PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 times when being an Alty fan wasn't such a good idea
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: times when being an Alty fan wasn't such a good idea  (Read 11056 times)

York Alty

Re: times when being an Alty fan wasn't such a good idea
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 05:58:39 PM »

Boston is a god awful, back end of nowhere place.  It's the sort of place one-eyed, knuckle draggers come from.  It ain't all their fault they're T**ts.

thegazelle

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2012, 07:12:40 PM »

too many to mention
add scarborough at home to the semi final terror fixtures.
Wycombe got hit on the head by a cider bottle thank god it didnt break. My punk mate Ozzie was arrested for his "own safety" celebrated with three yups and asked a copper to show us to the coach i was wearing an alty shirt. on coach massive relief and then we had to go to the police station to get the ones who were arrested for their own safety.
Runcorn me and phil hall "hid" in their end and when bailey scored we looked at each other and said feck it and went mental . we never got touched . they probably thought we were crazy.
Mossley after they won the league cup i was holding on to the emergency door on the coach as their idiots tried to board the coach.
everton went on the kiddies coach which they moved and we wandered round stanley park looking for it being spradically attacked and bottles thrown at by angry scousers.ontact with their hooligans
kettering league cup final avoided all contact with their hooligans including scaling the stand and falling into the directors box whilst being persued off the pitch . only to get T**tted by a bird in the pub in a non football related incident.
Wigan away on a couple of dark nights late 70's fixtures
there was something about being sh*t scared that made the football even more exciting. not that i advocate a return to those days.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2012, 07:34:45 PM »

there was something about being sh*t scared that made the football even more exciting. not that i advocate a return to those days.

I know what you mean.  After the England/Germany game at the old Wembley where Keegan resigned, we got the Euston to Manchester train up north.  Went to sit in our seats but thought better of it when a load of Burnley meatheads were sitting in them so we stood up pretending to look like tourists.  It soon became apparent that some Blackburn fans were in the next carriage, so the ticking timebomb began. We got to Milton Keynes before it kicked off major style, really nasty stuff and the four of us legged it to lock ourselves in the bogs. I didnt realise how much Burnley/Blackburn hated each other upto then.   ??? 

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2012, 07:36:35 PM »

Getting mugged after a 3-1 win away at Stafford at the start of the 80-81 season... 3 of us got in our car and 5 Stafford blokes surrounded it, rocked it, spat on it, forced the doors open and kicked us repeatedly then stole my mate's right shoe! Happy days!  :o

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2012, 07:40:59 PM »

Getting mugged after a 3-1 win away at Stafford at the start of the 80-81 season... 3 of us got in our car and 5 Stafford blokes surrounded it, rocked it, spat on it, forced the doors open and kicked us repeatedly then stole my mate's right shoe! Happy days! 

Sounds heavy stuff that.  Once went with some Stockport lads to watch them play Stoke at the Victoria ground.  I needed new undies after the walk from the station to the ground  ;)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2012, 08:07:13 PM »

FC United home for a friendly, lad infront of me got a punch in the face
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2012, 08:11:41 PM »

probably pissed off with the Bury rent

RocketDan

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2012, 08:30:47 PM »

walking through Newcastle with a red and white striped scarf after Gateshead away last season wasn't the best idea i'd ever had.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2012, 08:32:10 PM »

Gazelle is right as ever. To be honest the years 76 - 82ish it was every other week in some godforsaken hole

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2012, 09:17:25 PM »

On the way back from Wembley on the train in 78 I recall bricking it when we stopped in Crewe (I think) station and several carriages full of angry rabid Chelsea fans pulled up alongside us on their way back from a 6-0 tonking at Everton that afternoon. I remember all us moving to the other side of the carriage for safety

Railway Alty

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2012, 11:37:27 AM »

On the way back from Wembley on the train in 78 I recall bricking it when we stopped in Crewe (I think) station and several carriages full of angry rabid Chelsea fans pulled up alongside us on their way back from a 6-0 tonking at Everton that afternoon. I remember all us moving to the other side of the carriage for safety
Ah yes, the famous specials to Wembley in 78, nearly missed it on the way back after Si Kelly decided to snog a Met WPC and nearly got arrested, then calling in at every offy on the way back to Wembley Central trying to get beer and ended up with about 6 bottles of Pomagne, which were part consumed before some other Met plod confiscated the rest "for our own Safety". The Chelsea fans on the train opposite thought we were United fans because of the red and white scarfs, oh happy days.
As for Wigan at Springfield Park well new undercrackers were needed after every visit :o

thegazelle

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2012, 06:48:03 PM »

si kelly trying to snog some one cannot believe it. go on give us a clue railway alty it will be a blast from the past no doubt but glad to see you are one of the few from those days who still has the faith!!!!!! .
from fat bloke who lived 3 doors away from monsieur kelly's residence at that stage, not seen him for fifteen  years believe he made good!!!

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2012, 12:30:09 AM »

The Frickley game was tense but I don't remember feeling threatened, some of the locals were up for a scrap but they weren't too bothered if it was us, the police or whatever.

I believe one of the coaches was bricked the one we were on was partially invaded and the driver got headbutted for his troubles.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2012, 04:12:13 PM »

...and of course the Hudddersfield game in the 82-83 season mentioned here:

http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=11227.msg123572#msg123572

I have a vague recollection of some strava at an FA Trophy match away at Winsford in 81 I think. I recall leaving rather sharpish after our 2-0 (?) victory at any rate....or did I just imagine all of that?
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2012, 07:03:18 PM »

For some reason Burton away always sticks in my head, at their old ground when the coach got attacked ? Close to 'kicking off' would have to bizarrely be Redditch, just remember some lads and then one standing reet next to us slowly putting his gloves on and all drinking cans :)

Far too many good times though. From Skipper at Nuneaton  to  Nasha flying over walls at Frickley .... If I ever wrote a book about Alty that would be the title :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 times when being an Alty fan wasn't such a good idea