PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Totally outclassed , simple as.
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Totally outclassed , simple as.  (Read 6508 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Totally outclassed , simple as.
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2011, 09:02:14 PM »

Going forward we were no worse than Stalybridge, they put there chances away - we didn't. Clee, Twiss, redhead in 2nd half should all have scored - 2 of those chances were in the 6 yard box. The big difference today was desire. Stalybridge, young lads who wanted to win, there game plan was to give it to the 8 (worthington?).. who longed it around. There 2 full backs were solid and their attackers clinical.

My issue is with the desire of some of our players. For me Densmore and Flynn are not interested, others' heads go down when we go behind.. Maybe adopting the Stalybridge approach, clearing the decks and starting afresh is the way to go.

We desperately Need a box to box player too.

Wasn't there today so I can't comment on the performance THIS AFTERNOON

However I would strongly dispute your assertion (if this is what you actually mean) that Densmore is generally disinterested. When things were going poorly against Witton he looked the most interested player we had and during our recent good run (remember the four consecutive league wins, 17 goals etc) his energy and "interest" have been vital components.

Adam Flynn is just coming back from an injury so I think it is both unfair (and also quite difficult) to evaluate how interested he is.

I'd suggest though that on what I have seen so far of Lee Sinnott a disinterested player would not be getting a game

Phil,

As one pedant to another, I feel that I have to point out that the correct adjective is 'uninterested' and not 'disinterested.'

Meanwhile, I don't think that Flynn is uninterested, I just think that he's too slow.

Barry,

To be even more pedantic, I think he means ' not very interested' rather than uninterested per se

Whatever the case, the team wasn't good enough to win against a yound skillful side who look a good bet for the title. That's not to say that we ever though (well most of us) that winning the title was on the agenda this season.

For what it's worth, I believe that when everyone is fully fit (if that ever happens) and the manager has had more time to 'school' them, the play-offs are not beyond us.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

stalyvegas

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2011, 10:01:17 PM »

We were awfull simples

I didn't think you were that bad the differance between the two sides was the finishing
of Celtic. I thought at times you played some good football an created plenty of chances
and you brought the biggest away following i've seen for a few years.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 10:31:59 PM »

you brought the biggest away following i've seen for a few years.

Does that include games against Hyde?
Come on Alty!

stalyvegas

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2011, 11:03:18 PM »

Yes it does last season Hyde brought less than 200 and Droylsden bring less than that.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2011, 10:10:00 AM »

Going forward we were no worse than Stalybridge, they put there chances away - we didn't. Clee, Twiss, redhead in 2nd half should all have scored - 2 of those chances were in the 6 yard box. The big difference today was desire. Stalybridge, young lads who wanted to win, there game plan was to give it to the 8 (worthington?).. who longed it around. There 2 full backs were solid and their attackers clinical.

My issue is with the desire of some of our players. For me Densmore and Flynn are not interested, others' heads go down when we go behind.. Maybe adopting the Stalybridge approach, clearing the decks and starting afresh is the way to go.

We desperately Need a box to box player too.

Wasn't there today so I can't comment on the performance THIS AFTERNOON

However I would strongly dispute your assertion (if this is what you actually mean) that Densmore is generally disinterested. When things were going poorly against Witton he looked the most interested player we had and during our recent good run (remember the four consecutive league wins, 17 goals etc) his energy and "interest" have been vital components.

Adam Flynn is just coming back from an injury so I think it is both unfair (and also quite difficult) to evaluate how interested he is.

I'd suggest though that on what I have seen so far of Lee Sinnott a disinterested player would not be getting a game

Phil,

As one pedant to another, I feel that I have to point out that the correct adjective is 'uninterested' and not 'disinterested.'

Meanwhile, I don't think that Flynn is uninterested, I just think that he's too slow.

Barry,

To be even more pedantic, I think he means ' not very interested' rather than uninterested per se

Whatever the case, the team wasn't good enough to win against a yound skillful side who look a good bet for the title. That's not to say that we ever though (well most of us) that winning the title was on the agenda this season.

For what it's worth, I believe that when everyone is fully fit (if that ever happens) and the manager has had more time to 'school' them, the play-offs are not beyond us.

But to be both pedantic and correct, disinterested doesn't mean 'not very interested'. It means impartial or neutral.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2011, 12:27:41 PM »

Yes it does last season Hyde brought less than 200 and Droylsden bring less than that.

That's frightening!  :)
Come on Alty!

stalyvegas

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 01:03:14 PM »

why?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2011, 04:13:21 PM »

why?

Because they should be capable of bringing more fans than that to what is, to all intents and purposes, a home game.
Come on Alty!

stalyvegas

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2011, 05:14:00 PM »

why?

Because they should be capable of bringing more fans than that to what is, to all intents and purposes, a home game.

Previous seasons Hyde have only averaged about 300 at home games. This season their attendances have gone up
because they were top of the league. Their attendances will get back to normal when they start sliding down the
league.

Robin Reliant

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2011, 05:17:04 PM »

why?

Previous seasons Hyde have only averaged about 300 at home games. This season their attendances have gone up
because they were top of the league. Their attendances will get back to normal when they start sliding down the
league.

You hope!       ;D
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Totally outclassed , simple as.