PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Two New Signings...
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Two New Signings...  (Read 7892 times)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Two New Signings...
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2011, 09:40:17 PM »

two flynns in defence, Does sinnott not think about the commentry, bloody rubbish
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2011, 09:53:02 PM »

two flynns in defence, Does sinnott not think about the commentry, bloody rubbish

"The Holey Flynnity"

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 10:01:20 PM »

Will all 3 new players start on saturday, If so who keeps there place in the team from last weekend?

Mark Lees at centre back?

Definitely

He must've improved by roughly 10000000% from the game against Stockport we commentated on then...

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2011, 10:03:14 PM »

That's a point, though to be fair I was too busy messing about with my phone to actually watch the game.

Seriously though, what I meant was, he is the only of our current back 4 I would keep in. I don't know if the new Flynn can play centre back. Otherwise we've got to choose between old Flynn, Williams or Lees. Oh god. Maybe I'd still pick Lees.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2011, 10:24:23 PM »

I like Lees as a left back, links up well with Clee. I should imagine that Matty Flynn will be right back, Hawes will come in at centre half and you'd assume Adam Flynn will partner him on account of not being a loanee (Lees or Dodd at left back).

We could conceivably have a back 4 of loanees and Lawrie as well on Saturday. I would go for

Coburn

MFlynn Hawes AFlynn Lees

Lawrie Densmore Danylyk Clee (If Lawrie unavailable out Densmore there and replace him in the centre with Lynch..but he's injured so straight swap with Richman it is)

Twiss Reeves

Subs Reid William Richman Watmore Redshaw Brown
------
Now that Lee Sinnott's gone and spoilt everyone's fun by getting defensive replacements in  ;D I'd say my main worry is the centre of midfield. Again, not seen as many ganes as others but we do seem weak in there, Lynch is too slow to be effective. I'd love Steve Connors there but in the mean time we need a physical presence, I reckon Densmore is better served at right mid. I wonder if any of those Stockport centre mids who were good fancy a spell, Holden, Sheridan, the other one...

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2011, 10:37:14 PM »

Welcome to the club chaps i hope you enjoy your stay here
ParkINson's red and white army

bumble

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2011, 07:49:09 AM »

Everybody is fit and we have Lawrie for one more game....

brian1925

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2011, 07:58:54 AM »

Coburn, Flynn, Dodd, Flynn, Hawes, Lynch, Danylyk, Densmore, Redshaw, Clee, Reeves Subs- Lawrie, Lees, please Stevie Connors, Reid, youth player

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2011, 09:37:07 AM »

Makes commentating a lot easier. It means there's a 2 in 11 chance I'll be right for once !

Bring back Paul Burton that's all I'll say  ;)   ;)  ;)

Looking forward to Saturday and seeing how they all fare and to sitting with the legend that is George Heslop as our summariser.

Don't forget to tune into Radio Robins if you are not there

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2011, 10:56:30 AM »

Welcome to the new players.
will have to use the text on Saturday,i am in work and the free connection has been encripted after about 5 years, :'( :'(
Harold

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2011, 11:42:45 AM »

Coburn, Flynn, Dodd, Flynn, Hawes, Lynch, Danylyk, Densmore, Redshaw, Clee, Reeves Subs- Lawrie, Lees, Williams, Brown, Richman, Reid, Watmore.

Ok it contains 5 loan players but this is what the squad should have been, at least numbers wise, all season imo.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2011, 01:25:15 PM »

Welcome to the new players.
will have to use the text on Saturday,i am in work and the free connection has been encripted after about 5 years, :'( :'(

Unfortunately, I'm also working, but may get back in time to catch last 15 minutes (I hope).
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

SammyH8

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2011, 01:32:01 PM »

Good luck to both, certain they'll be better than the dross we currently have at the back, all three newbies should go straight in, with Lees in the middle or right being the one keeping his place.

Dropping Twiss completely is surely a bit harsh, if your starting A Flynn id have Twiss on the pitch to try and compete with his constant hoof.  I'd also start Lawrie on the right anyday. Most inventive player we've got .

York Alty

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2011, 03:45:41 PM »

welcome welcome welcome.  6 foot 3 defenders - get in...  lets have a vastly improved show tomorrow Alty.  COME ON

taxi Phil

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2011, 09:38:35 PM »

I notice with great pleasure that Hawes scored 6 goals in this league for Eastwood Town last season. Hopefully he'll not only shore up our defence, but turn out to be a set-piece monster too.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Two New Signings...