News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's disaster

Author Topic: Today's disaster  (Read 5137 times)

taxi Phil

Today's disaster
« on: August 27, 2012, 07:42:43 PM »

What a relief that we've sorted out our defensive problems from last season. We're currently leaking goals at the rate of 2.75 per game. At that rate we'd concede 115 this season. Whilst our problems seem to start because our full backs would struggle to tackle next door's cat, it has to be said that our much vaunted centre back pairing seem to be totally unable to cope with routine crosses.

There is zero creativity in midfield - though I thought Moult played well when he came on.

Watmore was brilliant for 70 minutes, but ran out of steam. However, when he was operating with Reeves and Lawrie we were a real threat going forward. BUT it's no good scoring a couple of goals a game while leaking half as many again !

Rodgers won plenty of ball, and worked his socks off. But if he passes water with the same degree of accuracy that he passes a football, I wouldn't stand next to him in the gents without protective clothing.

Brooke is utterly useless. The next 50-50 he wins will be the first this season. Get rid and free up a wage to sign on a replacement for the sadly missed Phelan.

We're one place outside the drop zone. I don't want next season's Xmas derby to be Witton Albion. And I couldn't face the thought of SCUM being a division higher than us. Collective removal of rose-tinted glasses please. We are heading for a relegation battle, and either Lee sorts it RAPID or he should think green and stop polluting the M62 between Hull and here on a regular basis.

Think this is a rant ? Ecky would have struck off what I posted if I'd come on  here three hours ago. I was angry on Saturday - tonight I'm thoroughly bloody depressed.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Today's disaster
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 07:44:37 PM »

Well said

joe

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 07:45:41 PM »

I am in total agreement

Jenga

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 07:47:30 PM »

Phil, maybe a little over-reacting there?

We will not be in for a relegation battle.

We are looking mid table I think, but agree mid table is not good enough.

62vintage

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 08:08:03 PM »

Today was the first time I have seen us this season and unfortunately it will not be the last. The first 25 minutes or so were the worst I have seen in a long time. If Chester were any good they would have won the game before half time. As it was we settled down and scored 2 good goals to level it and looked like we would push on and win.
Duncan Watmore looks like he will be a cracking player but if he keeps improving I fear he will not be with us for long. I cannot remember who our number 9 was today but he was a waste of space and I am certain that I would have put a better performance in than him.

jacksparrow

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 08:11:30 PM »

I also think this maybe an overreaction , what we must realise is that this team is not only a young side , it is a VERY young side and we need to be patient with them , young boys will all read the posts on here and negativity breeds fear , mid table or 7th 8th and a little cup run would be more realistic than the constant promtion/relagation posts we read every other day

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 08:16:36 PM »

I am slightly bewildered by our championship winning centre back pairing. Defensively we look no better than last season.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 08:18:33 PM »

I am slightly bewildered by our championship winning centre back pairing. Defensively we look no better than last season.
all great players need a great leader
ParkINson's red and white army

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 08:28:21 PM »

This. Whilst I think Dens has been playing better than he has of late, I'm just not convinced of him being captain material. Trouble is, who to give it to? I would had given it to Rogers, but so far he hasn't lived up to expectations.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Jimmy

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 08:52:05 PM »

Stuart

taxi Phil

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 08:52:27 PM »

This. Whilst I think Dens has been playing better than he has of late, I'm just not convinced of him being captain material. Trouble is, who to give it to? I would had given it to Rogers, but so far he hasn't lived up to expectations.
I still think Danny Hall is the only real option.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 10:04:59 PM »

Alot has been said about the centre half pairings, I actually believe and I have read somewhere that they hardly played together at Hyde. I can believe this!

We had our chances today but did not convert them, there defense at times was shaky, but we did not capitalise, they on the other hand finished better than we did against a frail defence and inept midfield that they got in behind time after time.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's disaster