PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This £5 entry offer on Saturday
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: This £5 entry offer on Saturday  (Read 10251 times)

GoneFishing

« on: April 02, 2012, 06:27:57 PM »

Why not simplify it by offering entry to everyone for £5? The O/S says Hyde supporters must have a season ticket for one of the League clubs to take advantage of this offer. Why would they have a season ticket for a league club if they support Hyde? If the offer was available to everyone i would be there with at least six other non regulars. I really want Alty to win this game as Hyde have sold their soul and i would love to see them relegated. But unfortunately i think they will win and go on to win the BSN.

markecky

Re: This £5 entry offer on Saturday
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 06:46:33 PM »

The fallout from this will probably just about finish me off but I'll do it anyway.

We can't just offer to local people so its open to people from Hyde who may have a City season ticket as well as its a big City area.

I'm sure the club would love to offer £5 entry to everyone but it isn't possible.

It's just a way of getting hopefully a few new faces down to watch us as Utd and City aren't playing.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 08:52:49 PM »

The fallout from this will probably just about finish me off but I'll do it anyway.

We can't just offer to local people so its open to people from Hyde who may have a City season ticket as well as its a big City area.

I'm sure the club would love to offer £5 entry to everyone but it isn't possible.

It's just a way of getting hopefully a few new faces down to watch us as Utd and City aren't playing.

Last season a colleague who is a Hull season ticket holder but lives in Sale came down, he would have come to this one but its Easter weekend and he has something on. I keep on at him to come more regularly but if you've got every fortnight occupied with your own team and forking out money there then I guess its a bit of a stretch to support 2 teams at full price.

The Red Baron

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 09:45:12 PM »

I will be honest, all of this talk of bringing the crowds back up to over 1000 will not be achieved by this initiative.

I know this offer has been run in the past when City and United aren't playing, but realistically how many additional fans on the day has it brought in, and how many of these fans have been back to watch us again? How many of these fans aren't just Alty fans who borrow a mates season ticket to get in cheaper?

The club would be far better off extending the £5 offer to everyone, not just fans of other clubs. The trouble is fans of other clubs are just that - they support another club and are not and in all likelihood never will be Altrincham fans. If the club extended the offer to the general public you would get curious people coming who don't go and watch any football regularly and to me, these people are more likely to come back than someone already committed to a season ticket of another club.

Also, I can't help but feel it's a slap in the face to a real Alty fans who pay there hard earned money every week, although I suppose not season ticket holders.

Why couldn't the club offer £5 entry for all, and see how that affected attendances? If this happened I reckon a fair few mates would join me on Saturday.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 10:11:41 PM »

Why couldn't the club offer £5 entry for all, and see how that affected attendances? If this happened I reckon a fair few mates would join me on Saturday.

There's your answer
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

andyc

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 10:13:56 PM »

I agree it should be £5 for all, just like Stockport are doing. I come to most home games and will pay my £13 on Saturday but feel a bit annoyed that someone who doesn't even support the club gets in on the cheap just because their team isn't playing.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 10:55:21 PM »

It cannot be a fiver for all..........the club would lose hundreds of pounds because the initiative would only bring an extra hundred in.....we have discussed this numerous times.

I pay my money to get in as well and don't begrudge someone with an Oldham season ticket (and i.d.) getting in for a fiver once or twice a year.......it's a fiver the club would more than likely not have received
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

62vintage

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 10:56:30 PM »

There's your answer
That does not answer the question.  Why is it not possible to make this offer available to all supporters?

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 10:59:37 PM »

See the above...........the club will lose hundreds of pounds in income 
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

markecky

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 11:01:50 PM »

There's your answer
That does not answer the question.  Why is it not possible to make this offer available to all supporters?

Because they would lose hundreds of pounds, if not thousands of pounds.  You realise they can't afford to lose this surely.

If it was every week it would be unfair, now and again is fine by me.

I hear of more and more people who fall out of love with the Premier League and start watching lower league football.  If they enjoy the Hyde match they might just do it at Alty.

Or make Alty their second club.

62vintage

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 11:06:09 PM »

See the above...........the club will lose hundreds of pounds in income 

Yes I can see that, but opening the offer to all may encourage people from Altrincham and surrounding areas to come down for the match. Even if only a few go on to become regulars surely that will benefit the club in the long run, and that is what we should be aiming for.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 11:10:37 PM »

How many do you think would come if it were a fiver and how many would come again or next season at full price.....what would your estimates be.

People of the town don't come because it's £13, nonleague and the team is not in the top half of the premiership and on free to view (well a price of a few pints) telly every week

62vintage

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 11:15:26 PM »

How many do you think would come if it were a fiver and how many would come again or next season at full price.....what would your estimates be.

People of the town don't come because it's £13, nonleague and the team is not in the top half of the premiership and on free to view (well a price of a few pints) telly every week

I have no idea how many would come or even come back again, but if we do not try it we will never know. I am sure most regulars would pay full price or put a tenner if the collection bucket.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 11:27:23 PM »

If you never try you never know......that is absolutely true.......it's just some people do have a reasonable idea what the numbers will be and fortunately they are the people making the decisions. The fiver suggestion for all is nothing more than a gamble, but with long odds I would say.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 11:29:20 PM by Mick »

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2012, 11:38:06 PM »

I would like to see the club try a "pay what you want" scenerio at a game next season.Make the emphasis an attempt to break the conference north attendance record.Publicise it massively for a couple of months and see how that works.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team