PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lee Sinnott
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Lee Sinnott  (Read 12472 times)

bumble

Re: Lee Sinnott
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2012, 11:39:01 PM »

I'm not going to go over old ground with the Lee Sinnott thing but I'll just sayy thaqt trotting out the old what if United had sacked Ferguson thing is the biggest load of bollocks in football.

One, he hadn't done that bad. Two, name me another example of all the hundreds of managers in the last 20 years who've gone of to achieve success after a bad start. At best Ferguson is a 1 in 200 shot,

Firstly it aint bollocks as it is based upon a fact, demonstrated not only by Man Utd (just an example) but also by Arsenal and Everton (as other examples) that there may be benefit to perseverance

Secondly I feel sure that the United fans at the time felt that he had done extremely badly indeed!!

Thirdly, it can be (and has been) argued by some that we have not 'done that bad' as you describe it. Nowhere near the wrong end of the table and, with four games remaining, still mathematically capable of achieving the play-offs!!!
your blind faith is commendable but also cringe worthy

i dont think your doing anyone any favours

Believe me pal it aint "blind faith" as you put it. I have been critical of past managers and I have some misgivings about certain elements of Mr Sinnott

HOWEVER

I am, I believe a fair individual with no predetermined agenda (last one of those related to Darren Tinson).

I am also realistic, a trait which, IMHO is sadly missing from those currently flocking to support the "knee jerk" Sinnott out movement whilst not particularly well blessed with viable, well thought out alternatives

saying it is still mathematically capable of achieving the play-offs is blind faith and cringe worthy

sorry, totally disagree there - If he said "mathematically capable, and i believe we will" that would be blind faith

simply saying "it could still happen" is not blind faith.....

John Crewe

« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2012, 11:44:02 PM »

so what do you see as the way forward Fatdog?

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2012, 12:37:22 AM »

He at least deserves another season.
can you clarify why?

how do you see us improving next season?

Well, for a start I think it's ridiculous that people are calling for his head after one season. it's  not like we're battling relegation and some fans on here seem to think we have a god given right to go straight back up,. We've done ok this year, not great but not bad. This is certainly no grounds for sacking a manager after 1 season?

And I see us improving by building on what we have now. I hope we will also improve through an increased budget after cutting it this year from over spending to stay up last term  and from the freeing up of wages from Twiss.

Why do you think we would benefit from changing the management team?
why do I think we would benefit from changing the management team? Because the current one have not been able to structure a defence all season, are tactically inept, lack passion, have no contacts - should I go on?

Building on what we have now?

I think your banking on a) Reeves staying and b) LS working out a defence - both far from certain

Are we supposed to be satisfied with 8th or 9th in the league (as you seem more than happy with)? Sorry for me it not enough

No, I'm not satisfied with 8th or 9th and I'd love to see us back in the BSP as soon as possible but I also don't believe that the answer is chopping and changing the manager.It hasn't worked perfectly this year but it doesn't mean it won't next season and I think he should have a chance to mount a proper challenge with a better knowledge of club and players, the league and a healthier budget. However, If we haven't improved our defence and aren't competing this time next year then I will begin to agree with you.

I know that Reeves is likely to go this summer too. He's been fantastic this season and I'd love it if he stayed but it does seem unlikely. What I have been impressed with this year is some of our build up play and creativity. We have played some great football and scored a few great goals in the process, completely turning over a few teams. Players like Lawrie and Clee have also been excellent at times and I'm looking forward to seeing how Watmore will develop next year too.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2012, 06:05:16 AM »

I'm not going to go over old ground with the Lee Sinnott thing but I'll just sayy thaqt trotting out the old what if United had sacked Ferguson thing is the biggest load of bollocks in football.

One, he hadn't done that bad. Two, name me another example of all the hundreds of managers in the last 20 years who've gone of to achieve success after a bad start. At best Ferguson is a 1 in 200 shot,

Firstly it aint bollocks as it is based upon a fact, demonstrated not only by Man Utd (just an example) but also by Arsenal and Everton (as other examples) that there may be benefit to perseverance

Secondly I feel sure that the United fans at the time felt that he had done extremely badly indeed!!

Thirdly, it can be (and has been) argued by some that we have not 'done that bad' as you describe it. Nowhere near the wrong end of
the table and, with four games remaining, still mathematically capable of achieving the play-offs!!!

if you want to go back further than 20 years then you've got Revie at Leeds, Clough (at Derby and Forest), Robson at Ipswich, Burkinshaw at Spurs, Gradi at Crewe.

Sinnott has a lot to prove next season, and he needs to do better. No question. But I agree with ATS in that it takes more balls to stick with a manager and give him time, rather than get sack happy when there's no instant success.

taxi Phil

« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2012, 08:58:51 AM »

Thirdly, it can be (and has been) argued by some that we have not 'done that bad' as you describe it. Nowhere near the wrong end of
the table and, with four games remaining, still mathematically capable of achieving the play-offs!!!

if you want to go back further than 20 years then you've got Revie at Leeds, Clough (at Derby and Forest), Robson at Ipswich, Burkinshaw at Spurs, Gradi at Crewe.

