PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Anyone not on contract apart from redshaw should go
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Anyone not on contract apart from redshaw should go  (Read 6699 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: November 12, 2011, 05:05:29 PM »

Disgrace to the shirt, hammered by midtable crap without a whimper, if we want to be in the shake up come April,we need a new defence, and a midfielder with some bollocks, time for a reality check.Our defence is sh*t, and we've no character apart from the goalkeeper.Stuart the only one that seems to care, furious at another £100 wasted

Nonleaguer

Re: Anyone not on contract apart from redshaw should go
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 05:27:13 PM »

How you rated Stuart today is beyond me, his distribution is woeful, he remains rooted to the line and our defence are afraid to use him as a viable option when they are under pressure. Contrast this with their keeper who was used to mop up and distribute at will.
Also Clee was clearly playing the second half with an injury that was caused before half time. Surely he should have been subbed at HT rather than face coming out second half and then having the team carry him for 45 mins. Chances were also badly spurned today, two clear cut from Reeves and a great opportunity wasted by Twiss 

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 06:10:07 PM »

Disgrace to the shirt, hammered by midtable crap without a whimper, if we want to be in the shake up come April,we need a new defence, and a midfielder with some bollocks, time for a reality check.Our defence is sh*t, and we've no character apart from the goalkeeper.Stuart the only one that seems to care, furious at another £100 wasted

Talk about overkill and knee jerk reactions. I have not read a more ridiculous thread title for years

Worcester have a very good home record and we have a poor away record. Some of that may be psychological but rest assured that your suggestions are bound to help if it is

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 06:34:17 PM »

Do me a favour Phil,attend away games more than a tram ride and then I'll hold your opinion with any sway.It's all very well pontificating from The comfort of your living room.Worcester are toilet and not a fan clapped us off today,as much as we dress it up, we are rubbish.And the scathing remarks of so many loyalists in the pub after shows this is not acceptable.It's not an over reaction, out defence Is woeful, look at the goals conceeded Coloum if you think I'm over reacting.....

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 06:55:27 PM »

And what's more Phil. We are the only side of any note theyve actually beaten at home, they are top half due to having the worlds easiest home fixtures in the first 3 months...

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 07:24:50 PM »

I was there and I have to say it was another disappointing trek the away fans - yet another abject display

Our defence is poor - particulary Williams (subbed at half time). I have said on here before - his distribution is poor he is not aggresive enough given his size - He heads the ball upwards rather than getting any depth on it.  In all honesty we knew he wasnt good since the days of Greg Young who use to marshall the back four - He went to Telford and they obviously saw flaws in his game. Im sorry Robbie but it is the truth..  Densmore and Danylyk had a poor game today, We won hardly any second balls,  Redshaw didnt stand a chance with high oportunist balls being pumped up to him - probably one of the smallest strikers in the league - there central defenders probably wont have an easier game all season Jack has talent but we fail to play to his strengths. Damo Reeves ran his heart out but today his first touch wasnt good.  Twissy is too one footed for his own good, I

I go to away fixtures these days,  hoping to get something rather than expecting it.. How can our home form be so different - its a patch of grass at the end of the day ffs. The crowds in this league are not big enough to make a difference.  Worcester are no world beaters but they wanted it more

The only plus from today is that the drive home only took an hour...

I agree to a point with Hughesy - Its time to ship a few out (favourites or not) and get some fkn passion back in the squad

It was that bad today I didnt even hear Dennis having a go.... (did they lock him on the coach).

Come on Alty you have got to show some passion when we go on the road.

Toppers

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 08:20:36 PM »

its funny that we still have half a squad who have won at places like grimsby, darlington and so no... but struggle in this league, williams needs to be sent back, nothing in the midfield, densmore should should stick to the right not centre mid!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 08:48:12 PM »

Do me a favour Phil,attend away games more than a tram ride and then I'll hold your opinion with any sway.It's all very well pontificating from The comfort of your living room.Worcester are toilet and not a fan clapped us off today,as much as we dress it up, we are rubbish.And the scathing remarks of so many loyalists in the pub after shows this is not acceptable.It's not an over reaction, out defence Is woeful, look at the goals conceeded Coloum if you think I'm over reacting.....

Dave?

I do not comment on performances which I haven't seen and, if you look again you will see that I have not commented on the performance.

There are at least two reasons why I choose not to venture away. Firstly I regularly have footballing commitments which I arrange for dates when we are away so that I don't miss home games. Secondly I am currently unwaged for reasons I will not bring up here as this is not the place for politics. I would suggest however that not attending away matches does not make me less of a supporter nor should it in any way devalue my opinions, particularly when they do not mention away performances.

I observed that Worcester have a good home record. This can be statistically proven irrespective of whom they might have played to date.

I observed that we have a poor away record. Again there is statistical evidence to support this.

I postulated that our poor away record might be having some psychological effect on the players which can then make it almost a self fulfilling prophesy.

And finally I intimated that, in my view, your (again in my personal opinion) knee jerk and overkill reaction was unlikely to help if this is indeed the case.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 10:40:32 PM »

After Lee\s comments in the week I expect we'll see some players released and some new ones in before our next game (if Lee is working).
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2011, 11:07:06 PM »

Dave?

I do not comment on performances which I haven't seen and, if you look again you will see that I have not commented on the performance.

There are at least two reasons why I choose not to venture away. Firstly I regularly have footballing commitments which I arrange for dates when we are away so that I don't miss home games. Secondly I am currently unwaged for reasons I will not bring up here as this is not the place for politics. I would suggest however that not attending away matches does not make me less of a supporter nor should it in any way devalue my opinions, particularly when they do not mention away performances.

I observed that Worcester have a good home record. This can be statistically proven irrespective of whom they might have played to date.

I observed that we have a poor away record. Again there is statistical evidence to support this.

I postulated that our poor away record might be having some psychological effect on the players which can then make it almost a self fulfilling prophesy.

And finally I intimated that, in my view, your (again in my personal opinion) knee jerk and overkill reaction was unlikely to help if this is indeed the case.
im not getting drawn into the bulk of the thread however i agree mentaly there is something the players must be doubting away vs home its a strange one

Are they up for it more at home? Less nervous? Who knows

Its going to cost us dear at this rate
ParkINson's red and white army

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2011, 11:10:45 PM »

Another thing thats a real shame is the lads had an opportunity to shine in the abscence of the manager but chose not to
ParkINson's red and white army

bumble

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2011, 11:23:10 PM »

Why on earth do we not just slow down away from home?

At home we take our time and pick teams off, away from home it's almost like we have to score after 19 seconds...

I'd rather go in at HT 0-0 having defended well than tried to blow teams out of the water and be losing

Hamilton

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2011, 11:45:32 PM »

Dare I say we use the GH tactics away from home of making sure we don't concede and try to poach a goal in the 2nd half.

Thomas H

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2011, 09:30:06 AM »

Agree totally with starting comments. We are woeful defending front to back. We create a fair amount of chances which are dependent on whether our strikeforce have put boots on right feet? I said at the the last crisis meeting we switch off but recently we don't even switch on. Boston & Colwyn were clearly blips? (i saw both games). I doubt we can make wholesale changes, but that is what is needed. There have been too many poor performances to suggest motivation might get us out of it?

Toppers

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2011, 10:07:59 AM »

We should start at a 4-5-1 till we Settle down Which would be around 15-20mins then change
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team