News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A few things from the Muff

Author Topic: A few things from the Muff  (Read 1918 times)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« on: March 12, 2007, 08:46:13 AM »

A great weekend had by all I think ?

Weymouth support being absol terrible, very quiet but very friendly directors and supporters in the bar afterwards. even they seem to dislike the drummer as he stands miles away from anyone else  ;)

The linesman (assistant t*sser, or whatever they're called nowadays) was a complete joke (love it when we win cos then its not sour grapes). Thought he was way off the standard of a conference official, but maybe he was just having an off day ?

I had forgot what its like for Stu Coburn to come over and celebrate after an away win, only 333 days since the last one

Taking over the Weymouth Supporters Bus from Town and it having to go back to actually pick up their supporters was quite amusing.

I'll add some more later as have the joys of work now .... I  LOVE WEYMOUTH AWAY !

Daycare Dan

Re: A few things from the Muff
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 09:57:09 AM »

It looked to me like that liner had been told not go flag for anything until the ref indicated it first. Why I don't know, makes no point in having him there in the first place!

Taking over the bus was one of the moments of the weekend.

Was there any Weymouth support? I don't remember them making any noise (apart from the f-ing drum!!)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 10:12:07 AM »

It's generally about the Referee's pre match instructions.

Some Refs tell you to Referee your quarter, if you see a foul give it. Others say for you to follow them. One retired Referee of a public school persuasion had the following as part of his pre match (when referring to throw ins) If the ball goes out of play on your line put your flag up and I'll tell you which way to point so follow me.

There seems at the level above the Parks to be a big thing at present about credibility hence increasing numbers of Ref's wanting you to follow them into a decision.

Myself I follow the first school of thought, my Assistant is a qualified Ref so why should I dictate to him or her what he or she has seen.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 10:13:49 AM »

The importance of width was perfectly illustrated on Saturday.

Senior replacing Owen (who has been excellent recently) gave us an extra dimension in midfield and significantly improved our attacking prospects. With Senior on the wing he was able to push forward, this in turn allowed O'Neill to drop back slightly and play 'in the hole'.

From here he was able to link the ball from the midfield to either Little, playing the conventional striker role, or to Senior who was always keen to cut inside from the wings. In effect our formation was dynamic fluctuating between 4-4-2 and 4-3-3; we certainly looked all the better for it.

Almost every attack seemed to come via O'Neill as he was being utilised in his best position; not just someone who can hold the ball up but someone who can actually play the ball on the ground in a creative fashion, this could not have been achieved without the extra width Senior gave us. Without this width it is too easy for the defence to shut Little out of the game, an attacking presence on the wings however opens so many more opportunities for us as well a problems for the defence.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 06:23:11 PM »

The linesman you are refering to is a greek (by his name)cornish man,at one stage i offered him the use of my glasses.That drummer was very funny,sometimes it was just one beat.The weymouth fans were very poor and were well and truely outshouted by the Alty fans
Harold
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team