PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The official Macc relegation watch thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: The official Macc relegation watch thread  (Read 72988 times)

York Alty

Re: The official Macc relegation watch thread
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2012, 04:23:43 PM »

Eventually we will fall back into non league as there are many clubs in the conference much bigger than we are and it's inevitable.

However for now, I am happy knowing that we have had a good solid period of time as a well established football league club and have the chance for it to continue whereas Alty will never achieve what we have and will be forever bitter thinking what if..

Never?  Serious word that me ol' china.  I'd NEVER have put money on Wigan staying in the prem so long.  I'd NEVER have put money on AFC Wimbledon making it back into the league so quickly. I'd NEVER have put money on Nick Clegg being Deputy PM - but they all happened.

Silly chap, back into your hovel.

p.s. I also have an awful feeling that there are two worse teams then you. Weird, but it looks like there are.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2012, 04:35:21 PM »

Alty will never achieve what we have and will be forever bitter thinking what if..

No, not really. I mean, yes of course we harbour ambitions to somehow rekindle our past glories, but if we don't reach those lofty heights I won't be getting all bitter about it. I think most people at our club are quite switched on to the fact that being a top non league club is (for now at least) the best and most realistic thing for us to aim for. That in itself is a huge undertaking as things stand....
Come on Alty!

Jezza

« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2012, 04:36:30 PM »

it's a sweet feeling knowing that macclesfield, accrington and all the other clubs who gained entry to the football league owe altrincham FC everything...a huge debt of gratitude is obligated onto macclesfield's shoulders toward their bitter rival because we opened the door for you, bravely knocking whilst all around cowered under the guises of being totally crap...fearful of the rejection.....once alty had opened the door for you all, past you rudely barged to where you could not be arsed even trying until promotion was guaranteed.

We were the pioneers....the brave alty lads of the sixties and seventies who went for the glory of winning and the glory of winning alone and not for any guaranteed bonus of promotion....and where you then sheep shaggers...eh?...selling us your best players to stay in business that's where!

The inconvenient truth of it all is, Macclesfield would not be where they are today without Alty's massive success.....and God are they bitter about that!

Robin Reliant

« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2012, 04:38:40 PM »

it's a sweet feeling knowing that macclesfield, accrington and all the other clubs who gained entry to the football league owe altrincham FC everything...a huge debt of gratitude is obligated onto macclesfield's shoulders toward their bitter rival because we opened the door for you, bravely knocking whilst all around cowered under the guises of being totally crap...fearful of the rejection.....once alty had opened the door for you all, past you rudely barged to where you could not be arsed even trying until promotion was guaranteed.

We were the pioneers....the brave alty lads of the sixties and seventies who went for the glory of winning and the glory of winning alone and not for any guaranteed bonus of promotion....and where you then sheep shaggers...eh?...selling us your best players to stay in business that's where!

The inconvenient truth of it all is, Macclesfield would not be where they are today without Alty's massive success.....and God are they bitter about that!

Great post, and so say all of us!

markecky

« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2012, 04:40:18 PM »

If you could give us any advice on filling out them grant applications forms (but without getting rumbled this time) that would be great.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2012, 06:46:03 PM »

Thanks for that Jezza - we really appreciate all you did for us! Shame that opportunity will never come knocking again for you eh?

You'll just have to look back to your past glory's and think what if lads? what if? :'(

I'm in total awe of what Macc have achieved in the big Fourth division.....
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

markecky

« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2012, 06:49:16 PM »

Thanks for that Jezza - we really appreciate all you did for us! Shame that opportunity will never come knocking again for you eh?

You'll just have to look back to your past glory's and think what if lads? what if? :'(

You seem reluctant to discuss grant fiddling?

thegazelle

« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2012, 07:10:35 PM »

more interested in sheep fiddling and Brian Fiddling ?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2012, 07:31:01 PM »

You seem reluctant to discuss grant fiddling?

And if you could just point us in the direction of how to embezzle funds out of a company so that we can buy promotion that would be helpful too, don't panic if it leads to suicide or owt like that. Then the grant fiddling to maintainleague status as well.

Actually, not much to be proud of really is there?, even less to be bitter about come to think of it...

p.s. You know you want to be in the GMVC playing us really.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2012, 07:46:03 PM »

What we have achieved is that we have made ourselves into a well established football league club for the past 15 years. We have been promoted to the 3rd tier of English football (albeit for not very long) and have also made the playoffs of League 2. Despite not seeming that impressive in the eyes of most football league clubs - it's a hell of a lot better than you have ever done or ever will for that matter.

On the subject of grant fiddling - it seems a subject you lot are rather obsessed about? It really hurt you didn't it that we got away with poor management of the club a long time ago? Such a shame.

Can't see us falling into any sort of financial issues again either I'm sorry to say - we live within our means whereas a lot in the division do not and have not in the past. You should know about that though: being saved from relegation time and time again. Back where you belong now though, playing teams like Vauxhall Motors and teams that struggle to get attendances of 200.
And that is your future too I'm afraid
Bernard Taylors barmy army

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2012, 08:28:00 PM »

What we have achieved is that we have made ourselves into a well established football league club for the past 15 years. We have been promoted to the 3rd tier of English football (albeit for not very long) and have also made the playoffs of League 2. Despite not seeming that impressive in the eyes of most football league clubs - it's a hell of a lot better than you have ever done or ever will for that matter.

On the subject of grant fiddling - it seems a subject you lot are rather obsessed about? It really hurt you didn't it that we got away with poor management of the club a long time ago? Such a shame.

Can't see us falling into any sort of financial issues again either I'm sorry to say - we live within our means whereas a lot in the division do not and have not in the past. You should know about that though: being saved from relegation time and time again. Back where you belong now though, playing teams like Vauxhall Motors and teams that struggle to get attendances of 200.

Depends on how you interpret "well established".

All the cheating of funds etc aside.

15 years out of 130 years of football existence.

I doubt you are on the tip of many tongues when football is mentioned.

I'm talking about experience and I'm sure a wet Tuesday night in Rochdale is not the holy grail you would like to make it out to be.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2012, 08:37:11 PM »

It is potentially our future as we know we are currently punching above our weight - at least we have had our fair share of time in the league.

Those 15 years are the most recent 15 years in our history so it is it quite relevant.

Good luck with the rest of the season *cough* *cough*. I will be back at the end of the season no matter what the outcome :-*

Indeed enjoy it, I just hope it is enjoyable as I can tell you our last 5 years in the Conf were overly enjoyable.

I may well be shot for that statement for many reasons but hey ho, don't get me wrong I hope we meet soon and our team rip yours a new arse hole.  ;D

Hulme Robin

« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2012, 08:58:00 PM »

It is potentially our future as we know we are currently punching above our weight - at least we have had our fair share of time in the league.

Those 15 years are the most recent 15 years in our history so it is it quite relevant.

Good luck with the rest of the season *cough* *cough*. I will be back at the end of the season no matter what the outcome :-*

Looks like sheep dipping is no good for your throat.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2012, 10:14:41 PM »

I've no doubt they will beat barnet tomoz and the annual revival will follow

taxi Phil

« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2012, 10:20:16 PM »

I've no doubt they will beat barnet tomoz and the annual revival will follow
They won't win tomorrow as I've made them the first bet in my perm at 11-10. I never get Friday night results right  ::)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The official Macc relegation watch thread