News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I'm back (bet you didn't miss me!)

Author Topic: I'm back (bet you didn't miss me!)  (Read 1843 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: February 05, 2012, 08:12:28 PM »

Computer blew up (literally) but now we're back on line down here at Saughall Towers!

Just wanted to share that with you  :D :D :D :D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: I'm back (bet you didn't miss me!)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 09:01:55 PM »

Computer blew up (literally) but now we're back on line down here at Saughall Towers!

Welcome back - Can we all safely assume that there wasnt any radiation leaks or imminent ash cloud for us to worry about  ;) :D

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 07:48:26 AM »

Welcome back - Can we all safely assume that there wasnt any radiation leaks or imminent ash cloud for us to worry about  ;) :D

No! It was more to do with our 'Clockwork' computer finally giving up the ghost.
From the perspective of a 61 year old, we've not seemed to have had it THAT long but, thinking about it, we've seen three abortive - and one actual - relegation(s) ( ... and three different incarnations of V*cs!)

It's only seen the odd FA Cup victory though! ::)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 11:59:27 AM »

No! It was more to do with our 'Clockwork' computer finally giving up the ghost.
From the perspective of a 61 year old, we've not seemed to have had it THAT long but, thinking about it, we've seen three abortive - and one actual - relegation(s) ( ... and three different incarnations of V*cs!)

It's only seen the odd FA Cup victory though! ::)
It's probably keeled over at the prospect of yet ANOTHER incarnation of Vics  ::)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team