PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Brawling league
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Brawling league  (Read 16633 times)

Bath Alty

Re: Brawling league
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2012, 07:45:30 PM »

That ref was properly terrible.  Booking the guy for talking to the assistant (OK I couldn't hear what he was saying) but he wasn't in his face or anything and then before the pen is taken the blue no 10 has his hands on the Woking lads neck - told to stop it but no further action and then book the keeper for coming off his line when the penalty clearly wasn't about to be taken.  I imagine it could be used as an exam question at ref school - Apart from getting the original penalty decision wrong, what did he do wrong here?

'Comments are disabled for this video' I can't think why!

Butty

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2012, 08:10:52 PM »

That ref was properly terrible.  Booking the guy for talking to the assistant (OK I couldn't hear what he was saying) but he wasn't in his face or anything and then before the pen is taken the blue no 10 has his hands on the Woking lads neck - told to stop it but no further action and then book the keeper for coming off his line when the penalty clearly wasn't about to be taken.  I imagine it could be used as an exam question at ref school - Apart from getting the original penalty decision wrong, what did he do wrong here?

I doubt he was enquiring as to the linesman's wellbeing, so a caution for dissent was (probably) justified- the letter of the law could probably have seen him earn a dismissal for Offensive, Abusive and Insulting language but I have never seen that given.
The pre-penalty 'jostling' is similar to corners- penalise one, you have to do the lot.
Why shouldn't the keeper be booked? What reason does he have to do to amble 12 yards off his line, pick the ball up and have a chat to the taker?
And if you watched the clip again, you'll see it was actually the linesman who 'gave' the penalty (although using the old penalty signal)

Jenga

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2012, 08:29:10 PM »

i BLAME SINNOTT.

Hamilton

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2012, 08:58:33 PM »

I'm sure the people who bought the land said they would give that to the club or the local council for use when they relocate, though?

That would be ideal though, as long as we could paint it in our colours!  :)   :)   :)

They did, but that's on the assumption Vics survive and/or ever get another ground!

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2012, 09:17:45 PM »

I think the liner got it wrong with the penalty, but booking the player for having a go at the liner was inevitable really.....you could argue the ref would have been wrong to ignore it.

The keeper deserves his booking as well and the penalty taker will be lucky to escape an FA charge once the ref watches the vid and puts his report in

On segregation at Moss Lane, let's hope this can be sorted sensibly such that safety prevails and we can at least watch the match from the 'raised roof' section - as a 'raised roof' regular, having to watch from the Golf Rd end of the Popside is so frustrating as the view is very poor by comparison
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2012, 09:46:42 PM »

Decent gate for the game, nearly 1900 there under the floodlights.  Makes you want to be back in the Conference.

Glad Woking are back in the Conference, always had a soft spot for them.  Garry Hill is a decent manager with a good track record apart from head-butting Salisbury assistant manager

Once had a quick chat with Geoff Chapple years back at Moss Lane, nice fella....three FA trophy victories cant be bad.  Clive Walker was the dogs bollocks like
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 09:51:25 PM by Knutsford Alty »

Bath Alty

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2012, 11:53:52 PM »

I doubt he was enquiring as to the linesman's wellbeing, so a caution for dissent was (probably) justified- the letter of the law could probably have seen him earn a dismissal for Offensive, Abusive and Insulting language but I have never seen that given.
The pre-penalty 'jostling' is similar to corners- penalise one, you have to do the lot.
Why shouldn't the keeper be booked? What reason does he have to do to amble 12 yards off his line, pick the ball up and have a chat to the taker?
And if you watched the clip again, you'll see it was actually the linesman who 'gave' the penalty (although using the old penalty signal)

It was the speed of the first booking - the card was out of the pocket before the bloke was within 5 yards of the assistant but you may be quite right he may have instantly said more than players usually do to officials in those couple of seconds.

The penalty jostling is not the same as corners.  I got the number wrong it's the number 6 that has his hands on the neck of an opponent (6:25).  I accept that the keeper could get booked but my point was that the ref didn't deal with the 'jostling' choosing instead to book the keeper for the much more serious offence of picking up a dead ball.

