PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Harrogate to follow Stalybridge's model
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Harrogate to follow Stalybridge's model  (Read 5383 times)

Dynamo Joe

Re: Harrogate to follow Stalybridge's model
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2011, 09:07:42 PM »

The first thing that sticks out is they're levelling the pitch!!

I suppose the point is that these things do take the help of a loyal (?) benefactor. Bridgechad might correct me but their chairman Rob Gorski was Monaco based, so does have funds available to him. So while we're saying both these clubs are smaller crowd wise than us you do actually need financial support as well. I believe we should be actively seeking such support and investmment of course.

And before anybody says yeah but what if they get hit by a bus and we're left with no money that's not a valid argument, the odds on it happening are slim.

it depends on who you listen too i guess.  I believe Gorski worked for a company that meant he spent a lot of his time in monaco.  He said that it didn't mean he had buckets of money to throw at the team which i believed, but others in the conf north took as bull.  He also said we did it with a lower budget than the previous seasons part time squad (and Steve Burr on a full time contract).  I dont know figures, we might have had one of the biggest budgets in the league with burr, and our wage bill is still pretty competitive with the top teams or might have been mid table wage wise.  But until someone know how much everyone pays none of us can say how much and how it compares.

also our crowds are (slowly) creeping up now with last three games all over 600 (didnt have one above before then i think) and with boston, hyde and droyslden in the coming weeks at home i would think we would stay above 600 and hopefully another 1000+ crowd against hyde to go with the one against you.

At Companies House, Gorski is listed as an oil trader.

VofD

Re: Harrogate to follow Stalybridge's model
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2011, 10:50:24 PM »

.....so we are better off at the bottom of a higher league...
and if we were full time any loan players would train with us fulltime

Thanks for that Leon & roytonmike

always gonna be the case - even if we had more home fans this season, the sheer numbers brought by Luton ect.. mean its better to be in the wrong end of a higher division

Away supporters at Moss Lane:

So, instead of welcoming.....

Stockport County, we've got Droylsden;

Wrexham, we've got Colwyn Bay;

Cambridge United, we've got Histon;   

York City, we've got Harrogate Town;

Southport, we've got Vauxhall Motors;

Luton Town, we've got Bishop's Stortford.

I shudder to think how just how much the club's revenue has been reduced.

And therein lies the REAL COST of relegation.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Harrogate to follow Stalybridge's model