News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 THE "P" WORD........

Author Topic: THE "P" WORD........  (Read 6138 times)

taxi Phil

THE "P" WORD........
« on: February 25, 2012, 05:53:15 PM »

..................should now be BANNED on this Forum unless by some miracle we actually qualify for the damned things !

One win in 5 matches, six points outside the impact zone. We should all just chill now, and take what we can out of the rest of the season.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: THE "P" WORD........
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 06:05:58 PM »

The season was effectively over on Tuesday night, one season out of twenty have Altrincham stepped up to the challenge when required.
Stafford/slough 91
Macc 94
Kiddy trophy Qf 94
Dover/kingstonian first relegation
Kidderminster
Aldershot
Tamworth
Weymouth
Southport
Eastbourne
FC united
Witton
Stalybridge
Gainsborough
Hinckley
Bishop Stortford

Feel free to fill in the gaps, the clubs self depreciating losing mentality needs to change before anything else.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 06:35:26 PM »

Part of me has thought we werent going to go up this season for a while now.

Our defence simply hasnt been good enough neither has the midfield to be honest. I just feel sorry for Reeves and Co up front
If they dont score at least two then the team loses/draws

That is what has done for our chances this season.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 07:41:22 PM »

Today Halifax and Guiseley lost (Halifax twice to Nuneaton in a week), and Stalybridge and Gainsborugh drew. The play-offs are still a possibility but if promotion happens Atrincham wouldn't be ready, just like last time.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 07:46:08 PM »

We will piss this tinpot leauge- FACT

Sometime in the next 8 years......
ParkINson's red and white army

bumble

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 07:48:24 PM »

The season was effectively over on Tuesday night, one season out of twenty have Altrincham stepped up to the challenge when required.
Stafford/slough 91
Macc 94
Kiddy trophy Qf 94
Dover/kingstonian first relegation
Kidderminster
Aldershot
Tamworth
Weymouth
Southport
Forest green
Eastbourne
FC united
Witton
Stalybridge
Gainsborough
Hinckley
Bishop Stortford

Feel free to fill in the gaps, the clubs self depreciating losing mentality needs to change before anything else.

ALTYGAL

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 11:40:15 PM »

I think the "P" word should be PLAN because that's what we need to start doing. Accept we're not good enough to go up this season. even if we did manage it on a fantasy final run in, would we really have the players, management and funds in place to give a decent enough account of ourselves in the BSP ? I think we need to lay down the blueprint for the future of the club - I haven't got the answers on how but that's surely what we should be doing IMO

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 11:54:37 PM »

I think the "P" word should be PLAN because that's what we need to start doing. Accept we're not good enough to go up this season. even if we did manage it on a fantasy final run in, would we really have the players, management and funds in place to give a decent enough account of ourselves in the BSP ? I think we need to lay down the blueprint for the future of the club - I haven't got the answers on how but that's surely what we should be doing IMO

the answer is financial investment

York Alty

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 12:40:47 AM »

Not just that though.  No point having the old fashioned, often criticised on here, sugar daddy approach.  The finances have to be sustainable over a period of time, and for me that is ten years. Others may say five, or three or whatever but the principle remains the same.  Where does money come from? A nice juicy FA Cup run, including playing up the road.  Worked for Burton and Torquay so it'd work for us.  Trouble is we can't control that outcome.  There should be a plan that includes finance, alternative streams of revenue, ground facilities, what we do should we discover a cracking young player, how many contracts we can afford, how long for etc. Ground improvements, getting young fans down to Moss Lane, played development - all that and no doubt more.  Anytthing that we can control needs to be considered.

I have faith in Lee Sinnots abilities to get us promoted, but after that what do we do as a club, not just as a team of eleven?  This isn't a criticism as we've got a board who more than pull their weight.

RocketDan

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 01:20:18 AM »

which P word?

playoffs or promotion?

I still fancy us to finish 5th, only to be bummed in the gob by Guiseley in the playoffs.

Robin Reliant

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 04:53:53 PM »

Must say I completely agree with the post from York Alty

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 09:21:51 PM »

PUMPKIN PIE
thats 2 ps ;D
Harold

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 09:32:08 PM »

Very sensible and level headed post, that's exactly how things are right now.

Not just that though.  No point having the old fashioned, often criticised on here, sugar daddy approach.  The finances have to be sustainable over a period of time, and for me that is ten years. Others may say five, or three or whatever but the principle remains the same.  Where does money come from? A nice juicy FA Cup run, including playing up the road.  Worked for Burton and Torquay so it'd work for us.  Trouble is we can't control that outcome.  There should be a plan that includes finance, alternative streams of revenue, ground facilities, what we do should we discover a cracking young player, how many contracts we can afford, how long for etc. Ground improvements, getting young fans down to Moss Lane, played development - all that and no doubt more.  Anytthing that we can control needs to be considered.

I have faith in Lee Sinnots abilities to get us promoted, but after that what do we do as a club, not just as a team of eleven?  This isn't a criticism as we've got a board who more than pull their weight.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

flaggerstu2

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 08:25:55 AM »

Lot of sense by York Alty,

Why not get a group together folks, and do a bit of sponsering, sometimes it doesnt cost much. For instance one of our lads has got us sponsering a barrel at the beer festival cost £5 each for 10 people, little acorns and all that 10 groups £500 would pay for say a good joiner or plumber or some paint for the closed season

York Alty

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, 11:34:00 PM »

Lot of sense by York Alty,

Why not get a group together folks, and do a bit of sponsering, sometimes it doesnt cost much. For instance one of our lads has got us sponsering a barrel at the beer festival cost £5 each for 10 people, little acorns and all that 10 groups £500 would pay for say a good joiner or plumber or some paint for the closed season

Always demands on cash, but yes I'd chip in a few quid to plant an acorn or two.  I have no time to run or administer anything though. 
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 THE "P" WORD........