I take the point on the linesman giving the decision - I didn't notice that first time.  It would be interesting to see if he gave the original foul, if so it was a late call or if he reacted to the ref blowing for the freekick and was simply indicating that if there was an offence it took place in the area.  Actually it wouldn't be interesting at all ......

Several players acted like idiots, as did members of the crowd and their stewards don't appear to be as on the ball as ours, I think we can all agree on that!

FJT1980

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2012, 07:34:59 AM »

We REALLY need football back don't we??

Jezza

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2012, 12:24:03 PM »

what an absolutly clueless and inept ref aided and abetted by an appraently blind liner!!!...and just look at the pompous git as he gives the pen for something he didn't see.......one of the best adolf hitler impressions ever!!

I'd wager a fotune the ref was awful right through the 90 minutes...books someone for questioning the liner when half a dozen other player were doing the same, sees three players practically wrestling but chooses to book the keeper instead so it's no wonder the players thought it ok to fight after the goal.

Butty

« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2012, 12:28:31 PM »

what an absolutly clueless and inept ref aided and abetted by an appraently blind liner!!!...and just look at the pompous git as he gives the pen for something he didn't see.......one of the best adolf hitler impressions ever!!

I'd wager a fotune the ref was awful right through the 90 minutes...books someone for questioning the liner when half a dozen other player were doing the same, sees three players practically wrestling but chooses to book the keeper instead so it's no wonder the players thought it ok to fight after the goal.

Time to take you down a notch from your high horse.

What would you do, assuming you took your linesman's advice and gave the penalty?

Jezza

« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2012, 01:00:48 PM »

first of all I'd have gone across to the liner, waved the players away telling them i wanted to consult in peace if and they didn't walk away i'd just give the penalty without consultation... I'd have had a consultation and decided if the guy was sane or not....the ref must have seen the woking player trip himself so if it had been me I'd have told the liner he was an arsehole and awarded a drop ball....

wouldn't then have had to deal with the jostling would I?...cause and effect.....

If I'd given the pen then i'd have dealt with the jostling rather than changing my mind mid goosestep march to book the keeper...I'd probably wave the yellow to the keeper on the way....

time for you to get a horse....why book one player for doing what half a dozen players were doing?...why not deal with the jostling first and then deal with the keeper...it was inept....indefensible display backed up by the usual haughty pompous stance that just gets everyone's backs up.

Not seen a ref lose it so completely and look so sad really just blowing his whistle to no effect.....

Hamilton

« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2012, 02:19:58 PM »

first of all I'd have gone across to the liner, waved the players away telling them i wanted to consult in peace if and they didn't walk away i'd just give the penalty without consultation... I'd have had a consultation and decided if the guy was sane or not....the ref must have seen the woking player trip himself so if it had been me I'd have told the liner he was an arsehole and awarded a drop ball....

wouldn't then have had to deal with the jostling would I?...cause and effect.....

If I'd given the pen then i'd have dealt with the jostling rather than changing my mind mid goosestep march to book the keeper...I'd probably wave the yellow to the keeper on the way....

time for you to get a horse....why book one player for doing what half a dozen players were doing?...why not deal with the jostling first and then deal with the keeper...it was inept....indefensible display backed up by the usual haughty pompous stance that just gets everyone's backs up.

Not seen a ref lose it so completely and look so sad really just blowing his whistle to no effect.....

The ref looked to me, with his body language, a prancing ninny; very dismissive of the players and haughty body language.

Jezza

« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2012, 05:10:28 PM »

The ref looked to me, with his body language, a prancing ninny; very dismissive of the players and haughty body language.
exactly this.....refs will make mistakes just as players do and just as I do in occasionally in my job.....it's their holier than thou pompous never admit they are wrong attitude that gets everyone's backs up and loses the players respect.....it's like me crashing the car and then waving away my boss's protests and shaking my head vigorously when he points out the car has no front end anymore before strutting out of the office.....and then because it wasn't in my daily log report the insurance company refusing to pay out as well....

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2012, 05:15:13 PM »

To my mind, any refereeing mistakes/shortcomings are secondary to the bad behaviour of some of the players and fans. As I said previously, Sole should have the book thrown at him for what he did after scoring his pen.
Come on Alty!

taxi Phil

« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2012, 05:17:42 PM »

Sole is a heel. He should get a tongue lashing, and then the boot.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Brawling league