+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Corby

Author Topic: Corby  (Read 5012 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Corby
« on: January 17, 2012, 11:21:37 PM »

Rumours of financial difficulties and lots of players being "let go" including target man matt rhead who's based not far from here, maybe worth a look if we are in the market for a striker in the near future.Also good news from a top 5 perspective

York Alty

Re: Corby
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 11:27:53 PM »

This is turning into a damn grim week for non-league if the Corby rumours are right.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 11:49:03 PM »

Hamilton

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 12:03:29 AM »

Looks like they will be hard pressed to stay near the play-off zone.

York Alty

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 12:11:41 AM »

I wonder if they can iron out their difficulties?

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 12:12:16 AM »

Maybe all the leagues are starting to move back to a situation where playing budget and level of home support are linked.......in the past the reason why the big clubs were big clubs was because they came from big cities and had big support. Their income and ability to pay good wages came from punters thro' the turnstiles.

The reason division four clubs were division four clubs was because they came from towns e.g Rochdale, Stockport with a lesser home support. The same applied all the way down the pyramid with a few notable exceptions i.e small cities with big clubs like Norwich and big towns with no proper club e.g Warrington or Wakefield......quirks of geography and competing sports so to speak.

Then came along the dreamers with money and the dodgy investors to take the little clubs up the pyramid. That's when we ended up with village hall teams from Cambridgeshire; clubs with more people in their boardroom than on their terraces, and Miners Welfare clubs in the BSP.......maybe the pebble is dropping and we are moving back to the former situation...............anyway apologies for the rant - it's late and I should know better than post after a night out in the market tavern
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 12:16:05 AM »

They seam to be in big trouble, I wonder who's trousered all the money

markecky

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 12:22:21 AM »

Bubbles bursting all over the place and its only going to get worse as the recession bites.

We shouldn't forget what a struggle it is to fund our football club each day and keep it in line so that hopefully we don't ever have to go down ridgeway road again.

York Alty

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 12:29:48 AM »

Whoever it is will have to show some financial flare and keep their mouths zipped .

Hamilton

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 12:51:14 AM »

Whoever it is will have to show some financial flare and keep their mouths zipped .

I suspect they'll survive - even if by the seat of their pants!

Longman

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 11:12:47 AM »

Maybe all the leagues are starting to move back to a situation where playing budget and level of home support are linked.......in the past the reason why the big clubs were big clubs was because they came from big cities and had big support. Their income and ability to pay good wages came from punters thro' the turnstiles.

The reason division four clubs were division four clubs was because they came from towns e.g Rochdale, Stockport with a lesser home support. The same applied all the way down the pyramid with a few notable exceptions i.e small cities with big clubs like Norwich and big towns with no proper club e.g Warrington or Wakefield......quirks of geography and competing sports so to speak.

Then came along the dreamers with money and the dodgy investors to take the little clubs up the pyramid. That's when we ended up with village hall teams from Cambridgeshire; clubs with more people in their boardroom than on their terraces, and Miners Welfare clubs in the BSP.......maybe the pebble is dropping and we are moving back to the former situation...............anyway apologies for the rant - it's late and I should know better than post after a night out in the market tavern

Great post is that.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 12:32:04 PM »

i always feel sad for the fans and players of clubs that get into a mess like this.lets hope its not another Northwich or darlington  in the making
Harold

Jenga

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 12:57:12 PM »

I am sure they will engineer their way out of trouble.

Hulme Robin

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 10:18:38 PM »

I'm sure this is just a pocket of bad luck.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Corby