PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Danny Hall
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Danny Hall  (Read 7995 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Danny Hall
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2012, 03:20:32 PM »

This isn't a wise after the event quip, but I was pretty worried after the final friendly against Stockport, you could see we had no pace at the back, they cut us open all afternoon.From that point on it was a case of hoping the BSN wasn't played with a similar pace, unfortunately in a fair number of games it was. And it was soon "well known" by other teams in the league that we couldn't defend.And the bringing back of Williams and bringing in Hawes did nothing to remedy the problem.Hopefully with a midfield enforcer the defence won't be as exposed this time around.Im pretty sure we will start with a home fixture, and is important from a confidence point of view that we come out of it with a clean sheet if possible.Id actually sooner take a 1-0 win than a 4-2 win under the current circumstances

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2012, 11:01:37 PM »

I'd actually sooner take a 1-0 win than a 4-2 win under the current circumstances

I'd like a dozen or so of each please! (and a few 0-0's)  ;)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

York Alty

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2012, 01:12:46 PM »

I'd actually sooner take a 1-0 win than a 4-2 win under the current circumstances

I'd like a dozen or so of each please! (and a few 0-0's)  ;)

I'm with Socrates on that.  Lamentable defending cost us last season.  How many clean sheets did we keep?  Not so many.  A few 1-0 wins at the start of the season would do me while the new unit fully settle in.  Once we have that secure we can afford to be more expansive.  No point doing what we did last year and score a hatful but concede loads too. 

Clean sheets build confidence throughout the team and management.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2012, 01:23:16 PM »

All though Lee prefers to play 4-4-2, I think we must bring in the personnel to change that if required.Many times last year we conceeded silly late goals and struggled to shut games down, we need to be able to shut up shop and snuff out the opposition when in winning position and coming under pressure.We panicked on too many occasions last time out.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2012, 10:44:16 AM »

All though Lee prefers to play 4-4-2, I think we must bring in the personnel to change that if required.Many times last year we conceeded silly late goals and struggled to shut games down, we need to be able to shut up shop and snuff out the opposition when in winning position and coming under pressure.We panicked on too many occasions last time out.
Agree with this. To have any chance of getting out of this league, having a tight defence is vital. Look how Nuneaton did basically due to a very solid defence and pretty average attack. Seems Lee has sussed this out with signing of Carl (who will sit in front of the back four) and an experienced CH in Hall who should bring on Flynn who has lots of ability but lacks composure. If Sam Grimshaw is as good as George thinks and Dens at RB then we should be a lot tighter at the back. My concern now is not creating chances but putting them away.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2012, 05:19:10 PM »

Back to square one then, Flynn gone! So who will Danny partner then?
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Danny Hall