PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Northwich Announce Ground Share
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Northwich Announce Ground Share  (Read 7056 times)

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Northwich Announce Ground Share
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 01:57:30 PM »

"According to the AA, Skelmersdale is 32 muiles from Northwich"

NOTE : This is about 999,978 miles less than the distance that Jim Rushe is from being competent to run a football club.

Being a million and 10 miles away is noticeably worse than being a million miles away  ;)
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Little CamVic

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2012, 02:29:47 PM »

Would Skem's ground be up to Conference standards? I can't imagine it would although maybe up to Evo Stik.

On a side note, with FCUM late charge those play offs could be very interesting with Vics and Chorley possibly in there.

And also, I noticed Buxton were in the relegation zone, what the hell's happened there?

They would be allowed to play at Skem next season in BSN.

To gain promotion, a ground must be to the grading of the league you're being promoted from. You then have until March 31 of the following season to get the ground up to the grading for the league you've been promoted to. Or more likely in Vics' case they will by then have looked for a different ground share.

Skem isn't set in stone. Vics need to have a ground share agreement in place by March 31st. They are not then bound to play their games at that nominated ground.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 02:36:06 PM »

I'm also pretty sure that Conference rules, be it North, South or National require a 10 year lease/tenancy thing?

Little CamVic

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 04:50:28 PM »

I'm also pretty sure that Conference rules, be it North, South or National require a 10 year lease/tenancy thing?

No, that's just for promotion to the Football League. Not required for the Conference.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 05:37:33 PM »

No, that's just for promotion to the Football League. Not required for the Conference.

Hmm, I'll wait for a 2nd opinion on that...

I'm fairly certain that's why Kettering have ended up at Nene Park.

whopper

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2012, 05:41:08 PM »

So northwich vics fans are scousers after all..........

Little CamVic

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2012, 05:52:58 PM »

Hmm, I'll wait for a 2nd opinion on that...

I'm fairly certain that's why Kettering have ended up at Nene Park.

Will this opinion do?

http://www.thefa.com/Leagues/NationalLeagueSystem/~/media/Files/PDF/Leagues/Ground%20grading/2011/Grade%20B%20July%202011.ashx/Grade%20B%20July%202011.pdf

The equivalent Grade A document describes how a 10 year lease is required for entry in the FL.

Now whether or not Skem passes the first criterion "The ground must give an overall appearance and impression of being a football ground suitable for the
highest level of the National League System. " is more debatable!!!

York Alty

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2012, 07:12:24 PM »

where Vics play, what level s it, capacity, how long the agreement is for, grading, promotion etc is of interest but wherever it is it won't be in Northwich and to me any club that is based outside its home town is in major trouble.  Reduced gates, especially for midweek fixtures, any gate money is simply going to pay the rent all makes for increasing your long term problems not improving them.

Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Northwich Announce Ground Share