PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty kits
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Alty kits  (Read 4895 times)

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
Re: Alty kits
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 11:31:24 PM »

We played at Bath last season when they had black/white stripes and we had red/white stripes. That seemed to be ok. Ironically enough the game I reffed today had a colour clash  with the away side in red/black stripes and the other team in red. The away side wore blue bibs but you could still see the numbers through the bibs. If there was no kit available for Nuneaton to change into, would they have been able to wear bibs over their shirts?
They really should be beating teams like us

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2011, 07:08:42 AM »

We played at Bath last season when they had black/white stripes and we had red/white stripes. That seemed to be ok. Ironically enough the game I reffed today had a colour clash  with the away side in red/black stripes and the other team in red. The away side wore blue bibs but you could still see the numbers through the bibs. If there was no kit available for Nuneaton to change into, would they have been able to wear bibs over their shirts?

This happens quite a lot in local football where the local league OK each team to use one kit for the whole season. I had an issue with a team wearing gold/amber against another in an Orangy colour. Last year I refereed a game between two teams from the Metropolitan Police. One of them turned up with a black and blue striped kit which clashed with my black Referees top. They offered me an England shirt to wear and I had the pleasure of telling a Poliice officer where to go!!!! I put on a scarlet Tampa Bay Buccaneers sweatshirt instead of having to go home for my Ireland shirt.

Hamilton

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2011, 06:47:10 PM »

It reminds me of when N Ireland played the Republic in the late 70s and, to make sure there was no clash, Northern Ireland wore green and white stripes and the Republic wore white and green stripes!

York Alty

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2011, 09:19:12 PM »

It reminds me of when N Ireland played the Republic in the late 70s and, to make sure there was no clash, Northern Ireland wore green and white stripes and the Republic wore white and green stripes!

boom boom!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty kits