News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 1,440 at Harrogate v Hinckley

Author Topic: 1,440 at Harrogate v Hinckley  (Read 4317 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: December 15, 2012, 10:48:03 PM »

Harrogate did something today that I've said we should do for years.They let everyone in for free, got 3 times their average attendance and showcased the club with a 5-0 win, well done to them for giving it a go, if only 10 or 20 come back on a regular basis it was a very worthwhile thing to do.

markecky

Re: 1,440 at Harrogate v Hinckley
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 10:49:21 PM »

Harrogate did something today that I've said we should do for years.They let everyone in for free, got 3 times their average attendance and showcased the club with a 5-0 win, well done to them for giving it a go, if only 10 or 20 come back on a regular basis it was a very worthwhile thing to do.

Nice to have a rich chairman that means you can do that though.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 10:56:02 PM »

I agree with this or do kids for free and everyone else say a fiver

Big advertising and hopefully make on drinks and programmes etc

Calculated risk?
ParkINson's red and white army

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 11:14:39 PM »

We'd lose 3-1 to Vauxhall Motors if we did it.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

York Alty

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 11:27:33 PM »

yes its a worthy effort - it's up to them how they spend their English Rupees.  The proof however is whether they get the 20 odd more at the next home game...and the next...and the next.

Jimmy

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 07:31:30 AM »

Top marks harrogate

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 07:40:23 AM »

Made sure they played the right team, they also have made over 100,000 from their cup run
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Jimmy

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 08:24:12 AM »

I still say a marvellous gesture I don't know how any one can not regardless of what they made who they played

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2012, 10:05:56 AM »

More interesting would be 'pay what you want' with a % going to a local charity. Economic theory suggests that, if done correctly, total yields from such schemes can actually increase.The charity aspect is apparently important as it creates a feel good factor for people to pay that bit more

Obviously i am probably the most boring person on this board, as I read Economics books :)

Remember season ticket holders like me are fully paid so even if everybody paid zero (which wouldn't happen) there is still that revenue that is in the bank already.

RocketDan

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2012, 05:40:53 PM »

I wonder how many of the 2,428 who turned up to Burton have come back?

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 08:02:31 AM »

More interesting would be 'pay what you want' with a % going to a local charity. Economic theory suggests that, if done correctly, total yields from such schemes can actually increase.The charity aspect is apparently important as it creates a feel good factor for people to pay that bit more

Obviously i am probably the most boring person on this board, as I read Economics books :)

Remember season ticket holders like me are fully paid so even if everybody paid zero (which wouldn't happen) there is still that revenue that is in the bank already.

My suggestion would be combine 'pay what you want' with 'Kids for Free'. The 'pay what you want' portion should be split 50/50 with a local charity who should be a hight profile cause and jointly responsible for advertising - including getting it splashed all over the front page of SAM and in the MEN. A good idea would be to advertise it as FREE AT THE TURNSTYLES and the 'pay what you want' would be in the form of charity bucket collections immediately fans have passed the turnstyles.

I agree that the choice of game would be important. How about waiting until we play Chester or Stockport next season and charging the away fans double? ;)

Beaver

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2012, 09:29:05 AM »

Its a great idea on many levels.

Seeing as though we have bagged a fair bit in cup money this season I think gambling a bit of it on this kind of scheme is well worth it. Club profile etc, and a good chance to capture those 10-20 fans.

I cant help thinking that had we scored against Burton on tv we might have captured 5 or 6 more that night. But hey ho thats football, and on the plus side it took some spotlight off that garbage striker of ours.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team