https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: 5,009  (Read 9548 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 09, 2012, 11:40:55 PM »

At Chester v northwich today, we've missed a huge chance this season in a league poor in quality and financial clout.Chester,Kettering and Darlington to come next year.With a the possibility of big spending Chorley or FCUM. We needed to hit the ground running after last season, that's a minimum we should have expected.The excuses about budgets and sugar daddys and not being able to compete will probably get trotted out on here again.But weve  not even looked likely this year.I don't care how big somebody's social club or lottery is, Altrincham football club being patted on the head by Hyde united and Guiseley is not acceptable.Not now and Not in the future.

Hamilton

Re: 5,009
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 11:46:17 PM »

We should have a bigger budget next year and a manager who has gained another years experience and familiarity at this level after his break from management.

whopper

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 11:48:13 PM »

This is what i think fans dont realise, its going to be so much harder next season and its worrying

RocketDan

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 11:52:36 PM »

I hear what you are saying pete, but what are you actually suggesting we do? Sacking our manager will involve paying a large amount of compensation and jeopardise our budget for next season.

I think a few fans on here need to wake up and smell the coffee. we are a small club in a small league, that is living off past glories. What has Altrincham FC actually achieved in the past 20 years? Not a lot. This season we are just as close to the relegation zone as we are to the play offs, and quite frankly, i am expecting us to be here for another 5 seasons.

markecky

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 11:54:25 PM »

I hear what you are saying pete, but what are you actually suggesting we do? Sacking our manager will involve paying a large amount of compensation and jeopardise our budget for next season.

I think a few fans on here need to wake up and smell the coffee. we are a small club in a small league, that is living off past glories. What has Altrincham FC actually achieved in the past 20 years? Not a lot. This season we are just as close to the relegation zone as we are to the play offs, and quite frankly, i am expecting us to be here for another 5 seasons.

Have you got about ten personalities or just permanently on a windup?

Are we now to write off the next 5 seasons?

markecky

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 11:54:55 PM »

This is what i think fans dont realise, its going to be so much harder next season and its worrying

Hopefully the fans will be educated by the experts on here so they won't need to worry.

whopper

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 11:55:51 PM »

i think were a bit better than that dan, are we as small as vauxhall mitors and corby?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 12:03:37 AM »

We're a bigger club than at least 20 other clubs in this league,and a good number in the league above, and some in the league above that. And what have lots of nonleague clubs done in the last 20 years? There's not that much up for grabs honours wise.

RocketDan

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 12:07:10 AM »

i think were a bit better than that dan, are we as small as vauxhall mitors and corby?

Nottingham Forest are a bigger club than Wigan and Leeds are a bigger club than Swansea.

My point is size and history is irrelevant - we have to stop thinking that, because of our history and "size", we should be challenging for the title and accept that with out budget and our playing staff mid-table is the best we can hope for. If Droylsden win their game in hand, they will leapfrog us in the table, we will be in 9th place on merit.

sorry to bring this dose of depression to the forum, i'm not a trying to be a windup merchant or a pessimist, i'm just being realistic.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 12:13:42 AM »

The day we go with the approach/mindset that we aren't capable of winning the northern premier league we might as well call it a day....

RocketDan

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 12:14:17 AM »

Are we now to write off the next 5 seasons?

Not saying we should write them off, I'm just telling the optimists on here not expect too much.

Anything better than mid-table next season will be a bonus in my eyes.

whopper

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 12:21:34 AM »

Have we been making progress? Are we playing good football? are we getting results? If not why is everyone content?

Hamilton

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 12:26:02 AM »

Have we been making progress? Are we playing good football? are we getting results? If not why is everyone content?

Some, some, some and expectation (in my case).

This season I expected us to be competitive, but probably not quite play off level yet. I do wholly expect us to be right up there next season.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2012, 12:27:50 AM »

Sacking our manager will involve paying a large amount of compensation and jeopardise our budget for next season.

I genuinely don't know the answer to this question.....but is Lee Sinnott actually working under a contract and, if so, what is its duration?

« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 12:30:22 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

markecky

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2012, 12:33:42 AM »

We played some great football today (Twiss was a part of it as well, imagine that).

Not sure many people are content.

We have spent the season on the edge of the playoffs and each time we have been close to getting in we have shot ourselves in the foot, usually with defensive howlers.

For me ripping it up and starting again is not the answer.  I still believe we have a chance of keeping Reevesy and I think Sinnott is an integral part of that.  

The players worked their arses today and I doubt they would have done that for a manager they didn't like as I doubt there were many that thought we'd beat Guiseley away and if they would have jacked it and lost 3-0 it would have been expected.

Sad thing for me is that with just one or two different results the season would look very different and there would not be such extreme posting.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team