limited first team experience

mortlakebob

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2012, 11:45:05 PM »

The post about not playing an 18 year old lad because of heavy pitches, 2 games in 3 days, physical league Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla is just old fashioned cliched nonsense.  We are very lucky to have a bright young talent like this who has single handedly scored/created more on his own than the rest of the squad put together. Play him. Take the game to the opposition and win matches. It's not complicated. Poor decision today which backfired. Generally think the manager talks a lot of honest sense in his post match comments. Would be nice for him to admit he got that one wrong at least. Chester are nothing special. Let's get 9 pts on board by next sat 5pm.

VofD

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2012, 11:46:15 PM »

One season and 3 games, actually. And the point is, as others have posted today, that he is absolutely CLUELESS. >:(

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2012, 11:52:52 PM »

One season and 3 games, actually. And the point is, as others have posted today, that he is absolutely CLUELESS. >:(

He's not though or else we'd have been relegated last season.

ForeverAlty

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2012, 12:33:35 AM »

Well Sinnot signed Lawrie which i thing is great! And also Reeves would not be playing for us now if it wasn't for Sinnot. I know Ken wasn't a big fan, but GH proberly couldnt of kept him.

Luca and Hall have to be given time to show their worth. Legends don't appear over night

taxi Phil

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2012, 07:44:06 AM »

He's not though or else we'd have been relegated last season.
He is though or else we'd have been promoted last season ? Strange logic ! 16 of 22 clubs in the league were going neither up nor down after all.  Not happy with him despite having faith last season. But I'll be delighted if he proves me wrong.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sinnott is absolutely clueless!!