PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A vote of confidence for LS
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A vote of confidence for LS  (Read 6731 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: A vote of confidence for LS
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2012, 12:41:53 PM »

personally i will give him a vote of confidence or non confidence in 4 games time

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2012, 12:53:15 PM »

I was expecting us to finish in the play off positions this year, but if we are just outside them, which is fair enough, it's not as if we are 20 points off the playoffs.. LS said he had a two year plan, so i think we should look where we are this time next season before making any rash decisions about the manager. It's also worth baring in mind the fact that Lee has been really unlucky with injuries. For example, if Marlon Broomes and Nicky Clee hadn't been sidelined recently, i'm convinced we would have picked up enough points over the last month or so put us in the top 5.

1. We've never really truly looked like making the play offs. I think we've spent 2 weeks in them. Periphery otherwise.

2. In fairness to LS I don't think he ever actually uttered the words 2 year plan.

But with regards to being unlucky with injuries? Marlon Broomes is a bad example. His fitness record is terrible. Should this have been taken into consideration or was it just another panic signing?

VofD

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2012, 12:57:54 PM »

I'm contemplating leaving the country.
Gareth,
If you decide to go, can you take Twiss and Richman with you. >:( >:(

John Crewe

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2012, 01:07:18 PM »

I was expecting us to finish in the play off positions this year, but if we are just outside them, which is fair enough, it's not as if we are 20 points off the playoffs.. LS said he had a two year plan, so i think we should look where we are this time next season before making any rash decisions about the manager. It's also worth baring in mind the fact that Lee has been really unlucky with injuries. For example, if Marlon Broomes and Nicky Clee hadn't been sidelined recently, i'm convinced we would have picked up enough points over the last month or so put us in the top 5.

1. We've never really truly looked like making the play offs. I think we've spent 2 weeks in them. Periphery otherwise.

2. In fairness to LS I don't think he ever actually uttered the words 2 year plan.

But with regards to being unlucky with injuries? Marlon Broomes is a bad example. His fitness record is terrible. Should this have been taken into consideration or was it just another panic signing?

LS never mentioned the words 2 year plan

The 2 year plan was made up by some posters on this forum as a ready made excuse for failure this season

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2012, 01:08:10 PM »

Exactly, Ballers.

Broomes is a 35-year-old with dodgy hamstrings whose career has been littered with injuries.

Hardly a great long term prospect.

Plus you could also argue that we have actually been extremely fortunate, to date, in that Damien Reeves has (touch wood) not incurred a notable injury all season.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

taxi Phil

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2012, 07:41:17 PM »

LS never mentioned the words 2 year plan

The 2 year plan was made up by some posters on this forum as a ready made excuse for failure this season
What LS ACTUALLY said was that he wanted a squad capable of going up and staying up - and that it might not happen immediately. So at least a two year plan, which on present evidence we're three years away from achieving  >:(

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 10:09:39 AM »

I think we all know what we need to improve next season,...its not a new manager, its simply BETTER players. Yes we have some decent players must not enough quality through the side especially defensively. I am pretty confident that Reeves and Clee will be here next year, plus Dens, Lawrie, watmore, maybe Phelan, maybe Mc Givern (who hasnt played as well for us as he did against us) , I think Connors will come. The rest can be replaced for me with better quality players, even Flynn dives in too much for me although he's got ability.

The real question you should be asking is,....does LS have the profile/contacts or does the club have the money to attract the better quality players we need. For example, if we had Hydes defence all season then, in my opinion we would be up there now.

It wont be any easier next year, unless we sign a lot more quality, lets hope Lee can achieve that. At least this year he DOES have the time and must know who he would like to bring in. I dont think LS has done too bad, at least the players want to play for him and the football has been much more entertaining this year.

george

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2012, 10:16:42 AM »

I think our league position will reflect our budget position in the league.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2012, 10:25:32 AM »

Just shows why having United Reserves here is so important. I just hope they stay here and that hopefully we'll have a slightly improved budget after the adjustments that were made to negate the overspend from 2010/11.

I definitely think LS deserves more time. Any nagging doubts in my mind are about Tolson to be honest, especially after his poor record as manager of Hyde.
Come on Alty!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2012, 02:05:29 PM »

If that is the case you've got question why our budget is midtable in this this league then when we get average gates over of over 800 and charge £3 more than most to get in...

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2012, 02:19:38 PM »

If that is the case you've got question why our budget is midtable in this this league then when we get average gates over of over 800 and charge £3 more than most to get in...

Maybe summat to do with paying off last season's deficit Pete?

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2012, 02:22:53 PM »

You then have to ask,where are the other clubs getting their money from,or are they running up a lot of debt.
Harold

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2012, 02:30:19 PM »

Its not just about gates at this level. It's also about sugar daddy chairmen, directors' loans, a social club thats used every day, owning your ground so you can borrow more against it, the size of your lottery, repaying existing debt, and so on and so on.

In terms of money through the turnstiles, we are clearly one of the top resourced clubs in this league.  But the turnstiles are only part of it.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2012, 02:37:36 PM »

United had their devolpment fund and we had something silular in the 60s and 70s
Harold

letsbyavenue

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2012, 02:39:04 PM »

:P Lee Sinnott: what a second rate joke- only fit to manage a pub team.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A vote of confidence for LS