PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Totally outclassed , simple as.
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Totally outclassed , simple as.  (Read 6507 times)

Stan Hibbert

« on: October 22, 2011, 04:23:44 PM »

Nobody's to blame, we weren't good enough.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Totally outclassed , simple as.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 04:53:54 PM »

No league game now for two weeks I believe, plenty for Lee to ponder. Stalybridge have slowly built this team up since last summer and it is clear that we still have a long way to go yet. If you are going to get thrashed doing it at the side that will be league champions is some tiny consolation.

Robin Reliant

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 04:59:07 PM »

No league game now for two weeks I believe, plenty for Lee to ponder. Stalybridge have slowly built this team up since last summer and it is clear that we still have a long way to go yet. If you are going to get thrashed doing it at the side that will be league champions is some tiny consolation.

Totally agree...the friendly next saturday is just what we need....good chance to try other options ( if we have any!)

DavidP

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 05:04:18 PM »

We were awfull simples

mikealty

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 05:45:43 PM »

If we just simply kept it at 2-1 till half time at least then we could have had a chance of taking a point. Oh well, best forget it.....

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 05:57:08 PM »

That's what would happen every week if we were promoted back to the BSP with this current squad.
We should have scored a couple more, but every mistake was punished. It could have been more, a totally new defence is needed.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 06:00:58 PM »

No argument about the result, they were best side by a mile we have played. The score flattered them but we defended very naively and gave them far too much space in midfield. We were a little unfortunate that Reevesy couldnt turn in the back pass that would have made it 1-1 as it wouldhave been closer. We missed too many good chances especially second half but they killed the game off well. Our defence was turned too easily a few times. Still a work in progress for Sinnott clearly. I think we should have approached this game with a slightly more defensive mentality like Colwyn did last week.

In the scheme of things the defeat isnt too serious. I would be amazed if Staly dont win this league.

62vintage

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 06:11:40 PM »

No argument about the result, they were best side by a mile we have played. The score flattered them but we defended very naively and gave them far too much space in midfield. We were a little unfortunate that Reevesy couldnt turn in the back pass that would have made it 1-1 as it wouldhave been closer. We missed too many good chances especially second half but they killed the game off well. Our defence was turned too easily a few times. Still a work in progress for Sinnott clearly. I think we should have approached this game with a slightly more defensive mentality like Colwyn did last week.

In the scheme of things the defeat isnt too serious. I would be amazed if Staly dont win this league.

I do not think the score flattered them at all.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 06:45:05 PM »

Correct, Stalybridge will win the league and we will not. I think we all knew really that we weren't good enough to compete at the very top. I'm not too bothered though; I still think we can reach the play offs but we will probably have more of a chance of going up next year.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2011, 07:06:22 PM »

Going forward we were no worse than Stalybridge, they put there chances away - we didn't. Clee, Twiss and Reeves in 2nd half should all have scored - 2 of those chances were in the 6 yard box. The big difference today was desire. Stalybridge, young lads who wanted to win, their game plan was to give it to the 8 (worthington?).. who pinged it around. Their 2 full backs were solid and their attackers clinical.

My issue is with the desire of some of our players. For me Densmore and Flynn are not interested, others' heads go down when we go behind.. Maybe adopting the Stalybridge approach, clearing the decks and starting afresh is the way to go.

We desperately need a box to box player too.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 10:01:06 AM by stubmanred »

Nonleaguer

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2011, 07:33:15 PM »

Time to practice corners I.e where the ball actually clears the first defender and change the free kick takers. Too many times we completely concede possession from a dead ball opportunity. Also get Stuart to practice kicking a diagonal ball with accuracy may also help.

Today was poor but Staylybridge played some neat crisp football which for some reason completely deserted Alty today. That said, an home fixture versus Eastwood should get us back on track as they are imploding with the financial backers now riding off into the sunset!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2011, 08:38:48 PM »

Going forward we were no worse than Stalybridge, they put there chances away - we didn't. Clee, Twiss, redhead in 2nd half should all have scored - 2 of those chances were in the 6 yard box. The big difference today was desire. Stalybridge, young lads who wanted to win, there game plan was to give it to the 8 (worthington?).. who longed it around. There 2 full backs were solid and their attackers clinical.

My issue is with the desire of some of our players. For me Densmore and Flynn are not interested, others' heads go down when we go behind.. Maybe adopting the Stalybridge approach, clearing the decks and starting afresh is the way to go.

We desperately Need a box to box player too.

Wasn't there today so I can't comment on the performance THIS AFTERNOON

However I would strongly dispute your assertion (if this is what you actually mean) that Densmore is generally disinterested. When things were going poorly against Witton he looked the most interested player we had and during our recent good run (remember the four consecutive league wins, 17 goals etc) his energy and "interest" have been vital components.

Adam Flynn is just coming back from an injury so I think it is both unfair (and also quite difficult) to evaluate how interested he is.

I'd suggest though that on what I have seen so far of Lee Sinnott a disinterested player would not be getting a game

62vintage

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2011, 10:26:59 PM »

I think today we were hammered by a team that will probably go on to be the league champions, and I do not think the score flattered them at all.
Stalybridge were simply better than us and we should give them credit for a clinical performance.
Having said that I thought some of our players were poor today. We were muscled off the ball too easily too many times, by a team that were always looking to pass and move forward. It must have been fantastic for the home fans to watch.
I really think we need a midfielder of the Steve Connors mould to come in and stop the opposition playing and allow us to take the game to them.
We created chances today, but how many saves did their goalie make? I cannot remember any and that can only be down to bad finishing. 
On a more positive note I am looking forward to watching Jack Redshaw, he looks a good player and I am sure he will get a start soon.
Todays game has gone, and with it 3 points. We have now played the top 3 teams once and only gained 1 point, so perhaps we are not as good as we thought.
Some consistencey and clean sheets are needed in my opinion.     

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2011, 11:39:05 PM »

We were taught a lesson today by the team that i think will be the champions , still think we can make the playoffs , its a strange league with teams
taking points from each other , like colwyn losing to us then beating Stalybridge 2-0 .

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2011, 04:25:54 PM »

Going forward we were no worse than Stalybridge, they put there chances away - we didn't. Clee, Twiss, redhead in 2nd half should all have scored - 2 of those chances were in the 6 yard box. The big difference today was desire. Stalybridge, young lads who wanted to win, there game plan was to give it to the 8 (worthington?).. who longed it around. There 2 full backs were solid and their attackers clinical.

We desperately Need a box to box player too.

Wasn't there today so I can't comment on the performance THIS AFTERNOON

However I would strongly dispute your assertion (if this is what you actually mean) that Densmore is generally disinterested. When things were going poorly against Witton he looked the most interested player we had and during our recent good run (remember the four consecutive league wins, 17 goals etc) his energy and "interest" have been vital components.

Adam Flynn is just coming back from an injury so I think it is both unfair (and also quite difficult) to evaluate how interested he is.

I'd suggest though that on what I have seen so far of Lee Sinnott a disinterested player would not be getting a game

Phil,

As one pedant to another, I feel that I have to point out that the correct adjective is 'uninterested' and not 'disinterested.'

Meanwhile, I don't think that Flynn is uninterested, I just think that he's too slow.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team