PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 LEE SINNOTT : HALF TERM REPORT
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: LEE SINNOTT : HALF TERM REPORT  (Read 13675 times)

John Crewe

Re: LEE SINNOTT : HALF TERM REPORT
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2012, 06:07:51 PM »

Let's look at the team.....

GK
Coburn - BSP
Reid - decent enough back up - not proven

Defenders
Dodds - league player (on loan tho) - not a defender!
M. Flynn - where was he yesterday? - BSN
A. Flynn - plays the same long ball each time - Midtable BSN - fat
Lees - playoff BSN - poor BSN
Hawes - Poor yesterday - BSN - worse than Jones and Williams
Midfield
Lynch - solid BSN player - had a decent game yesterday - poor BSN
Lawrie - BSP - not consistent enough
Clee - on his good day BSP
Richman - lower north at best/ top of evo - who?
Summerskill - evo - no comment!
Densmore - BSP - not anymore!
Thomson? - BSP +

Strikers
Twiss - lower BSP - lower BSN
Redshaw - league - early promise fading
Reeves - BSP/league - where would we be without his goals?

We're great going forward and taking our chances (most of fhe time)
so Lees doing something right

Defensively I hope to see us make some changes and find a partnership and stick with it

I believe Hawes, Dodds and flynns loans are up too
this work in progress? we seem to be going backwards and quickly to me?

bumble

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2012, 06:26:03 PM »

Reid is a decent stop stopper and will no doubt be saving us £200 quid a week  - he's not had chance to prove himself...

Dodds is a defender and midfielder... Same as many other players
I love how I've picked holes in Flynn and you had add "fat"
Hawe -  you'r comment about jones...haha I guess you weren't at away games earlier on this season

Lynch had some fight about him yesterday and looked like the kind of Connors/keane-style player you'd want in a team
Lawrie isn't constant enough but if he was he'd be playing league 1
I noticed you've not taken issue with clee for the same thing?

Redshaw quickly fading?? He's a young lad with great potential... He wasn't the best on Sunday but nobody stood out

« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 06:27:42 PM by Fatdog »

markecky

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2012, 06:30:52 PM »

Let's look at the team.....

GK
Coburn - BSP
Reid - decent enough back up - not proven

Defenders
Dodds - league player (on loan tho) - not a defender!
M. Flynn - where was he yesterday? - BSN
A. Flynn - plays the same long ball each time - Midtable BSN - fat
Lees - playoff BSN - poor BSN
Hawes - Poor yesterday - BSN - worse than Jones and Williams
Midfield
Lynch - solid BSN player - had a decent game yesterday - poor BSN
Lawrie - BSP - not consistent enough
Clee - on his good day BSP
Richman - lower north at best/ top of evo - who?
Summerskill - evo - no comment!
Densmore - BSP - not anymore!
Thomson? - BSP +

Strikers
Twiss - lower BSP - lower BSN
Redshaw - league - early promise fading
Reeves - BSP/league - where would we be without his goals?

We're great going forward and taking our chances (most of fhe time)
so Lees doing something right

Defensively I hope to see us make some changes and find a partnership and stick with it

I believe Hawes, Dodds and flynns loans are up too
this work in progress? we seem to be going backwards and quickly to me?

On your assessemts it's a wonder we actually manage to not lose every game 10-0.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2012, 07:12:25 PM »

I'm half of the mind it is still a work in progress....

Lee sems to be getting the best out of some players and it was unfortunate that Jones' legs seemed to go in between the friendlies and the season starting and was slow to react to this and we have suffered ever since.

Attack wise we look good with James Lawrie and Jack being good signings.

Centre midfield we look lightwieght and Lawton and danlyk need replacing quickly.

He needs to find a centre back pairing that works.

Lots of work to do in particular to finding an away system that works.....would anyone else have started twiss to hold and keep the ball away at droylsden? Lee seems to stick with his plan A and needs to find that plan B quickly.

Lee still has for me until the end of the school year to show progress in the areas that need work.....if so then we can maybe look forward to the play offs and forget about the absolutly dismal cup performances this season.

I agree that it is a poor standard and it is very frustrating that we are so close (7 points one game in hand) to where we could and should realistically expect to be.....

I think under the 'cote we would be in a similar position having drawn a lot of games we have lost but only having won games 1-0 that we have romped home in under Lee........I wonder if Mr Needham was around for the season we just finsihed to qualify for conf N under the 'cote when the opposition was similarly sh*te??...or if he can remember us going 1 up front against bottom of the table vauxhall motors and lost??

Summary : Shows promise but Could do better and needs to stop playing truant when we have a cup exam.
Shows promise? Tactically unaware more like

You had a downer on Lee Sinnott before we'd even played a friendly game (because he had the audacity to go on holiday!), so no doubt you are rubbing your hands with glee every time we drop points. You make me sick with your constant negativity!!
Come on Alty!

York Alty

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2012, 07:16:32 PM »

As per my expectations, and therefore on course for a pop at the title next season.

taxi Phil

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2012, 07:26:42 PM »

Lee hasn't put a smile on MY face as often as I'd hoped. And I haven't seen one on HIS face either !

Plan A is great when it works, but it's useless on pitches like the one we encountered yesterday (Workington on Saturday week FFS  :()

Didn't expect much this season because of financial restraints, but I'm beginning to worry that the infrastructure isn't in place for next term yet, and half the season has gone. We really do need a set of hard physical defenders before August comes round. We don't impose ourselves on the opposition sufficiently in that area - or indeed immediately in front of it.

