PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Brackley Town - MATCHDAY THREAD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Brackley Town - MATCHDAY THREAD  (Read 25992 times)

markecky

Re: Brackley Town - MATCHDAY THREAD
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2012, 04:37:56 PM »

Its scary we are even considering loans or more recruits so soon i thought that is what closed season was meant for ?

We have to hope its a blip and have the right players

I think we'll have to get a midfielder on loan ASAP after Phelans departure as that was glaringly obvious yesterday. Will probably have to be on loan I would guess.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2012, 04:48:55 PM »

Its scary we are even considering loans or more recruits so soon i thought that is what closed season was meant for ?

I think we'll have to get a midfielder on loan ASAP after Phelans departure as that was glaringly obvious yesterday. Will probably have to be on loan I would guess.
fair point
ParkINson's red and white army

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2012, 04:51:21 PM »

There are players out there of good standard without clubs just a case of persuading them to go part time.

John Crewe

« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2012, 06:32:40 PM »

A couple of decent signings (even loans if necessary) and some extra time to get everyone fit/develop a proper understanding could see us right near the top challenging.

what was pre season for?

John Crewe

« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2012, 06:34:50 PM »

we need two, Carl Rodgers was the worst player on the pitch

fuertes

« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2012, 07:55:26 PM »

A couple of decent signings (even loans if necessary) and some extra time to get everyone fit/develop a proper understanding could see us right near the top challenging.

what was pre season for?

Obviously it's a chance to settle on a team and get players as well-prepared for the season as possible.

Of course, because we live in the real world, things don't often run smoothly. Phelan was thought to be an automatic midfield choice, but ended up leaving at the very end of preseason. Whilst Reeves got barely any match practice after spending most of his time training with Kilmarnock and Donny.

I'm perfectly willing to say it was a bad result and that Sinnott has work to do to sort things out. But there are some extenuating circumstances here.

John Crewe

« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2012, 07:59:56 PM »

what was pre season for?

Obviously it's a chance to settle on a team and get players as well-prepared for the season as possible.

Of course, because we live in the real world, things don't often run smoothly. Phelan was thought to be an automatic midfield choice, but ended up leaving at the very end of preseason. Whilst Reeves got barely any match practice after spending most of his time training with Kilmarnock and Donny.

I'm perfectly willing to say it was a bad result and that Sinnott has work to do to sort things out. But there are some extenuating circumstances here.

same old excuses

John Crewe

« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2012, 08:04:48 PM »

I wasn't there, so can't comment on the performance itself. Although somewhere between disappointing and woeful seems about right judging by what I've heard. But just on a general point...

In fairness, we've had our landmark defensive signing pull out right before kick off with an injury, we're a central midfielder short after Phelan getting his Everton gig and our main goalscorer from last season is still well behind in terms of getting match fit.

None of those things excuse such a battering on our home turf, of course. But I think writing the season off after a game is a bit silly. A couple of decent signings (even loans if necessary) and some extra time to get everyone fit/develop a proper understanding could see us right near the top challenging.

And obviously this is a make or break year for Sinnott. I'll probably agree that we should get rid if we don't make the playoffs. But let's actually give him the whole season to see what he can do rather than talk about giving him the chop in September if we lose a couple more games.

why do you say that you can not comment on the performance

But then go on with every old excuse under the sun

i was there it was a shambles - end of

whopper

« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2012, 08:40:02 PM »

I wasn't there, so can't comment on the performance itself. Although somewhere between disappointing and woeful seems about right judging by what I've heard. But just on a general point...

In fairness, we've had our landmark defensive signing pull out right before kick off with an injury, we're a central midfielder short after Phelan getting his Everton gig and our main goalscorer from last season is still well behind in terms of getting match fit.

None of those things excuse such a battering on our home turf, of course. But I think writing the season off after a game is a bit silly. A couple of decent signings (even loans if necessary) and some extra time to get everyone fit/develop a proper understanding could see us right near the top challenging.

And obviously this is a make or break year for Sinnott. I'll probably agree that we should get rid if we don't make the playoffs. But let's actually give him the whole season to see what he can do rather than talk about giving him the chop in September if we lose a couple more games.

john it appears only people with negative karma actually talk sense on here anymore  :D

fuertes

« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2012, 08:49:55 PM »

Because the overall state of Altrincham FC and our chances for 2012/13 doesn't hinge entirely on what happened yesterday against Brackley, believe it or not.

I hope to God you're just a troll. And in fairness, I think you probably are. But if you genuinely believe what you say in your posts, you're terrifyingly stupid.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 08:53:13 PM by Banbury Alty »

Ash 48

« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2012, 08:56:23 PM »

Because the overall state of Altrincham FC and our chances for 2012/13 doesn't hinge entirely on what happened yesterday against Brackley, believe it or not.

I hope to God you're just a troll. And in fairness, I think you probably are. But if you genuinely believe what you say in your posts, you're terrifyingly stupid.

;D well said!

Hamilton

« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2012, 08:57:42 PM »

Goodwin

John Crewe

« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2012, 10:41:56 PM »

Anyone that was there yesterday will understand what I am saying

I know it not easy if you not seeing it for yourself, but if you genuinely believe what you say in your posts, you're terrifyingly stupid.

JDN

« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2012, 11:10:16 PM »

To be fair everything John Crewe has said is spot on

It was an absolute shambles. No more excuses

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2012, 11:12:31 PM »

If Alty manage to win at harrogate on Tue Night - I wonder how many posts will be on here saying we are going to Piss this tinpot league? - Just a thought
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Brackley Town - MATCHDAY THREAD