PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 todays game
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: todays game  (Read 7343 times)

taxi Phil

Re: todays game
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2011, 10:38:12 PM »

Unlike many on this forum I stand by my view that Stuart is not as confident as he may have once been. I will defend my views that his kicks far too often go into touch, he remains rooted to the line and is somewhat slow off the blocks, case in point yesterday was the incident where granted he was sold a little short but in the split second he wavered, he then had to rashly fell their attacker with a late follow through that could have quite easily resulted in a red card when the player subsequently needed treatment.

Realistically at present we have not seen a credible alternative option to push Stuart so he is under no pressure like other areas of the squad.

You are only as good as your last game and past history holds nothing for me,

I here what your saying and i dont blame you for sticking to your guns why the hell not i say?

Howver at times on this forum we seem keen to have a go at our most loyal of players (i am not for a minute suggesting they are immune to criticisim) which i find odd

It happened with Little a while before he left people saying he was finished at the level etc etc

People like Coburn actually care and for me thats massively important- some of this team dont seem to give a sh*t when they pull the top on that is more of a concern to me at present
A comment that equally applied to Robbie Lawton !

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: todays game
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2011, 11:43:36 PM »

I think nonleaguer is being slightly harsh. I agree, and Stuart probably would too, that's he's not quite the magnificent keeper he was in his twenties, he's 35+ and has had injuries, although for a keeper he may still have another 2 or 3 years in him (or 20 if he's Paul Bastock).

However he still has class and experience and seniority which whilst history doesn't hold much for some people is still important. He will be frustrated at playing behind some of the defending that has gone on recently.

In short, Stuart is the least of our problems at the moment, if a young excellent keeper became available then yes but for now we've got problems every elsewhere that need sorting out as a priority.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 todays game