PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hinckley United Tuesday Feb 21st
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Hinckley United Tuesday Feb 21st  (Read 8637 times)

dagster

Re: Hinckley United Tuesday Feb 21st
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 10:15:39 PM »

Having a couple of drinks and beers in a bar with completely strangers before a Conference match somehow sounds nice ;)
Thanks again for even more information.

Entering the Alty TV now, so you can add another Norwegian to that impressive list of yours!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 10:34:23 PM »

In the meantime, you can familiarise yourself with the players by watching Alty TV at:

http://www.youtube.com/user/AltrinchamFCVideos?feature=guide

By the way, Alty Tv has been viewed 31 times in Norway!

That will be by EV who owns a bar called NELLIE in Harmer, he's an exile

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 11:03:49 PM »

We welcomed a Norwegian as a guest at Saturday's game against Colwyn Bay.............he met quite a few Alty fans......his name is Morten Bredal-Thorsen & he is goalkeeper who plays for Tromsdalen, who have just won the Norwegian League Second Division & will be playing in Division One from April.....that is the equivalent of the Championship here.

Morten is currently on trial at Stockport County.

Also, I sent an Alty shirt to a Brann Bergen fan in the summer after going to Norway on holiday....seeing two games (Sogndal 0 Fredrikstad 1 & Brann Bergen 2 ODD Grenland 0).At the second game this chap, Jan Morten Igland gave me his Brann Bergen shirt, which he was wearing for only the second time, if I promised to send him an Alty shirt......what a guy!

We're on a bit of an arctic roll here!

Hamilton

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 11:13:25 PM »

We welcomed a Norwegian as a guest at Saturday's game against Colwyn Bay.............he met quite a few Alty fans......his name is Morten Bredal-Thorsen & he is goalkeeper who plays for Tromsdalen, who have just won the Norwegian League Second Division & will be playing in Division One from April.....that is the equivalent of the Championship here.

Also, I sent an Alty shirt to a Brann Bergen fan in the summer after going to Norway on holiday....seeing two games (Sogndal 0 Fredrikstad 1 & Brann Bergen 2 ODD Grenland 0).At the second game this chap, Jan Morten Igland gave me his Brann Bergen shirt, which he was wearing for only the second time, if I promised to send him an Alty shirt......what a guy!

I get 'em from Iceland!

Derek Stubbs

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • thesatmanfootballtv.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 11:46:13 PM »

We also have Viasat tv in the bar & that night is a Champions League night so there could also be football in the bar aswell as on the pitch outside.

Enjoy your trip.

Having a couple of drinks and beers in a bar with completely strangers before a Conference match somehow sounds nice ;)
Thanks again for even more information.

Entering the Alty TV now, so you can add another Norwegian to that impressive list of yours!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2012, 08:59:19 AM »

Maybe we should get Dawn to order a few for the Snack Bar in case he fancies one with his Pie  :D

Robin Reliant

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2012, 10:37:54 AM »

After all the doom and gloom around lately, this great thread is like a breath of fresh air....

As an Alty Exile I look forward to a mention of the Norwegian contingent of the robins on Radio Robins on the 21st.

Maybe an interview at half time, Brian?

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2012, 11:42:35 PM »

After all the doom and gloom around lately, this great thread is like a breath of fresh air....

As an Alty Exile I look forward to a mention of the Norwegian contingent of the robins on Radio Robins on the 21st.

Maybe an interview at half time, Brian?

Jolly good idea....I will send a Personal Message to Dagster.

dagster

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2012, 02:33:32 PM »

Really? That's interesting. Do you know how he got the trial opportunity?

Being a Rosenborg supporter myself, Brann is actually the one team in Norway I can't stand ;) Their supporters are very dedicated though!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2012, 02:43:31 PM »

Being a Rosenborg supporter myself, Brann is actually the one team in Norway I can't stand ;) Their supporters are very dedicated though!

Probably twinned with Northwich Vics  ;)

Robin Reliant

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2012, 04:57:34 PM »

Probably twinned with Northwich Vics  ;)

or Macc  ;D

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2012, 12:34:37 AM »

I believe that he wrote to a number of clubs in the North West, requesting a trial & attaching his playing C.V.

dagster

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2012, 02:28:40 PM »

Okay. Good luck to him then.

dagster

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2012, 06:51:34 PM »

I am very sorry to say that we will not be able to come to this match after all. My friend is a huge fan of Blackpool as well as Man United, and their home match against West Ham was, due to progress in the FA cup, re scheduled to precicely feb 21st. We will therefore pay Blackpool a visit this tuesday, instead of Moss Lane.

We are, again, very sorry, as we were really looking forward to come and visit Altrincham. At the same time I think Bloomfield Road should be a good replacement.

What I can assure you is that we will definitely follow and cheer for the Alty's through the web the next years. Hopefully we can finally make our visit sometime in the future :)

markecky

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2012, 07:35:21 PM »

Thanks for letting us know.

We can probably get our deposit back with the Aha tribute band we had booked as surprise so all is not lost.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hinckley United Tuesday Feb 21st