News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Chester Fan's View of Today's Game

Author Topic: Chester Fan's View of Today's Game  (Read 1407 times)

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 28, 2012, 09:41:29 PM »

"Needed a football fix, so I took in today's game, at Altrincham.

My initial view of the Conference North, is that it is faster and more physical, than the leagues that we have been used too. It is also quite direct. Mistakes will be punished.
Having said that I believe we have enough class, in our team to cope with the increase in level, perhaps with a couple of experienced , Conference North signings.

Moss Lane is a real old fashioned football ground and I am looking forward, to filing the ground with blues, next season.

The game ended 3-2, to gainsborough (who have made the play offs). The result was possibly a little hard on Alrincham, who created plenty of chances.

Altrincham have a decent spine, with Marlon Broomes, at the back and Simon Richman, in midfield. The pick of their players, on the day, was 18 year old Duncan Watmore, He is lighting quick and he is a player, we will need to watch. He scored one of Altrinchams goals by chipping the keeper, after outpacing the gainsborough defence. Incidently, 41 goal Damien Reeves had an off day, so I wouldn't like to judge him on the basis of one performance.

Gainsborough played more on the break and had the outstanding player in Leon Mettam , a small striker, with good link up play and plenty of movement. He scored all of Gainsboroughs 3 goals. Although, Altrincham are susceptible to pace.

In conclusion, compared to the Premiership, give me this level of football, any time."
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Chester Fan's View of Today's Game
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 09:52:12 PM »

How sh*t is that guy's punctuation!   :D
Come on Alty!

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Chester Fan's View of Today's Game
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 10:00:48 PM »

I didn't notice that, I was too busy being amazed by him pointing out Marlon Broomes and Simon Richman as giving us a good spine!

Great to hear Watmore getting good reports.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team