News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Big season which is now fading !!!

Author Topic: Big season which is now fading !!!  (Read 3408 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: April 10, 2012, 12:28:36 AM »

I will be honest straight away and admit that I have not attended a high number of games this season but the games I have seen apart from a handful we have been terrible. Fair play we have some optimistic supporters and that is great but I am a realist and this season has not been good enough. We will be stuck in this tin pot league for years unless there is a dramatic change. I have witnessed a number of heartless and clueless performances this season. Our fitness levels are not good enough, we tend to start well from what I have seen and then fade. I remember the seasons when we fought in the conference and we would come out second half and push the full timers right until the end. We haven’t had the right man in charge this season, whether he will adapt changes and improve next year we will see but for me this was the season we needed to get straight back up!! For a start Sinnott needs to play people in their best positions, our defence is sh*te so for a start put Densmore right back where he simply belongs, we should have got a decent left back months and months ago as Nicky Clee is a left winger which we need, Richman has not got the energy or speed for centre mid, Twiss is a waste of LARGE space ( handful of good games in a LARGE number ) yeah it is TWISS’S fault as well as Sinnott’s for playing him because he doesn’t look after himself !!! We should be at least hitting the play offs this season and it looks as we will fall short, for me it has a wasted season which will punish us with this clueless tactician in charge.

bighairedmike

Re: Big season which is now fading !!!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 01:54:50 AM »

Man with an agenda who by his own admission has been to few games.

You saying it is Twiss' fault when you have seen hardly any games is like you saying it is the boards fault for getting rid of Redshaw.

Comment on something you know about. And the "clueless tactician" that you speak of is definitely not one of those things.

Jezza

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 07:34:54 AM »

have to say i think Twiss is looking a lot fitter and he has done well to lose so much weight and that lee has got more out of him than the 'cote did.

also have to say there is no way we realistically should have expected to get straight back up again this season but to be out of contention for the play offs given the attacking resources we have had this year is not good enough.

The players seem to want to play for lee and give their all....I think it is down to gung ho tactics why we always seem to fade and not playing players in their best positions which is my problem with lee.

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 08:13:15 AM »

I still firmly believe that 12 months from now the postings on this forum will be totally different in tone to what we are seeing now.

whopper

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 09:35:06 AM »

I will be honest straight away and admit that I have not attended a high number of games this season but the games I have seen apart from a handful we have been terrible. Fair play we have some optimistic supporters and that is great but I am a realist and this season has not been good enough. We will be stuck in this tin pot league for years unless there is a dramatic change. I have witnessed a number of heartless and clueless performances this season. Our fitness levels are not good enough, we tend to start well from what I have seen and then fade. I remember the seasons when we fought in the conference and we would come out second half and push the full timers right until the end. We haven’t had the right man in charge this season, whether he will adapt changes and improve next year we will see but for me this was the season we needed to get straight back up!! For a start Sinnott needs to play people in their best positions, our defence is sh*te so for a start put Densmore right back where he simply belongs, we should have got a decent left back months and months ago as Nicky Clee is a left winger which we need, Richman has not got the energy or speed for centre mid, Twiss is a waste of LARGE space ( handful of good games in a LARGE number ) yeah it is TWISS’S fault as well as Sinnott’s for playing him because he doesn’t look after himself !!! We should be at least hitting the play offs this season and it looks as we will fall short, for me it has a wasted season which will punish us with this clueless tactician in charge.
post of the entire season, imo u dont need to go to every game to see whats wrong with us, lets hope lee can change all of the above

bighairedmike

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 12:34:25 PM »

post of the entire season, imo u dont need to go to every game to see whats wrong with us, lets hope lee can change all of the above

Yet today was all Lee's fault according to those that didn't go to the game, yet everyone that went to the game knew that wasn't so.

whopper

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 12:59:04 PM »

Yet today was all Lee's fault according to those that didn't go to the game, yet everyone that went to the game knew that wasn't so.
got to look at the big picture not just one game, if u think lee is good enough to take us up next season fair enough, but i dont

Hamilton

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 02:40:33 PM »

got to look at the big picture not just one game, if u think lee is good enough to take us up next season fair enough, but i dont

I do. he's done it with Farsley.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 03:40:49 PM »

Farsley were in a better financial position than us, we will just have to wait and see. Just want to make it clear that I do not wish for him to fail, I love Altrincham FC and want the best for the club, this was a bigger season than people will realise. Also I have been to enough games to make judgement and I do know what I am talking about as football has been my life since I could kick a ball. I am not blaming the season's failings on Twiss I am blaming him for his fitness, effort, movement etc etc !!! Without a doubt he should be in better shape but he has never been fully committed to the cause in my opinion !!!!

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 03:53:34 PM »

so do you blame sinnot for twiss , it wasnt him that brought him to the club , remember who did !  G.H . Sinnot never said we would get promoted in one season , he said he had a two year plan , lets get behind the man instead of all the backbiting

Hulme Robin

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 04:03:58 PM »

Twiss may be a good football but even Lee Sinnot can't prevent the march of time. Twiss isn't getting any younger. Perhaps he should take up yogic flying sister-in-law diddling like Ryan Giggs to preserve his matchday prowess.

markecky

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 04:13:01 PM »

There was no two year plan to get up, it was never mentioned.

Equally there was no "one year or you're sacked" plan either.

Twiss is only part of the issue of the season, we all know its been the centre backs and the midfielders who offer them no protection that has been the issue.

It will remain a mystery to this day how ghe got a 2 year contract at a club that doesn't give 2 year contracts after being dreadful for Stlaybridge the season before.

That said at Guiseley I felt Twiss was holding the ball brilliantly and his distribution was excellent and he played well.  However he was signed as and plays as a striker and he doesn't score goals.

His cards were marked from very early on at Alty and it's not many who win the fans back onside after turning up looking like a house.  Even when he has slimmed down people still think he is like a house.

The Teasing Squad

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 04:18:14 PM »

Twiss has indeed lost loads of weight, what do we reckon 1 maybe 2 pounds? Good riddance in the summer, awful signing.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team