News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lee's Apology

Author Topic: Lee's Apology  (Read 4488 times)

markecky

Lee's Apology
« on: March 10, 2012, 08:02:55 PM »

From main site:

Following today's 2-0 home defeat by 18th-placed Bishop's Stortford, which completed a league double over the Robins, Altrincham manager Lee Sinnott said "I take full responsibility for the poor result and performance today. With the recent away game at Bishop's Stortford fresh in our minds, I set the side up differently today with a change of shape, playing three upo front and one behind them but it didn't work today. In fact, we created more chances in the away match, with our normal formation, than we did today.

As the team tactics are down to me, I take full responsibility for the outcome. We didn't perform anywhere near as well as we did in the second half last Tuesday, against Stalybridge. I hold up my hands and apologise to all the fans, who turned out in good numbers today. We didn't do them justice".

It ain't going to bring the points back or improve my mood this evening but at least its honest and frank.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Lee's Apology
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 08:43:48 PM »

Fair play to him
ParkINson's red and white army

VofD

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 10:21:46 PM »

It's POINTS we need, not APOLOGIES,FFS.  >:( >:( >:(

markecky

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 10:24:06 PM »

I think we're all aware of that Jock, however its rare to see such honesty from a manager to contact the website to apologise.  He didn't have to do that.

Its better than the "I thought we were unlucky" or other stuff we've had in the past.

joe

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 10:29:19 PM »

It was plainly obvious to everyone in the ground ten minutes into the match that the different formation wasn't working yet the manager decided to stick with it for the full game! Surely it doesn't take a football genius to revert to 4 4 2 at half time?

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 10:36:18 PM »

Fair play to Lee , but lets hope he learns from his mistakes

VofD

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 10:40:22 PM »

I think we're all aware of that Jock, however its rare to see such honesty from a manager to contact the website to apologise.  He didn't have to do that.

Its better than the "I thought we were unlucky" or other stuff we've had in the past.

I think he was getting in quick with his apology before some fans started calling for his head following today's shocking performance, for which he takes the blame. Complete lack of tactical awareness, and didn't have a clue how to change it when it was patently obvious his initial tactics were not working. >:( >:( >:(

markecky

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 11:02:46 PM »

I think he was getting in quick with his apology before some fans started calling for his head following today's shocking performance, for which he takes the blame. Complete lack of tactical awareness, and didn't have a clue how to change it when it was patently obvious his initial tactics were not working. >:( >:( >:(

Take it how you wish.  My opnion is it was an honest apology.  And as I said orignally it doesnt improve my mood or get us 3 points.

I think he is big enough to take a few people calling for his head on the internet after 6 months to be honest if they were thinking of doing so.

Jezza

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 06:23:01 AM »

fair play for the apology.......but it's frustrating and baffling why lee stood and watched what we were watching and didn't change it....we can say we hope he learns but he's supposed to be a pretty experienced manager isn't he???

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 09:06:01 AM »

An honest apology and an attempt to play differently given the personel available.  It was a mistake, the key thing to do is learn from them and move forward.  Had we lost anyway how long before we hear that we are always playing 442 why does lee have no ambition to change things.  Sometimes things don't work, I'd rather have a manager who tries new things than one who doesn't.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

ALTYGAL

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 09:34:52 AM »

Tnanks for taking the blameand not making silly corny excuses  Lee, but its not good enough you had plenty of time to change it when it was pretty obvious from the off it wasn't going to work   :(

Toppers

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 11:34:38 AM »

what i dont understand is.. why didnt he change back to formation that we've used all season after half an hour.

Jezza

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 04:25:42 PM »

I've actually workjed out how I feel about this one......it's similar to when the bloke who drove out on me apologised and offered to buy me a new bumper....when i'd totalled my entire front end....I'm sure he was a very nice bloke mind and i appreciated his honesty in owning up to driving out of a give way without looking...

Malty G

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 09:13:57 AM »

I take it he apologised  expansively to the players too, and that's why they were in the dressing so long after the match.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lee's Apology