PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Cowards
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Cowards  (Read 10317 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Cowards
« on: October 01, 2011, 05:01:28 PM »

Another big game no show, not scored in the FA cup for 3 years, bottled it again, like we do every time we have a pressure game.......

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Cowards
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 05:05:56 PM »

I can't comment directly on our performance. However, there can be no excuses - home draw with a bit of local interest thrown in for good measure. Even listening on Radio Robins it was obvious Witton wanted it more than us.

So disappointed.
Come on Alty!

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 05:10:37 PM »

we just had to turn up didnt we ?

Bath Alty

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 05:16:42 PM »

what's the prize money for this round? 4,000?

Players should write out 4000 times "We must do better in the FA cup, our fans deserve better"

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 05:18:55 PM »

Black and red shirt taken off at thee club abd put in the car boot to embarresed to wear it. I don't normally slag off the team but that xxxx
@AltyDaz

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 05:19:57 PM »

Cowards is very harsh. Witton had everyone behind the ball second half and Altrincham's pretty passing play just gave the ball away too often. Why take three touches when one would do? Why try to beat the same defender twice? This is the first game i've seen since going to Solihull and it strikes me that Altrincham cannot play against teams that crowd the last third and tackle two on one.

Even better day for Witton. Northwich lost at home to Nantwich. Maybe both teams were playing in green.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 05:22:04 PM by Ian Harwood »

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 05:29:03 PM »

Utterly embarrassing, heartless performance. The worst thing is none of the players appeared to care, at least outwardly.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 05:37:52 PM »

They are cowards, they all hide whenever the heat is on.Who on the park today was talking,organising or geeing them up, no one.

markecky

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2011, 05:38:29 PM »

What's the problem with big games?  What is it our players don't like about them?

Today was absolute turgid sh*te from everyone of them. We could have played until six o clock and not scored.

No doubt the manager will get it in the neck but he put out the same side that played so well at colywn and home to worcs and Nuneaton  

There is no in between. We are either really good and purring or look like we have never met

And why we couldn't even take a free kick or corner was scandalous

Everyone if those that played should be ashamed

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2011, 05:42:06 PM »

I saw the Worcester game. They were absolute crap second half and got hammered. I can only assume Colwyn Bay were awful to lose 6-1. Thumping teams that leave the door open is not an indication of how good you are, it's an indication of how bad they are. Coming back to win this one 2-1 in the second half would have shown how good Altrincham could be but unfortunately they lacked the ideas or application to do it.

Hamilton

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2011, 05:55:31 PM »

What came across in the commentary today was a lack of any sort of counter plan. Don't forget that Witton came to play a certain way - hence the yellow cards - and succeeded. They seemed to have done their homework and put their plan into place to perfection, but Alty had Plan A, which they executed poorly, and had no plan B. Do you put that down to the manager or the players? Or were they just expecting to win by going onto the prk and were unable to find a 2nd gear

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2011, 06:00:28 PM »

I'm not his greatest fan,but we desperately missed Lawton today.Didn't seem to be any leadership on the pitch and taking the game by the sruff of the neck.Too many watched the game pass by!!
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2011, 06:11:06 PM »

i dont like slagging alty , but todays game was the worst game of football ive seen since we lost to accrington stanley in the cup a few years back , couldnt pass the ball , couldnt do throw ins, no guile no imagination an embaressment to the game that we all love , forget what league they are in the deserved it , we were utter crap
FFS

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2011, 06:13:26 PM »

i dont like slagging alty , but todays game was the worst game of football ive seen since we lost to accrington stanley in the cup a few years back , couldnt pass the ball , couldnt do throw ins, no guile no imagination an embaressment to the game that we all love , forget what league they are in the deserved it , we were utter crap
100% agree, no leadership, who is geeing them up?
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2011, 06:15:01 PM »

How can we have a plan B when we can't even fill the subs bench?? You can only work with the tools you've got....
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Cowards