PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Anyone not on contract apart from redshaw should go
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anyone not on contract apart from redshaw should go  (Read 6700 times)

bumble

Re: Anyone not on contract apart from redshaw should go
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2011, 10:46:08 AM »

We should start at a 4-5-1 till we Settle down Which would be around 15-20mins then change

Finally!

And when we do attack, it can convert to 4-3-3 very quickly!

Like Manchester united when they played arsenal in the CL SF few years back

John Crewe

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2011, 01:50:45 PM »

sounds to me from this forum and particularly this thread that few of us have much faith in either the management teams tactics or signings?

therefore shouldnt the question really be dont we need a new management team? with fresh ideas, fresh contacts and able to consistently motivate the team?

markecky

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2011, 01:55:05 PM »

sounds to me from this forum and particularly this thread that few of us have much faith in either the management teams tactics or signings?

therefore shouldnt the question really be dont we need a new management team? with fresh ideas, fresh contacts and able to consistently motivate the team?

And so it begins....

John Crewe

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2011, 02:01:43 PM »

And so it begins....

only a suggestion in light of the fact that pretty well every thread on this forum is either critical of the management teams tactics or the team they pick.....or both

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2011, 02:14:04 PM »

We could get through a manager a week on this forum :)
ParkINson's red and white army

DAB @ ALTY

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2011, 02:41:43 PM »

The management team have to go with what they have got until they can shuffle the pack.I am sure that they are aware of where the problems lie,we as fans just have to be patient until the right formula is found for our away form to match that of our home form.In our club's situation it is not just possible to go out there and bring in the players that we require at just the click of a finger.

Toppers

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2011, 04:32:55 PM »

The players are just not performing to the standards that we know they can

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2011, 06:39:06 PM »

I normally get to the ground a couple of mins before KO so I don't see any of the pre match preparation.
Last Saturday was an exception, I was early enough to witness the 20 mins prior to KO and what I saw worried me.
The routine our players were going through seemed to lack focus it certainly wasn't sharp or bright. The whole thing looked lethargic and amateurish to me. 

An old saying came to mind ....fail to prepare, prepare to fail. Frankly I feel that match was lost before we kicked off.

Worcester, no great shakes, were just brighter seized the initiative and never really lost it.  We on the other hand struggled to shake off the lethargy so apparent during the warm up.   

There have been a number of calls to sack the lot, not fit to wear the shirt etc and whilst I admit we could do with a few Eddie Hussin's I think with better preparation we could do a lot better with the players we have.

It's not only about having the will to win, which I suspect most of our squad have, its about being willing to prepare to win. That is entirely different. Anyone who isn't willing to prepare to win should be shown the door.     

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2011, 10:23:35 PM »

A really poor display yesterday. I've been to two games this season, this one and Solihull, so I've really picked them so far! My next game I'm afraid is FCUM... I agree with those who have said that we have to change the way we play away from home, and start being more solid and hard to break down. Let's grind out a couple of 0-0s if needs be and then go from there. A few other observations:

- Flynn looks anything but the captain of a Conf North winning side as he was a couple of years back. He looks slow and frankly lazy. And he really must cut out the 50 yard glory balls he tried to play pretty much every time he got the ball yesterday. It was back to the bad old days.
- I'm not sure how we accommodate him, because him and Reeves is not a natural striking partnership, but Redshaw has to start and soon. He's a class act and his movement will cause no end of problems in this league.
- Densmore is cutting a very frustrated figure, I think because he thinks he's too good for this league. He's not and the sooner he comes to terms with that the better for him and us.
- I'm sorry but for me, Tolson's look-at-me, Mourinho wannabe triple substitution was all wrong. We ended up with Clee in the middle (and we all know how well that works) and no width at all. He'd not done much but why take off Lawrie when you need goals? Why bring on Lawton?  He scarpered around in his usual effortful but ineffective way and was never going to help us in that situation. Where was Richman?

When we go behind, we sulk and whinge and behave as if the world's against us. The truth is, we remind me of those ex-League teams we used to play (and take the piss out of) who simply hadn't come to terms with their relegation.

This lot need to be told a few home truths and sharpish. Not good enough

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2011, 11:19:21 PM »

A really poor display yesterday. I've been to two games this season, this one and Solihull, so I've really picked them so far! My next game I'm afraid is FCUM... I agree with those who have said that we have to change the way we play away from home, and start being more solid and hard to break down. Let's grind out a couple of 0-0s if needs be and then go from there. A few other observations:

- Flynn looks anything but the captain of a Conf North winning side as he was a couple of years back. He looks slow and frankly lazy. And he really must cut out the 50 yard glory balls he tried to play pretty much every time he got the ball yesterday. It was back to the bad old days.
- I'm not sure how we accommodate him, because him and Reeves is not a natural striking partnership, but Redshaw has to start and soon. He's a class act and his movement will cause no end of problems in this league.
- Densmore is cutting a very frustrated figure, I think because he thinks he's too good for this league. He's not and the sooner he comes to terms with that the better for him and us.
- I'm sorry but for me, Tolson's look-at-me, Mourinho wannabe triple substitution was all wrong. We ended up with Clee in the middle (and we all know how well that works) and no width at all. He'd not done much but why take off Lawrie when you need goals? Why bring on Lawton?  He scarpered around in his usual effortful but ineffective way and was never going to help us in that situation. Where was Richman?

When we go behind, we sulk and whinge and behave as if the world's against us. The truth is, we remind me of those ex-League teams we used to play (and take the piss out of) who simply hadn't come to terms with their relegation.

I can assure you that Shaun doesn't think he's too good for this league. At the risk of upsetting Market Dave again (who thinks Shaun is not interested), the reason for his frustration, I believe, is because his team is not winning.

When are we going to give over with the conspiracy theories and the sniping folk? We may not be pulling up every tree but we are just outside the playoffs despite our poor away record so surely, if the action of choice is criticism could we not make it a bit more constructive?

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2011, 09:16:13 AM »

I can assure you that Shaun doesn't think he's too good for this league. At the risk of upsetting Market Dave again (who thinks Shaun is not interested), the reason for his frustration, I believe, is because his team is not winning.

When are we going to give over with the conspiracy theories and the sniping folk? We may not be pulling up every tree but we are just outside the playoffs despite our poor away record so surely, if the action of choice is criticism could we not make it a bit more constructive?

Phil, he's hardly going to tell you that he thinks he's too good for this league even if he does think it, is he?

But let me rephrase: on Saturday, he acted like he was too good for this league. That's not a conspiracy theory, it's what I saw.

And constructive criticism is for the dressing room. This is a fans forum and if people have negative views about the team (and how exactly you'd be positive about Saturday, I've no idea) then those are the views they ought to express.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2011, 09:57:25 AM »

I'm not going to single out individual players, but what upsets me is the reaction to the managers warning shot/rallying call last week.We were Dreadful on Saturday, and Worcester are midtable outfit that were without their best players.It's good that people want to defend the team and deflect criticism away from them.But Saturday, like the previous away game, (which was at stalybridge Celtic not Barcelona) was a horror show.Centre backs should be ten a penny at this level, I simply cannot understand what's the policy is at the back.I'd send both loan players back now if we can and take a couple of decent centre backs,on loan if needs be.Anyside with any pace upfront has got the beating of us, vauxhall came close, teams will come to moss lane and start attacking soon
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Anyone not on contract apart from redshaw should go