PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vauxhall Motors - MATCHDAY THREAD
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Vauxhall Motors - MATCHDAY THREAD  (Read 7419 times)

mortlakebob

Re: Vauxhall Motors - MATCHDAY THREAD
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2012, 06:43:51 PM »

Disappointing performance. Densmores marking wasn't good enough and that cost us the first. Then we offered very little until combination of watmore on and them having 10 men. Leaving watmore on bench appears very odd. He's the most creative player by a distance judged on the 3 games so far. Really need to get behind players on Monday because there's not an awful lot of confidence and self belief on that pitch at the moment. Some positive signs including a new midfielder who will help with our passing. I'm not a big fan of Sinnott though. Some baffling decisions at times and he doesn't seem to inspire his players, although to be fair on Tuesday his changes did help win the game.

Jezza

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2012, 06:44:38 PM »

still think we'll stutter to xmas before getting rid of sinnott and everyone will wish we'd done it with 6 games to go last season.

hope I'm wrong and we are 6 points of clear at xmas having gone 9 games without conceding a goal......and no I didn't go today coz of work.

I also still think our problem is not mainly the defence....it is the 2 in front of the defence, danlyk and lawton still not been replaced.

sinnott's only decent signings have been lawrie....who is inconsistent but played in different positions..... and havern and hall.....the rest have not been up to standard and that is the problem.

put a carmody/harris or owen/hussin into that team and the clean sheets would come.....was phelan really in the carmo/owen/harris/hussin class? if not can we stop mitigating a terrible start with the fact an average player left suddenly.....

jacksparrow

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2012, 06:58:45 PM »

poor performance today , they are not a good side and apart from the goals only had maybe two other chances in open play , all their pressure was from set plays which we dealt with  , we missed a sitter early on and we were really sloppy in possesion, new midfeilder did ok , we were denied a nailed on pen from a ref who looked like hed never played sport in his life !!! he lost control of the game early , but no excuses we were poor, Monday is a big game now { they all are }

finnquark

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2012, 07:30:16 PM »

I think today was a mixture of sloppiness, poor luck and a lack of cohesion. We started very well, and threatened in the opening ten. And then the game sort of petered out - we had decent possession and actually played some decent stuff until the final third when everything broke down. I like Brooke, I think he is very comfortable holding the ball up and bringing others into play. I like Reeves for obvious reasons. But today they just didn't gel. Lawrie didn't get going, and Richman is a defensive option on the right (and I agree with mooted reasons above as to why he replaced Watmore).

Their goals both stemmed from moments of loose concentration - the first when the ball inexplicably rolled across the box and three players failed to react leaving Thompson to knock in, and the second from a misunderstanding involving Watmore and somebody else on the edge of their box. Apart from that the defense looked alright - Leather was ok, Hall and Havern especially were comfortable.

It stems from the midfield as people have said. Moult was a mixed bag but needs a couple of games. Rodgers might have offered the necessary physicality today I thought. Lacey was alright but could well have been sent off - he snaps around and seems to get easily distracted/enticed into off the ball scraps (as did Densmore today).

If we could only have taken any of the 5 or 6 decent chances in the second half, today's narrative would have been different. Obviously that's essentially the same with every game, but I don't  think people need to unduly panic yet.

markecky

« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2012, 07:33:26 PM »

Rodgers was injured with a dead leg.

finnquark

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2012, 07:41:17 PM »

Cheers, thought he was probably injured.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2012, 08:07:18 PM »

No smile on my face tonight.
Got used to seeing us get nothing on the road last season. I could understand it and accept it (and still sometimes enjoy it) when visiting Oxford, Wrexham etc the season before, but this is getting tiresome now and our fans just don't deserve to see their money wasted each fortnight. 
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2012, 09:10:22 PM »

A crowd of 300 apparently. We must have had 200

JDN

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2012, 10:38:46 AM »

I'm not, it's always a battle at vauxhall, theyll just kick him, richman gets stuck in, so I can see why we'd start with the X1 we have
Rubbish

Every game is a battle in this league

May as well release him now if your worried about him getting kicked

Jimmy

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2012, 10:53:23 AM »

Some may say we have a bad record there I can accept that against fearns mcclusky etc but they no longer have players like that its like saying Hungary are still hard to beat

fuertes

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2012, 10:57:36 AM »

Rubbish

Every game is a battle in this league

May as well release him now if your worried about him getting kicked

Yep, that's a sensible response.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vauxhall Motors - MATCHDAY THREAD