PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 todays game
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: todays game  (Read 7342 times)

DavidP

todays game
« on: November 19, 2011, 05:06:12 PM »

After today game I feel we need to get rid of all the defence and get some leadership into the team. I never saw anyone barking at the others players to get them going but I did see that from glouscester and well well they won. At least get Robbie lawton into the site until we can get some leaders in the team. 

dunhamalty

Re: todays game
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 05:15:23 PM »

To be fair lynch was good today, Flynn needs to be dropped as he is far to slow and doesn't win enough headers for me. What has become apparent is our shocking lack of pace at the back and our work rate when we HAVE  the ball no passes on. I think its unfair to judge redshaw. Tactics in the first half were weird.

brian1925

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 05:21:24 PM »

Totally agree with all that. I have to pinch myself to believe our manager is an ex professional defender. Lynch is too slow to be a rb, brown gets worse by the match amd neither cb could lead a funeral march. What has happened to Ant too? I've laid off Twiss this season, but today he was at his ineffective worse and I missed Dale. On a brighter note, the subs including Williams did try and we improved. Next week we will lose unless a new defence is found en masse.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 05:21:29 PM »

The difference was first half Gloucester closed everything down. How many times did we see three Gloucester players round the Alty man with the ball? When they had the ball we just stood ten feet away to wait to see what they did with it. Twiss's hold up play didn't produce any lay-offs. Have Twiss and Reeves been introduced? Reeves did well to get man of the match. Second-half with some pace in the side Gloucester started to stand off more. Their cynicism and time-wasting is not something I hope we'll see much of at this level. The time-wasting was the worst I've seen since Woking  and they are the nastiest team we've seen since Vauxhall. We need to harden up a bit.

dunhamalty

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 05:34:00 PM »

They did have 4 men around us when we had the ball, where were the 3 alty men that were free. They should have been working hard to make an option for the lad with the ball! I would play lynch at centre back at least he has a turn of pace! God knows who else I would play with him in there

andyc

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 05:49:26 PM »

Defence awful today, Brown and Flynn the worst culprits. First half 4-3-3 didn't work, why change the forward line if its been working at home, its away the formation needs changing! If we don't get a new left back and centre half soon the season will be over.

Jenga

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 06:24:06 PM »

Game of two halves.

First half we were clueless.

Second half we played with width, well at least sometimes when the players lifted their head to have a look around the pitch.

The tunnel vision of some of the team is so obvious at times.

Balls over the top to Redshaw never going to work. Balls played wide for wide men and Redshaw to link up did.

What is evident is the team in the first half were not up forthe game. Too slow, no bite, no desire. Second half that changed. We need desire for 90 minutes to win matches.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 06:33:55 PM »

What is evident is the team in the first half were not up forthe game. Too slow, no bite, no desire. Second half that changed. We need desire for 90 minutes to win matches.

This is what I find most disturbing of all. Eddie Hussin would never have stood for this in 2004/05 and that is the kind of personality we need to keep the players on their toes and lead them on the pitch.
Come on Alty!

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 08:33:39 PM »

They did have 4 men around us when we had the ball, where were the 3 alty men that were free. They should have been working hard to make an option for the lad with the ball! I would play lynch at centre back at least he has a turn of pace! God knows who else I would play with him in there

Dunham
Are you Chris Lynch ?.........second post singing his praises....he was skinned so many times today by his lack of pace that I lost count. When playing full back he dare not get too far forward in case he needs to get back......best position on centre mid
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 08:36:35 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2011, 10:10:01 PM »

Dunham
Are you Chris Lynch ?.........second post singing his praises....he was skinned so many times today by his lack of pace that I lost count. When playing full back he dare not get too far forward in case he needs to get back......best position on centre mid
I thought Lynch was particularly poor today. His passing persistently sideways or backwards was like Ray Wilkins at his worst, and when there were openings he could move into down the wing he ignored them.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2011, 10:18:48 PM »

Nobody takes control verbally or physically, Defence is a fkn shambles,  433 wasnt the solution, No passion (again) f**k all desire It was like Worcester away take two..

For f**k sake lads take some pride in the shirt or Piss off.

bumble

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2011, 10:36:09 PM »

This is what I find most disturbing of all. Eddie Hussin would never have stood for this in 2004/05 and that is the kind of personality we need to keep the players on their toes and lead them on the pitch.

This.

I wasn't around in 2005... But for god sake let's have a leader, someone who when things don't go to plan can say "come on let's f'ing do this!" and rally the troops! This is what we are current missing

No disrespect to  danylyk or densmore but you aren't leaders, and we need a centre midfield to lead with passion and whose prepared to run through brick Walls for 3 points

Nonleaguer

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2011, 11:48:18 PM »

I suggest you know nothing about leadership. It doesn't take shouting and bawling to lead a team. Encouragement of players by their peers is often more productive than the blame culture and pointing figures etc. let's talk about the easy goals the keeper presented them with and we might actually start agreeing about the root cause of the problem. Once again we see a contrast in keepers, theirs who is mobile and quick off the line to assist the defence and ours who remains rooted, panics and causes lack of confidence in the defence who should be able to use the keeper as a viable outlet when under pressure. It's time to look for some real competition for the no.1 jersey. I will not take anything away from the heroism of the past exploits of Stuart but sometimes you need to take the difficult decision and move on for the benefit of the whole team.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2011, 07:55:21 AM »

Total shambles i'm afraid. Dont know why we went to the 4-3-3 when our home form was so good? As poor as Williams has been I'd rather have him in than Flynn, who looks uninterested aswell as slower than Paul Jones.

God knows what formation we'll see next Sunday but I'd go 4-5-1 and keep it tight.

Full time and proud of it

Thomas H

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2011, 08:51:04 AM »

I feel another crisis meeting coming on?
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 todays game