PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sexism in football
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sexism in football  (Read 5772 times)

thegazelle

Re: Sexism in football
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2012, 08:15:10 AM »

i think we should embrass women as linespersons and afterall it is 2012 , especially if they are topless

Had to read that a few times as I thought it said "embarrass" as opposed to embrace  :D
OK point taken that will teach me to post quickly just before i pop out to the pub, Hands held up, i type like a Knob
if you want to make an issue of it, i am on the same continent at the moment and i have to say considering its spanish st augustine is fableoustastic
yer welcome is driving me feckin mad, how do you put up with it? i am stopping saying thank you............. awesome

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2012, 02:26:26 PM »

A women is getting married and asks her mother why do women wear white at their wedding,to which the reply was..its to show everyone they are still pure.
The groom asked his father the same question,why do women wear white at their wedding
to which his father replied,son dont you know all kitchen appliances come in white.

This was told by a female radio presenter before i get slated :D
Harold

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2012, 06:37:59 PM »

Interesting postulation Ian, particularly from an official with experience of operating with assistants and familiar with the difficulties of running a different diagonal. 

I agree with you ATS for once

it was onside

I can't say for certain it was onside but there were a number of occasions just prior when Marlon Broomes was stood a few yards behind the rest of the back four (trying to compensate for lack of pace?) where they would've been onside. I thought it was onside, couldn't definately say, but there is a likelihood on balance of probabilities  that it was.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 07:39:49 AM »

Interesting postulation Ian, particularly from an official with experience of operating with assistants and familiar with the difficulties of running a different diagonal. 

My theory is that the assistant would have been protected more from the abuse. If you can give your lesser experienced assistant some protection you try and look after them. This is presuming the senior official is on the dugout side.
They really should be beating teams like us

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2012, 09:11:27 AM »

I agree entirely Ian. My point is that you will know as well as anyone how hard it is to change your diagonal

Also we play at a level where Referees have to run outside rights.

If I had concerns about an Assistant in that scenario I might have thought of swopping them over and putting the object of my concern in front of the Family Stand 
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sexism in football