PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This £5 entry offer on Saturday
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: This £5 entry offer on Saturday  (Read 10250 times)

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: This £5 entry offer on Saturday
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 01:23:04 PM »

The club should at least try it once to find out, if done properly and heavily marketed at least a week or 2 before the match, (the Hyde or Halifax games would have been perfect) then it has great potential.
If the marketing was done right well in advance with good messenger/advertiser/men advert and posters, face book website etc.... then I could see this attracting a crowd of 1500-2000 for an important game.

There would be a loss on gate receipts but wouldn’t the extra spending in the ground and potential for new fans and exposure balance this?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 01:39:53 PM by altrincham »

george

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2012, 01:42:40 PM »

NO.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 01:57:47 PM »

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2012, 02:21:13 PM »

The £5 offer is an attempt to get a few football fans into the ground who may not have been before and of those who do come, some just might decide to come again. Even if they don't and only 6 extra turn up, its £30 extra.

Charge all the reduced rate, the club loses money, we then also won't get the add on at all, it's a no brainer. Then, how do you compensate season ticket holders who have paid in advance. The argument that the extra fans at a cheaper rate will spend in the ground is not a case thought through, even if you really do spend another £8 inside Moss Lane, it is not all money to the club, a pint at £2.50 or whatever is money to the brewery, tax etc, a pie has to be bought before it is sold on, the programme printers have to be paid.

further in the argument, if the club did decide to do such a thing, then why against premium opposition like Halifax or Hyde which should pull in a better gate anyway? If you want more bums on seats then you'd surely be looking at the likes of Solihull, Stortford or Histon games.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2012, 02:26:53 PM »

I could see this attracting a crowd of 1500-2000 for an important game.

Even at full price, if we fail to attract a crowd of 1200+ against Halifax I will be absolutely amazed. Also, Hyde really ought to be helping us achieve a crowd in excess of 1,000 on Saturday and if they don't it would be an absolute disgrace. It's a derby game with the league title looming large. Their whole home crowd should be there (but probably won't be).
Come on Alty!

RocketDan

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2012, 02:41:36 PM »

I'd rather see 1500 at £5 than 750 at the standard rate.

Bare in mind, not all regulars pay £13 - we have lots of OAP, students and kids.

It would be good to have a big crowd and a big atmosphere for Gainsborough on the last day of the season.

markecky

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2012, 02:45:30 PM »

The Halifax game will be get 1500 with 800 from them I would say.

Hopefully some of that gate money will be invested in ensuring the safety of our supporters after incidents at Hyde Utd.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2012, 03:44:44 PM »

The club could try a flyer campaign/promotion, send out 10000 flyers to the local area  to promote the playfoff run in , i bet this would get a few hundred people in. Go a step further and have a tear off slip that is stamped on the turnstyle , get three or 5 stamps for free entry to a match. Little po active promotions that get the locals involved and reward loyalty.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2012, 03:58:50 PM »

Do you know how much it would cost to print 10,000 fliers? And who is going to distribute them. Most people would feel that the playoff run in for us is already over so what would we be advertising? I'm sure the club have thought of all these ideas but due to finance, volunteers etc they aren't practical.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2012, 04:02:04 PM »

Do you know how much it would cost to print 10,000 fliers? And who is going to distribute them. Most people would feel that the playoff run in for us is already over so what would we be advertising? I'm sure the club have thought of all these ideas but due to finance, volunteers etc they aren't practical.

Yes I have just done it for my business aprox £450 printed and delivered. I am aware they prob have thought about ideas until they are blue in the face but talk about marketing and promotions can only be healthy for the club. You have to spend a little to get any rewards.

roytonmike

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2012, 04:03:47 PM »

Agreed!

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2012, 04:21:05 PM »

Leaflet drops/flyers are probably the most ineffective means of communication nowadays, all the junk you get, pizza leaflets, political propaganda, bags to put clothes in etc, they really do just end up in most people's recycling boxes. we are also bombarded with advertising everywhere and unless it has a stroke of genius which attracts people, in my view it's pretty worthless. The latest downloadable posters are however very good, efforts should be made to get them in pubs, clubs and takeaways over a broad area, not just Alty, but Sale, Ashton, Wythenshawe, even out to Knutsford and even Lymm and Warrington .

What is needed is something that gets people talking about the club, mentioning things to mates and so on. Not being a marketing guru I'm unsure what that could be, but there has to be something. Probably community led stuff, that thing on here about Flynny going on Wythenshawe FM, similar media stuff. Is there a sign in the town centre/outside the station giving directions to the ground?
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2012, 06:02:16 PM »

We seem to have this debate three times every season.
I agree there are pro's and con's, but I genuinely believe there are much more drawbacks associated with a cheap entrance fees than there are benefits.
I hear the arguement that if we don't try it, then we will never know, but nobody out there is prepared to cover the immediate financial losses that will result and the club certainly cannot afford to cover these losses even if the experiment does in fact produce long term benefits.

Unfortunately it's a vicious circle....what grows crowds is success (Fleetwood, Crawley for example)......what provides success......usually lots of money..........from crowds or a benefactor
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

GoneFishing

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2012, 06:55:42 PM »

Most people i have spoken to think £13 for the second division of non league football is outrageous. I don't think reducing it to £5 on a permanent basis would bring in enough extra people to make it worthwhile, but doing it once or twice a season might be worth considering if it is advertised properly. I assume the main aim of Saturdays offer is to bring in a few United and City fans who might come again if their club is playing away. Speaking purely from my own situation if it was £5 for everyone i would bring a party of eight (£40) but now it will just be me and my son (£26) so the club will miss out on £14 plus whatever the others would have spent inside the stadium. On a separate issue why is there never anyone selling programmes outside the ground?

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2012, 07:22:36 PM »

Most people i have spoken to think £13 for the second division of non league football is outrageous. I don't think reducing it to £5 on a permanent basis would bring in enough extra people to make it worthwhile, but doing it once or twice a season might be worth considering if it is advertised properly. I assume the main aim of Saturdays offer is to bring in a few United and City fans who might come again if their club is playing away. Speaking purely from my own situation if it was £5 for everyone i would bring a party of eight (£40) but now it will just be me and my son (£26) so the club will miss out on £14 plus whatever the others would have spent inside the stadium. On a separate issue why is there never anyone selling programmes outside the ground?

They sell them just inside the turnstiles at the Golf Road End, but they don't yell like most league grounds seem to so they're easy to miss.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This £5 entry offer on Saturday