PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 todays game
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: todays game  (Read 7309 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: todays game
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2011, 09:13:50 AM »

we dont need another meeting,we need the manager, that made a career as a centre back to see what the supporters, and now oppostion managers are seeing,the defence is dreadful. Weve got brown god love him who trys 100% every game, but is just not up to it.Flynn who hasnt had a decent game for us and is far to slow, two lads that were in a hyde defence that shipped 80 odd goals last season, and willliams back on loan who isnt good enough either.Footballs about tough decisions we need urgent action at the back, and also in midfield, how we can go from being on the edge of their box, to conceeding in a matter of seconds is scandelous.Its that obvious we will lose next week, that we probably wont if that makes sense... We just need them to be sh*tter than  us, and then start a rebuilding job at the back and try to resurect a season thats hanging in the balance.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2011, 10:05:55 AM »

I suggest you know nothing about leadership. It doesn't take shouting and bawling to lead a team. Encouragement of players by their peers is often more productive than the blame culture and pointing figures etc. let's talk about the easy goals the keeper presented them with and we might actually start agreeing about the root cause of the problem. Once again we see a contrast in keepers, theirs who is mobile and quick off the line to assist the defence and ours who remains rooted, panics and causes lack of confidence in the defence who should be able to use the keeper as a viable outlet when under pressure. It's time to look for some real competition for the no.1 jersey. I will not take anything away from the heroism of the past exploits of Stuart but sometimes you need to take the difficult decision and move on for the benefit of the whole team.
coburn was not at fault for either of todays goals
ParkINson's red and white army

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2011, 10:10:47 AM »

I suggest you know nothing about leadership. It doesn't take shouting and bawling to lead a team. Encouragement of players by their peers is often more productive than the blame culture and pointing figures etc. let's talk about the easy goals the keeper presented them with and we might actually start agreeing about the root cause of the problem. Once again we see a contrast in keepers, theirs who is mobile and quick off the line to assist the defence and ours who remains rooted, panics and causes lack of confidence in the defence who should be able to use the keeper as a viable outlet when under pressure. It's time to look for some real competition for the no.1 jersey. I will not take anything away from the heroism of the past exploits of Stuart but sometimes you need to take the difficult decision and move on for the benefit of the whole team.

Having now seen the video evidence (I can't bring myself to call them "highlights") I absolutely agree that Coburn was not to blame. In fact, he was left horribly exposed for both goals by our swiss cheese defence.
Come on Alty!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2011, 10:13:39 AM »

Having now seen the video evidence (I can't bring myself to call them "highlights") I absolutely agree that Coburn was not to blame. In fact, he was left horribly exposed for both goals by our swiss cheese defence.
ha ha swiss cheese defence that has tickled me

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2011, 10:19:52 AM »

its how we go from the edge of their box to conceeding that is so very disappointing,we will always score goals, but we are so lightweight in the middle and slow at the back, its frightening.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2011, 10:29:51 AM »

Sinnott needs to come out aned tell us what he intends to do with the defence ie releasing a couple of players and bringing a couple in

markecky

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2011, 10:42:16 AM »

Nonleaguer seems to have an issue with Stuart for some reason, not much he could have done about either goal today. Imagine how he feels playing behind that every week.

Why someone would pick  on him with the rest of the cumbersome sh*t to go at is beyond me.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 10:43:57 AM by markecky »

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2011, 10:44:18 AM »

Im not bothered if the manager comes out and tells us what his intentions are or not, but action needs taking now. theyve had over a 1/4 of a season to prove their worth.Its not happening.Its all very well trying to take positives out of games etc, but we are miles off the level we should expect in this league,its a promotion chasing forward line but other than that, moderate to poor...

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2011, 02:01:43 PM »

Once again we concede an early goal.

Once again we allow a team which does not contain superior footballers but displays a greater 'brightness' to consolidate. 

Once again we look much better after half time.

Not for the first time nor the last I suspect I wonder whether the fundamental problem lies with our pre match preparation both mental and physical. 

Nonleaguer

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2011, 02:28:40 PM »

Unlike many on this forum I stand by my view that Stuart is not as confident as he may have once been. I will defend my views that his kicks far too often go into touch, he remains rooted to the line and is somewhat slow off the blocks, case in point yesterday was the incident where granted he was sold a little short but in the split second he wavered, he then had to rashly fell their attacker with a late follow through that could have quite easily resulted in a red card when the player subsequently needed treatment.

Realistically at present we have not seen a credible alternative option to push Stuart so he is under no pressure like other areas of the squad.

You are only as good as your last game and past history holds nothing for me,

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2011, 04:16:28 PM »

If Clee and Lawrie weren't fit enough to start then fair enough. If otherwise it nust be regarded as a major tactical blunder to change a (home) winning formula and start Redshaw and Richman who are not proven.

RocketDan

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2011, 04:54:56 PM »

its how we go from the edge of their box to conceeding that is so very disappointing,

it's beyond disappointing, it was embarrassing. it took Gloucester 20 seconds from winning the ball on the edge of their 18 yard box to scoring.

We really struggle to defend against any team that plays fast, direct counter attacking football. There is no sense of leadership, positioning, communication or pace amongst the back four. Both goals are very similar - Gloucester pump the ball into the channels,  flicked it into the box, where the striker gets a one-on-one with the keeper. Basics.

Jenga

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2011, 07:09:04 PM »

Total shambles i'm afraid. Dont know why we went to the 4-3-3 when our home form was so good? As poor as Williams has been I'd rather have him in than Flynn, who looks uninterested aswell as slower than Paul Jones.

God knows what formation we'll see next Sunday but I'd go 4-5-1 and keep it tight.

In my opinion I think I know why we went 4-3-3. Nothing to do with tactics, nothing to do with availability of players, it was done to pacify the forum members shouting from the rooftops that Redshaw is what we need upfront despite us being one of the leagues leading goalscores and of course Jack scoring a hat-trick. Cant drop Twiss or Reeves so lets play 4-3-3.

Imho Jack is not the answer - at least not yet, but I can see he will be a great player if we can hold on to him.

bumble

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2011, 07:15:19 PM »

If Clee and Lawrie weren't fit enough to start then fair enough. If otherwise it nust be regarded as a major tactical blunder to change a (home) winning formula and start Redshaw and Richman who are not proven.

was told clee had recovered from being ill earlier in the week, and lawrie was tatical

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2011, 08:40:03 PM »

Unlike many on this forum I stand by my view that Stuart is not as confident as he may have once been. I will defend my views that his kicks far too often go into touch, he remains rooted to the line and is somewhat slow off the blocks, case in point yesterday was the incident where granted he was sold a little short but in the split second he wavered, he then had to rashly fell their attacker with a late follow through that could have quite easily resulted in a red card when the player subsequently needed treatment.

Realistically at present we have not seen a credible alternative option to push Stuart so he is under no pressure like other areas of the squad.

You are only as good as your last game and past history holds nothing for me,

I here what your saying and i dont blame you for sticking to your guns why the hell not i say?

Howver at times on this forum we seem keen to have a go at our most loyal of players (i am not for a minute suggesting they are immune to criticisim) which i find odd

It happened with Little a while before he left people saying he was finished at the level etc etc

People like Coburn actually care and for me thats massively important- some of this team dont seem to give a sh*t when they pull the top on that is more of a concern to me at present
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 todays game