PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lawton leaves
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Lawton leaves  (Read 20634 times)

DavidP

Re: Lawton leaves
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2011, 10:10:00 PM »

Just want to say thank you Robbie you are a star

JT

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2011, 10:11:16 PM »

All the best Robbie. Your commitment has been exemplary and your final Captain's log showed a real touch of class.

brian1925

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2011, 10:13:55 PM »

Sorry you're leaving Robbie. Echo the sentiments of all those who wish you well. Thanks for all the memories mate.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2011, 10:15:32 PM »

Sorry to see him go , he had Altrincham f.c  in his blood , we will miss his leadership on the pitch ,all the best Robbie .

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2011, 10:15:49 PM »

Good luck Robbie where ever you go. All ways said hello and had some good banter with the stewards and time for everyone
@AltyDaz

whopper

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2011, 10:19:09 PM »

Always heard you from the half way line, a great captain, not many outfield players will stay here as long as you did

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2011, 10:21:27 PM »

Gutted.

one of only three people in that dressing room who seem to give a sh*t about this club at the moment.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2011, 10:21:53 PM »

What a brilliant captains log!
ParkINson's red and white army

markecky

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2011, 10:28:15 PM »

What a brilliant captains log!

Sums up the man really, a very articulate bloke who says it how it is.

It does make it clear thought that the manager hasn't released him but simply been honest with him and said he is part of the squad.  Not sure you can use that to beat him over the head with.

Robbie himself says he will drop down the pyramid in order to play each week which to me means he knows that maybe he doesnt reach the levels of performance he used to.

I reckon though he'll end up back at Vauxhall and will be an asset in a relegation scrap in this league.

Jenga

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2011, 10:38:09 PM »

The question is................is Robbie currently better than our existing startnig X1?

In my eyes he would do a better job than half of them.

I would have told others before Robbie that they are not in my plans.

To be honest I am quite angry that we continue to play the current shower of crap and Robbie is released essentially.

If it is the start of a whole change around I will eat my words, but lets face it are we going to release another 6 or 7 players? I cant see it, but we should be doing that and at least 6 or 7.

Granted Robbie has never been an Eddie Hussain or a Val Owen, but he is more than certain players at the club are at the moment.

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2011, 10:39:34 PM »

A true alty legend, have many positive memories of Robbie. Good luck with your future career!

taxi Phil

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2011, 10:46:04 PM »

A good honest 100% pro, a loyal clubman, and a damn fine captain. Best of luck whatever the future holds Robbie, and don't be a stranger.

And if anyone out there doesn't think he could have done a better job at right back on Saturday than Chris Lynch, then they don't understand what prompted his initial discussion with the manager !

markecky

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2011, 10:48:50 PM »

The question is................is Robbie currently better than our existing startnig X1?

In my eyes he would do a better job than half of them.

I would have told others before Robbie that they are not in my plans.

To be honest I am quite angry that we continue to play the current shower of crap and Robbie is released essentially.

If it is the start of a whole change around I will eat my words, but lets face it are we going to release another 6 or 7 players? I cant see it, but we should be doing that and at least 6 or 7.

Granted Robbie has never been an Eddie Hussain or a Val Owen, but he is more than certain players at the club are at the moment.

No club has ever released 6 or 7 first team players...so it isn't going to happen.  Nor is releasing Robbie going to start a charge up the league.

It is however going to free up some funds to hopefully get 1/2 replacements in to allow us to at least drop some of players we have now.

From the captains log it seems clear that Robbie thought he would come in next week, the manager has said he is going to have to bring people in from outside the club to change things.

Whether that's right or wrong its what managers are paid to do.

It's all about opinions but for me Robbie this season would be an excellent squad player who would motivate the lads and never let us down.  He wants to be more than that which is his right and I wish him well.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2011, 11:25:40 PM »

Personally I am astonished and saddened that Robbie is leaving the club - I think just lately he has more than deserved a place in the team when you see some of the fkn dross that has been served up - I am not going to start naming names on here of players who havent been up to the mark, but I think the majority of level headed forumites on here will know who they are - I fully agree with the sentiments about Robs Character, leadership qualities (which are sadly lacking on the pitch at the moment) and his 100% effort whenever he plays.  OK he was probably not the most naturally gifted player in the club but he gave total committment & effort every time he crossed the whitewash.

I will miss you Robbie - you always had time for a chat with the fans whenever and wherever we were - good luck with whatever route you choose from now and and you have the best wishes from the Shrewsbury 2 .

I hope now that Mr Sinnott employs a replacement pretty damm quick, and as others have said on here, ships out the dead wood - I DO NOT want to be trapsing around the Northern half of this country any  longer forking out hundreds of pounds watching  players not giving a toss and showing no fight or committment. This needs sorting before Sunday or else the season will be virtually bolloxed before Christmas. Today (in my opinion) is a sad day for Altrincham football club &  we have lost a committed player of this football club.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2011, 11:28:34 PM »

Robbie is what we need right now - passions and pride and plays 100%.

I disagree.  I don't think the current players don't try, I just think they aren't good enough.

What we need are people that can pass the ball to their own team mates and defenders who can stay in position and read the game with a little bit of pace.

Robbie has got all the spirit in the world...but its sometimes not enough.

Spot on, Ecky.

If the team was selected purely on the basis of demonstrating passion for your club, then our defence last Saturday would have comprised Hughesy; Ecky; George Heslop and Derek Wilshaw.

Mind you, come to think of it, that line-up would almost certainly have been more effective than the back four that we fielded against Gloucester City....

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lawton leaves