PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 LEE SINNOTT : HALF TERM REPORT
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: LEE SINNOTT : HALF TERM REPORT  (Read 13602 times)

VofD

« on: January 02, 2012, 10:27:47 AM »

Lee Sinnott vowed " to put a smile back on people's faces".

How has he done?

FA CUP : knocked out at first hurdle at home  to a team 2 leagues below.
FA TROPHY : knocked out at first hurdle away to a team 1 league below.
CSC : waste of time

LEAGUE :

P 21   W 9   D 5   L 7   F 48   A 35   PTS 32
32 points out of possible 63            7 points adrift of last play-off place ( game in hand)

VERDICT

Nowhere near good enough for a club of our standing,especially after yesterday's clueless performance at Droylsden where Alty fans outnumbered the home support.

At least TRY and come up with a plan B if plan A(if indeed you have a plan in the first place) does not appear to be working.

Ditch that ridiculous clipboard which every sub has to read for 5 minutes before entering the field of play.We are not in the Barclays Premier League ffs.

Try for more consistency with team performances and improve away form.

Has he " put a smile back on my face"?

Has he F***
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ONE AND ALL.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 10:33:25 AM by VofD »

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: LEE SINNOTT : HALF TERM REPORT
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 10:36:07 AM »

I AGREE, NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR OUR CLUB. ONLY ONE MAN I AM AFRAID AND THATS WHETHER PEOPLE LIKE IT OR NOT !!!!MR HEATHCOTE ALL THE WAY. WE SHOULD BE RIGHT AT THE TOP IN THIS sh*tE LEAGUE, ITS A POOR POOR STANDARD

david sneddon

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 10:45:48 AM »

yes bring heathcote back.He can work for free or give the 40 grand payoff back so we can buy some defenders.

VofD

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 10:47:17 AM »

I AGREE, NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR OUR CLUB. ONLY ONE MAN I AM AFRAID AND THATS WHETHER PEOPLE LIKE IT OR NOT !!!!MR HEATHCOTE ALL THE WAY. WE SHOULD BE RIGHT AT THE TOP IN THIS sh*tE LEAGUE, ITS A POOR POOR STANDARD

NEVER, NEVER,NEVER AGAIN
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 05:42:04 PM by VofD »

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 10:49:55 AM »

Rather stick with ls than bring bac gh

Jezza

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 10:55:32 AM »

I'm half of the mind it is still a work in progress....

Lee sems to be getting the best out of some players and it was unfortunate that Jones' legs seemed to go in between the friendlies and the season starting and was slow to react to this and we have suffered ever since.

Attack wise we look good with James Lawrie and Jack being good signings.

Centre midfield we look lightwieght and Lawton and danlyk need replacing quickly.

He needs to find a centre back pairing that works.

Lots of work to do in particular to finding an away system that works.....would anyone else have started twiss to hold and keep the ball away at droylsden? Lee seems to stick with his plan A and needs to find that plan B quickly.

Lee still has for me until the end of the school year to show progress in the areas that need work.....if so then we can maybe look forward to the play offs and forget about the absolutly dismal cup performances this season.

I agree that it is a poor standard and it is very frustrating that we are so close (7 points one game in hand) to where we could and should realistically expect to be.....

I think under the 'cote we would be in a similar position having drawn a lot of games we have lost but only having won games 1-0 that we have romped home in under Lee........I wonder if Mr Needham was around for the season we just finsihed to qualify for conf N under the 'cote when the opposition was similarly sh*te??...or if he can remember us going 1 up front against bottom of the table vauxhall motors and lost??

Summary : Shows promise but Could do better and needs to stop playing truant when we have a cup exam.

Jezza

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 10:57:17 AM »

NEVER, NEVER,NEVER AGAIN

Wry smile at that cult  ;D

bumble

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 11:31:45 AM »

Let's look at the team.....

GK
Coburn - BSP
Reid - decent enough back up

Defenders
Dodds - league player (on loan tho)
M. Flynn - where was he yesterday? - BSN
A. Flynn - plays the same long ball each time - Midtable BSN
Lees - playoff BSN
Hawes - Poor yesterday - BSN
Midfield
Lynch - solid BSN player - had a decent game yesterday
Lawrie - BSP
Clee - on his good day BSP
Richman - lower north at best/ top of evo
Summerskill - evo
Densmore - BSP
Thomson? - BSP +

Strikers
Twiss - lower BSP
Redshaw - league
Reeves - BSP/league

We're great going forward and taking our chances (most of fhe time)
so Lees doing something right

Defensively I hope to see us make some changes and find a partnership and stick with it

I believe Hawes, Dodds and flynns loans are up too

markecky

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 11:45:36 AM »

It's like groundhog day.  

Good result...silence.

Bad result..bring Heathcote back.

Whether you like Lee Sinnot or not Graham Heathcote is the reason we're in this damn league.

His results in the first nine games made it a too much of a mountain to climb and his payoff meant we couldnt make many changes.  

If you want to sack Sinnott for not bringing instant success then I am pretty sure there are other managers available without the baggage and politics.

Sorry of this upsets anyone still wearing the 2005 playoff red and white tinted glasses...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 11:48:21 AM by markecky »

bumble

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 11:51:21 AM »

Question....

What would you do if Heathcote didn't get us promoted? 

joe

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 11:57:56 AM »

It's like groundhog day.   

Good result...silence.

Bad result..bring Heathcote back.

Whether you like Lee Sinnot or not Graham Heathcote is the reason we're in this damn league.

His results in the first nine games made it a too much of a mountain to climb and his payoff meant we couldnt make many changes. 

If you want to sack Sinnott for not bringing instant success then I am pretty sure there are other managers available without the baggage and politics.

Sorry of this upsets anyone still wearing the 2005 playoff red and white tinted glasses...

Spot on Ecky

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 11:58:44 AM »

I think part of the problem with expectations is down to our recent league situations.

In 04-05 we had a good charge to the play-offs with regular good results and some sort of positive form.

Since then (prior to this season) we knew exactly what to expect, a few good home wins, some well earned away points and some right hammerings.

We are not used to being a mid table outfit, there are many many teams and supporters who have years and years of what we are experiencing.

Gainsborough "12th place" Trinity, Rochdale "are winning" 4th Div forever (bar recently..) FC
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Thomas H

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 12:06:48 PM »

When is the next crisis meeting? Must be beckoning given this report!

On yesterday’s performance - We were ok for a period in the 1st half where we looked as though we could score, maybe in a 10 / 15 min spell.
Long balls from Flynn? Mazy runs from Clee, Laurie & Redshaw which all came to nothing? good saves from Stewart which kept score down.
Other than that we looked very weak against a much more "up for it" (you just beat us 5-1) and  a more physical team.

Plan A? Plan B? Who cares!  We just need more points from any plan at the moment and this mid term report is pretty damning!
Just a point to consider! The manager at Hyde came in his job round about the same time as Mr Sinnot & from a lower league does it show he knows this league better?
or did we just get the wrong one?
Time will tell! Maybe?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2012, 12:10:05 PM »

For me the reason we are in this leauge is because at this time its our level

We hung on in the BSP by the skin of our teeth on more than one occasion due to lack of budget

Look at the ground its sad to see no one is interested in putting money into the club that they have no interest in wanting back

I still cant get my head around why we are so poor away vs home its the same team!

When the players we had who were in all honesty better than our level dictated ie little senior etc left or moved on the writing was on the wall for us to be in this leauge
ParkINson's red and white army

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2012, 12:15:13 PM »

On another point how many did we take yesterday was there an official figure or not?
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team