LEE HAS HAD SOME GOOD IDEAS, BUT TOO OFTEN FAILS TO DO THE SPADEWORK TO ENSURE THAT THEY ARE EFFECTIVE. CAN DO BETTER WITH TIME AND PATIENCE. ANOTHER YEAR IN THIS STREAM MAY BE NECESSARY FOR HIM TO ACHIEVE THE REQUIRED PASS LEVEL.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2012, 07:31:21 PM »

I sit back and read comments and DO NOT REPLY cos I feel I have not right to because I can not get to games anymore (people on here know my reasons) but I can not sit back and read the crap about bringing back ex managers.

This DOES NOT help anyone at all. If you are privileged enough to be able to get to games then SUPPORT THE CLUB AND MANAGER. Take two steps forward and not two steps back.

As I have said I always feel I can not comment but I have watched the Graham Heathcote years, and yes I have cheered but also I have been less than impressed also... Time to move on and FORWARDS. I am not going to get into the politics of it all but have a think why the money has not been their to spend ? Mr Altrincham in more ways than one !!!!

If you think we can walk this league then you are mistaken, I have been to watch Daventry Town today, my first football match in AGES and watching a club with less than 120 fans at home, and £9 to get in makes me appreciate even more Altrincham FC and where we are.

Jenga

« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2012, 10:14:50 PM »

FFS everyone, you were all smiles on Boxing Day, you lot on this forum are like bloody in Jack in Boxes.

Your posts are as inconsistent as the team at the moment!!!

Happy face, sad face, happy face, sad face!!!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2012, 10:33:30 PM »

FFS everyone, you were all smiles on Boxing Day, you lot on this forum are like bloody in Jack in Boxes.

Your posts are as inconsistent as the team at the moment!!!

Happy face, sad face, happy face, sad face!!!
here here some people on here would be better watching netball than football
ParkINson's red and white army

DAB @ ALTY

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2012, 09:09:00 AM »

I would like to wish Lee Sinnott all the best for the New Year and ffs just let him get on with the job of rebuilding and making the club a successful one again.To do that ,patience is the essence,I just hope that Lee's doesn't run out if he reads some of the comments on here,especially those relating to a previous manager.

Bruno

« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2012, 10:27:48 AM »

We are good going forward no doubt and Lee has done a good job in that area but woefully the opposite in defense. We need to take a leaf out of the book of other teams, "Stoke 6 at the back", Sunderland against MU this week. It needs to be all hands to the ship when defending, titles are won by not conceding goals and all players need to play their partb in defending, not sure why this does not happen at Alty? We must really question Lees ability to manage a team able to defend, he has tried a number of players this year, does he have the knowledge?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2012, 01:10:16 PM »

As per my expectations, and therefore on course for a pop at the title next season.

What a load of bollocks, and i say that with respect, how an earth are we on course for a pop at the title next season? And please don't just say Lee's got a 2 year plan and this would always be a rebuildng season. There's been little evidence of that so far.

As for how people can be sucked in for that when we can only offer one year contracts if that at the best of times incidentally.

I don't see enough progress bar maybe Redshaw and Lawrie are 2 decent ish young players. Everywhere else we seem to be the same or going backwards, certainly we seem to have little heart when the going gets tough.

Negatives : allowing all last season's squad the chance to stay (bar Dootson, Beesley and Denham) is the major black mark, they shouldn't have been given the dignity of a choice, the seeming lack of any real connections signings wise which bar Lawrie and Redshaw have been very poor, the lack of a plan B or any heart in the side, the lack of any real status in north west non league football and to a lesser extent at the club.

Positives : Slowly clearing out some of last seasons' shower, some nice football at times, getting the best out of Reevesy.

My mark : Jury is still out for me, but at least it's still out. In all honesty though I cannot at this moment in time imagime Lee Sinnottt and Neil Tolson stood in the dug out managing Altrincham FC in a BSP fixture.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2012, 01:31:00 PM »

Spot on Ballers

markecky

« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2012, 02:27:56 PM »

I think Sinnot cops a lot of flack for the failure of players to perform.

People talk about niave tactics or no plan B.

I wouldn't mind betting that Plan A on New Years Day wasn't "Hawes'...if you could do a two footer for the pen to give them a dream start, Stu if you could do a rare fumble for the second and then Flynny, second half son when we still have half a chance if you could perform a terrible overhead kick in the box to gift them another then thats great. If we get any chances can we over egg them or completely waste them."

Now people can't blame Twiss it' the manager who gets it.

It's like someone has to be at fault if a team has the audacity to beat us.

I agree with Ballers in that he placed to much faith in last seasons under acheivers.  However he hasn't been afraid to get rid of failures like Paul Jones or stand on ceremony with Lawton and Danlyk.

Eastbourne are currently 14th in the Conference South...it can take time to get over a relegation.

At home we're a delight to watch most of the time, stating the obvious but finding the answer to the away form is his biggest challenge so far.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2012, 02:35:38 PM »

I think Sinnot cops a lot of flack for the failure of players to perform.

People talk about niave tactics or no plan B.

I wouldn't mind betting that Plan A on New Years Day wasn't "Hawes'...if you could do a two footer for the pen to give them a dream start, Stu if you could do a rare fumble for the second and then Flynny, second half son when we still have half a chance if you could perform a terrible overhead kick in the box to gift them another then thats great. If we get any chances can we over egg them or completely waste them."

Agree here (that Hawes escapade will ahunt me for as long as I love Alty. i.e. forever) and if it had been Paul Jones who had done it you would have said he should've been replaced by now but Hawes has only been here a handful of games. I hope that he does better long term business (and long term has to be the key here now) in January at the least. Although I suspect it will more likely be a raft of loan signings of unrequired players in February after everybody else has sorted themselves out.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 02:47:30 PM by Ballers »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 LEE SINNOTT : HALF TERM REPORT