PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Brackley Predictions
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Brackley Predictions  (Read 15260 times)

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Brackley Predictions
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2012, 04:10:15 PM »

If clees left back we wont win, oh by the way text speak is now part of the gcse syllabus so all the grammer nazis may well just roll over and die  :P

We're doomed...

Hamilton

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2012, 05:16:53 PM »

If clees left back we wont win, oh by the way text speak is now part of the gcse syllabus so all the grammer nazis may well just roll over and die  :P

Hitler is part of the GCSE syllabus, but it doesn't make him good!

bighairedmike

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2012, 05:21:01 PM »

Speaking of Colin Little wonder goals, was the Woking away match a few seasons ago the last time we won our opening fixture?

Indeed it was.

A 2-1 win on the opening day of the 2008/09 season.

The last time that we recorded a victory at Moss Lane on the opening day of the league season was Saturday, 12th August 2006 via a 2-1 win against Stevenage Borough.
See the Robins Review for the Brackley Town game on Saturday for an article on Alty's opening day fixtures over the years....!

Also with a Colin Little wonder goal, the volley from a tight angle that he smashed in from a corner. One of my favourite Colin Little goals that.

whopper

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2012, 05:46:10 PM »

And you'd still fail that course.....!

LOL; ROFL etc......

i can see you passing it easy then.....

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2012, 07:58:12 PM »

Speaking of Colin Little wonder goals, was the Woking away match a few seasons ago the last time we won our opening fixture?

Indeed it was.

The last time that we recorded a victory at Moss Lane on the opening day of the league season was Saturday, 12th August 2006 via a 2-1 win against Stevenage Borough.
See the Robins Review for the Brackley Town game on Saturday for an article on Alty's opening day fixtures over the years....!

Also with a Colin Little wonder goal, the volley from a tight angle that he smashed in from a corner. One of my favourite Colin Little goals that.
Still miss Colin what a total legend
ParkINson's red and white army

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2012, 08:47:24 PM »

And you'd still fail that course.....!

LOL; ROFL etc......

i can see you passing it easy then.....

Jacko,

Your vote of confidence is appreciated but if you are offering any tuition in text speak, I'll gladly enrol, as I'm in dire need of a refresher course!

Meanwhile, to get back on topic (and as expressed in another thread), I do share your misgivings about Clee being played at left full back.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2012, 09:25:40 PM »

Indeed it was.

For some reason my main memory of that day is not the game but the Stevenage fans chanting in the NWS before KO and their MEGALOLZ Confguide approved repertoire of 'We're going to piss this tinpot league' and the theme from Only Fools and Horses.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2012, 10:11:27 PM »

3-1, to the boys.
Put my  hols back for this game.
God, we better win!!!

JDN

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2012, 10:17:44 PM »

2-1 Alty, ATT 724

markecky

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2012, 11:18:28 PM »

Indeed it was.

For some reason my main memory of that day is not the game but the Stevenage fans chanting in the NWS before KO and their MEGALOLZ Confguide approved repertoire of 'We're going to piss this tinpot league' and the theme from Only Fools and Horses.

I've only missed two opening games since in 22 years. 

Stevenage and Woking  ::)

taxi Phil

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2012, 08:30:20 AM »

We have to work out a way of keeping Ecky away on Saturday.........

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2012, 09:43:14 AM »

2-0 Alty - Att 769 (52 from Brackley)

fuertes

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2012, 10:17:18 AM »

I'm hoping we can muster 800+ fans for the first game of the season.

I fancy a draw. 1-1. But that won't be too bad a result considering Brackley will be in the hunt.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2012, 11:08:07 AM »

Alty 0 -3 Brackley

Att 683

A super organised Brackley side with irritating ex conference players do a proper southern job on us. Virtually no fans, just a well funded side which has us raging, absolutely raging at the fact they have investment and we don't. We don't look at the races and the NWS is a viper's nest afterwards.

Come on, you've seen this one before.

However, things improve after that, starting with a much better performance at Harrogate on Tuesday.

taxi Phil

« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2012, 02:26:12 PM »

Would that be the same Harrogate against whom we have an appalling record ? Never mind, Vauxhall next.....oh, just a minute.......
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Brackley Predictions