PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Brawling league
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Brawling league  (Read 16701 times)

Jezza

Re: Brawling league
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2012, 05:38:53 PM »

I agree players have a responsibility and their behaviour on this occasion was like a crowd of out of control schoolkids....mind you, we all had a teacher with whom you just knew you could run riot.....and there were teachers you respected....there is a parralel here I think...

RocketDan

« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2012, 07:36:49 PM »

Away fans are given the away end - Home fans have the rest of the the standing area, with the far corner acting as a sterile area. This should be the same for all league games.

I seem to remember standing on that open terrace at York a few years ago in the rain, didn't hear Alty fans complaining about the lack of cover. If away fans want cover go in the seating area or bring an umbrella.

That's the end of the debate as far as i am concerned.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 07:41:59 PM by The Golf Road Grumbler »

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2012, 08:25:14 PM »

This thread is like an episode of Heartbeat, with two completely separate stories going on at the same time!  :D
Come on Alty!

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2012, 08:31:25 PM »

I don't understand how it would cost any money - just move the fence!!

The fences are to big to fix anywhere else hence they would need cutting down or smaller fences sauced

Ohhh yes, I'm quite partial to a bit of lightly sauced fence
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

taxi Phil

« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2012, 09:21:18 PM »

I don't understand how it would cost any money - just move the fence!!

The fences are to big to fix anywhere else hence they would need cutting down or smaller fences sauced

Ohhh yes, I'm quite partial to a bit of lightly sauced fence
That's quite enough of YOUR sauce Uncle G !

Longman

« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2012, 12:04:39 AM »

The sterile area is sh*t.

D.A. ALTY

• Regular First Team
  • ALTY F.C TILL I FUKIN DIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2012, 03:17:32 AM »

what know one seems to have mentioned is, the away fans have about a 3 and a half foot fence in front of them, its hardly segregation, if they wanted to invade the pitch, whats to stop them,  the same goes for the segregation barriers where ever you put them, they are still only six feet high, if they wanted to climb over them, they would, barriers are a waste of time, but who would have to pay for more policing if a BIG ex league club came to town ???

Butty

« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2012, 05:06:31 AM »

first of all I'd have gone across to the liner, waved the players away telling them i wanted to consult in peace if and they didn't walk away i'd just give the penalty without consultation... I'd have had a consultation and decided if the guy was sane or not....the ref must have seen the woking player trip himself so if it had been me I'd have told the liner he was an arsehole and awarded a drop ball....

wouldn't then have had to deal with the jostling would I?...cause and effect.....

If I'd given the pen then i'd have dealt with the jostling rather than changing my mind mid goosestep march to book the keeper...I'd probably wave the yellow to the keeper on the way....

time for you to get a horse....why book one player for doing what half a dozen players were doing?...why not deal with the jostling first and then deal with the keeper...it was inept....indefensible display backed up by the usual haughty pompous stance that just gets everyone's backs up.

Not seen a ref lose it so completely and look so sad really just blowing his whistle to no effect.....

So dishing out cards willy nilly to anyone who pushes or shoves and ending up with 3 players on the field without a booking is the answer then?

Jezza

« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2012, 04:14:53 PM »

now come along, you cannot defend refs one minute by quoting the letter of the law and then come out with that sort of nonsense...and continuing your logic if all the players deliberatly handball, fight, break legs in tackles the ref is powerless to act for fear of having too high a card count.....is that what you are saying?

there is a difference between pushing and shoving and general jostling as at every corner and wrestling....or can you not see that?...and personally I'd love to see this sort of crap forced out of the game yes by booking and sending off until the players get the message and by using video evidence after matches to mop up what the ref did or didn't see wether he'd put the thing in his bible match report or not!!!

the ref lost control, the players acted like naughty schoolkids....I suspect there is a link .....maybe there isn't.......but please don't defend refs for defending refs sake because I promise you you will trip yourself up with contradictions.....

at the end of the day if the ref showed some humility and talked to the players instead of waving in their faces and prancing round like a commandant he wouldn't annoy the fans and players quite so much.....or do you disagree with that too?

Jezza

« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2012, 04:45:51 PM »

just to finish on an agreement do you not agree in such instances that the ref should have pulled over the dartford captain at the point of consulting with the liner and got him to get the players to calm down?...this should be a standard practice in such unattractive scenes of players surrounding officials and shows authority far more than the usual high and mighty (in my view very ignorant and almost insulting) waving away, shaking head etc???

In the community shield there was a great piece of reffing where ashley cole was getting a tad over excited and had flown into a few challenges, the ref had already sent off a chelsea player for a reckless tackle ealrier....so the ref called john terry over and got him to have a word...everyone could see and understand what the ref was doing and it was more likely to get a respectful response than strutting over and dramatically flourishing a card?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Brawling league