PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done Lee and neil
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Well done Lee and neil  (Read 7288 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Well done Lee and neil
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2011, 08:11:20 PM »

A very good result - Well done one and all

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2011, 08:42:29 PM »

Congratulations to Lee, Neil and the players for an excellent and very timely win.

brian1925

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2011, 09:28:52 PM »

Great win today lads, well done to all. Still a bit worried about the defence and Tuesday will be much tougher, but more hopeful now...

bighairedmike

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2011, 02:10:43 AM »

Yep. Credit to the management for taking action and getting a result.

Could do with the odd 1-0 or 2-0 win though. We clearly have players who can get goals, we just need to get a bit more solid at the back. Hopefully the loan players can help to bring that as they settle in.

Good for the team to get the result after letting them get back to 2-2. Shows good spirit.

I understand the general sentiment, but give me a 4-2 like today over a 1 nil every day of the week. It would even improve our goal difference...

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2011, 08:16:30 AM »

Well done boys, the following quote from a Halifax fan on another forum says it all,....

"Well played Alty, deserved your win today your pace upfront caused us no end of problems. Really pleased to see an honest team that played the game the right way for a change in this league. Good luck for the rest of the season maybe see you in the play offs ? Also some decent away support thanks"

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

bumble

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2011, 09:55:13 AM »

What a top game.... Everything seemed To come together

We took  our chances
Rode our luck at times (well Coburn made some fabulous saves + there was some great blocks)
And most importantly our heads stayed up at 2-2, and we carried on...

Defence looked strong in the second half - not perfect, but a vast improvement

Jack redshaws finish was amazing (tops nickys at Colwyn) and the way the lads celebrated the goals, it clearly meant a lot to them.

Densmore and Danylyk in the middle Today stuck to the middle a lot more which helped with the shape

New loan signings look decent - dodds waltzed through Halifax in his short spell on the pitch, new Flynn looked a decent tidy player (nearly scored) , and I'll reserve judgement on Hawes as he looked ok first half but much better in the 2nd half

MOM for Redshaw (he'd have had it with out that screamer) for the running he did - he is seriously a joy to watch - great find by Sinnott/Tolson

Let's kick on now, 4 massive games now, 2 home and 2 away, - droylsden who've drawn to Staylbridge but got battered by Colwyn, Blyth who are bottom but remember solihull moors, and Corby on Tuesday which will be tough (win and we're knocking on the play off draw)

Each one we can win, if the right effort is put in by the lads.
Let's end the year / start 2012 hopefully in the playoffs

Edit:- wouldn't mind having a play off final/semi there! That roof gave a top echo And had very nice chips
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 09:57:02 AM by Fatdog »

bumble

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2011, 11:10:21 AM »

Well done boys, the following quote from a Halifax fan on another forum says it all,....

"Well played Alty, deserved your win today your pace upfront caused us no end of problems. Really pleased to see an honest team that played the game the right way for a change in this league. Good luck for the rest of the season maybe see you in the play offs ? Also some decent away support thanks"

"The game I witnessed today was the most diabolical and cluless performance since the the new club formed in 2008...."

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2011, 11:16:06 AM »

Defended a lot better in second half , thought Adam Flynn had a stinker 1st half ,but he did well second half ,midfield lot more solid Danylyk chased the ball down well done , bring on Corby .

bighairedmike

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2011, 01:28:08 PM »

"The game I witnessed today was the most diabolical and cluless performance since the the new club formed in 2008...."

It seems like we're not the only club that have these type of people either...

"Give over! You have consistently proved you know f-all about the game. The reason people like you constantly find a scapegoat is to hide your limited knowledge of the game. I used to sit in the skircoat behind a bunch of old tossers who always had a scapegoat, one of whom was Wilder when he was playing for us. Not once did I hear any intelligent ideas on how to change anything(formation, substitutes, width etc..) just **** like "get him off", "rubbish Wilder", "pass forwards". In those days we were struggling to score goals but of course Wilder the defender was obviously to blame! Now it's Deans fault we are crap and that the defence are leaking goals like a collander."

bumble

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2011, 02:00:48 PM »

Anybody who wants a good chuckle on a Sunday....

"What the **** is it with teams coming to the Shay, winning the toss and making us shoot towards the South Stand in the first half? It's happening nearly every game at the minute and it smacks of non league bitterness from some of these teams."

"To me though it is a non league thing because they are clearly doing it to annoy us which stems from the chip on their shoulder that all these clubs have when they come to us because we're a big club to them. Notice fellow big clubs don't do this, Charlton didn't do it and I'm sure they won the toss from watching it back on the TV. Altrincham also showed no respect to their own supporters by kicking away from them in the second half which reinforces my above point about the non league attitude."

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2011, 02:39:50 PM »

Notice fellow big clubs don't do this, Charlton didn't do it and I'm sure they won the toss from watching it back on the TV.

For anyone who thinks that people on here can get a bit too big for their boots, no one has ever come close to this level of big headedness.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2011, 07:44:53 PM »

"To me though it is a non league thing because they are clearly doing it to annoy us which stems from the chip on their shoulder that all these clubs have when they come to us because we're a big club to them. Notice fellow big clubs don't do this, Charlton didn't do it and I'm sure they won the toss from watching it back on the TV. Altrincham also showed no respect to their own supporters by kicking away from them in the second half which reinforces my above point about the non league attitude."

That is the biggest load of absolute arse-gravy I've ever read!
Come on Alty!

whopper

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2011, 08:31:36 PM »

Anybody who wants a good chuckle on a Sunday....

"What the **** is it with teams coming to the Shay, winning the toss and making us shoot towards the South Stand in the first half? It's happening nearly every game at the minute and it smacks of non league bitterness from some of these teams."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA This is the old hat-stuck in the muck attitude i hate about non league fans, when the players walked on the pitch for this game do you think any of this was in their mind? that's how far away from reality fans can get

taxi Phil

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2011, 08:39:45 PM »

Obviously posted by the sort of gormless nincompoop who approaches you in the pub and says "you're sitting in my seat."

The Teasing Squad

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2011, 09:29:28 PM »

Agreed, we did what we had to, thought the new guys were good especially the right back Flynn, great news about Lawrie
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done Lee and neil