News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Damian Reeves

Author Topic: Damian Reeves  (Read 2865 times)

OxfordFanInPeace

Damian Reeves
« on: May 25, 2012, 10:26:37 PM »

Hi Oxford United fan in peace,

I was just wondering whether or not your top goalscorer with an amazing amount of goals is still in contract with you and how long for? Also do you think he'd be good enough for the football league? What's his work rate, skill and control like? Also how tall is he?

Sorry annoying you lot just wondering if it's worth a crack at a non league hot shot. Maybe too far north for him to join us but I'm sure with 44 gls in 42 he could cut it in League 2 and maybe League 1. Have you had any interest from other clubs for him?

How you lot doing in the BS North?

Good luck for next season! Looks like Oxford City will be joining you and clubs like Workington(500+ mile round trip) and Halifax. Crazy really.

Thanks
 :)

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Damian Reeves
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 10:33:27 PM »

He's leaving and he'll go Doncaster or Oldham or something. He'll probably have a semi decent goal return in League 2 I would guess, League 1 could be too high a step up.

He doesn't want to uproot his family so no offense to your club but he won't go to you.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 10:35:21 PM »

It his home town club Doncaster are firm favourites to sign him mate, the media seem to suggest Oldham and now Rotherham are also keen on him.I think with his family situation (new baby) that Oxford might be a bit far as he will more than likely want to stay near family. Hosting Oxford Utd to hosting Oxford city in the space of a couple of years is not somthing I think any of us imagined would happen.If we can get a defence next season, we will be decent

OxfordFanInPeace

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 10:58:18 PM »

Ok thanks lads. Ah, shame I thought location would've been a problem. Will you get a fee for him or is his contract up? We need a goal scorer with our lack of goals last season causing us to miss out on the playoffs.

Rotheram are splashing the cash with Steve Evans and I think he'd be better off going to a league 2 club rather than jumping 3 leagues into league 1 straight away.

What's the quality of BS North like is there a big difference between the league above? Mind you the BS Premier is getting stronger every year with clubs with funds and more ex league clubs.

By the way Oxford City are full of ex-United players with former youth players and players in their late 30s finishing their careers.

Any way good luck next season and hopefully in a few years time you might be able to get into the football league. :)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 07:47:02 AM »

Not on contract and I agree with you, league 1 is a big step up from league 2.  BSN is very poor quite a bit below the conf premier
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 11:29:53 AM »

Sorry, still havn't forgiven that your chavy fans for holding us hostage (plus my daughter & dad) a few years back  >:(  still it was worth it when Azza's late penalty went it  ;D

Back outside to chill-out now. Bastards the lot of them !!!!!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 11:32:42 AM »

Sorry, still havn't forgiven that your chavy fans for holding us hostage (plus my daughter & dad) a few years back  >:(  still it was worth it when Azza's late penalty went it  ;D

Back outside to chill-out now. Bastards the lot of them !!!!!
my favourite part however was when the Oxford fans starting beating each other up instead of the Alty razors  right in thier midst ha ha numpties
ParkINson's red and white army

OxfordFanInPeace

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 03:44:42 PM »

Oh do you mean this penalty? It was never a penalty ref was and altrincham fan! m.youtube.com/watch?desktop_uri=
%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DgyCsT3VTH7I&v=gyCsT3VTH7I&gl=US
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 11:58:59 AM by OxfordFanInPeace »

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2012, 03:50:51 PM »

Oh do you mean this penalty? It was never a penalty ref was and altrincham fan! m.youtube.com/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DgyCsT3VTH7I&v=gyCsT3VTH7I&gl=US
i agree totally never a pen thats what made it even funnier :)
ParkINson's red and white army

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2012, 09:40:02 AM »

Yep never a penalty, arn't they always the best one's ?  ;D

andrewflynn

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2012, 08:53:30 PM »

Oh do you mean this penalty? It was never a penalty ref was and altrincham fan! m.youtube.com/watch?desktop_uri=
%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DgyCsT3VTH7I&v=gyCsT3VTH7I&gl=US

I wonder how many times opposition fans used to say that regarding Yemi Odubade?  :D
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Damian Reeves