Sinnott has a lot to prove next season, and he needs to do better. No question. But I agree with ATS in that it takes more balls to stick with a manager and give him time, rather than get sack happy when there's no instant success.
Totally agree. We haven't always impressed this season, but how often have we had even three quarters of a settled line-up ? The way Lee sets us out to play has given me a lot more entertainment than in recent seasons, and with a bigger budget I'm prepared to see how Lee strengthens the squad. He'll already have identified a number of target players for sure.

Personally I think we need to lower the average age of our squad. Older players like Miles and Broomes aren't the investment in the futute that the club needs. Having enjoyed the brief cameo from Matt Fearon early on, and seeing the clear potential of Duncan Watmore, I believe that the esteemed Mr.Heslop has a very important role to play !

Jezza

« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2012, 09:25:40 AM »

It's an odd thing but all i hear pre match is well where's he going to play densmore then? he's not gonna play lawrie on the left is he?...well where's that left back he signed?

After the game I hear....wish we'd play everyone in their correct positions, we were a shambles by the end, what formation were we playing?...all he's had to do is sort the defence out...a 41 goal striker and we can't even make the play offs.

Then the consensus seems to be we give him till xmas......My prediction is that we will obviously give lee next pre season....and then he will be sacked around november/december....I hope he proves me wrong but by the way he stands arms crossed doing nothing while it is obvious we need a change and some of his square peg round hole team selection really has gone on too long to suggest to me he can change his thinking...

For the rest of the season he should use the time to blood a few youngsters like watmore...give them 90 minutes every game and tell them to relax, enjoy themsleves and it doesn't matter if we get thrashed 5-0....that would prove the guy has an idea of a two year plan...if reeves is so defintely leaving then lets start without him now or try to tie him down now....that's management.

I would say that the players seem to play for him and couldn't be accused of not showing effort, he's definetly got more out of twiss than the 'cote did...I noticed how slimline twiss looked yesteray.....he's got reevsey playing very well but that's about it....

george

« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2012, 10:32:12 AM »

Have you thought LS may be the reason Damian stayed @ Moss Lane. Don't forget they were together at Leeds United & Farsley Celtic.

VofD

« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2012, 11:49:55 AM »

It's an odd thing but all i hear pre match is well where's he going to play densmore then? he's not gonna play lawrie on the left is he?...well where's that left back he signed?

After the game I hear....wish we'd play everyone in their correct positions, we were a shambles by the end, what formation were we playing?...all he's had to do is sort the defence out...a 41 goal striker and we can't even make the play offs.

Then the consensus seems to be we give him till xmas......My prediction is that we will obviously give lee next pre season....and then he will be sacked around november/december....I hope he proves me wrong but by the way he stands arms crossed doing nothing while it is obvious we need a change and some of his square peg round hole team selection really has gone on too long to suggest to me he can change his thinking...

For the rest of the season he should use the time to blood a few youngsters like watmore...give them 90 minutes every game and tell them to relax, enjoy themsleves and it doesn't matter if we get thrashed 5-0....that would prove the guy has an idea of a two year plan...if reeves is so defintely leaving then lets start without him now or try to tie him down now....that's management.

I would say that the players seem to play for him and couldn't be accused of not showing effort, he's definetly got more out of twiss than the 'cote did...I noticed how slimline twiss looked yesteray.....he's got reevsey playing very well but that's about it....

Jezza,
           You are a right comedian, so you are. ;D ;D ;D

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2012, 12:35:32 PM »

Lee Sinnott here or not..........we have to hope that the budget next season IS competitive for this division. At the moment we are all assuming (me included) that there will be more to spend next season as we lose a few 'high earners' off the wage bill and that we have been able to 'recover' last seasons losses.
For this to happen we need the crowds to hold up next season so it is important that we get a good start or people will lose faith. We also need to retain sponsors' as well as people continuing to support the club's / TASC's other efforts to raise cash......both of these will be influenced by the football results next season.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 12:37:16 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

bigcol

« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2012, 02:42:31 PM »

I'm struggling to find positives from this season, but these are my main points against Lee:

1) Just how many players have we had registered?  There's been a mixture of reasons - players not fulfilling early promise, us not quite getting the hand of player registration at this level (or falling victim to it, whichever), plainly players who have come in not being good enough at this level (which is to be frank scary, the Premier League this aint - if you can pass a ball and tackle that should get you half way there).  Normally teams are built around key players - apart from Coburn and Messi I haven't seen that.

2) There doesn't seem to be a set plan we are working towards, tactics, formations, style of play, youth, experience, loans etc.   

3) Square pegs in round holes.  Again that might be due to the paucity of our squad but our main creative threat playing at left back?  Honest?

4) I don't buy all the talk about Twiss and money.  Budgets don't always equal success - look at Southport vs Luton in the BSP.  Or even further up, Norwich and Swansea.  We should have enough to compete.

All in all, I just haven't "got it" this season.  I got what GH was trying to do, and got what Kenny was trying too.  I just don't see what Lee's plan is.  As supporters if we see it we can get behind it.

If he's on a 2-year contract so be it, good luck to him and we'll get behind him.  It may be irony, but the amount of self-depreciation we are giving the likes of Summerskill and co says a lot. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lee Sinnott