PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reduced Admission Prices for FA Cup
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Reduced Admission Prices for FA Cup  (Read 7332 times)

robins1978

Re: Reduced Admission Prices for FA Cup
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2011, 04:38:00 PM »

what ticks me off is that IF (big IF) we got to later rounds and got a 'BIG' team how many would then go, but wouldnt go to the likes of this game because it's (not my words) 'only Witton'

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2011, 04:56:22 PM »

what ticks me off is that IF (big IF) we got to later rounds and got a 'BIG' team how many would then go, but wouldnt go to the likes of this game because it's (not my words) 'only Witton'

I completely understand, R1978, but you've got to be bigger than that.
Whatever the reason, the more different people try the Robins the better - that's where a proportion of the support may come from in the future.

I popped down to watch the game against Scarborough in the FA Cup in  November 1965 and I'm still here nearly 47 years later!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2011, 05:24:21 PM »

I do find it a little bit embarrasing when we charge £13 for adults to get in when some clubs in our league only charge £9. In an ideal world it all Blue Square North would have the same admission prices for similar facilities
They really should be beating teams like us

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2011, 06:34:10 PM »

You could say that about any non league club in the country. The big motivation for a good cup run is money and publicity, if we get extra one off fans so be it. Better than none at all

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2011, 06:51:39 PM »

I do find it a little bit embarrasing when we charge £13 for adults to get in when some clubs in our league only charge £9. In an ideal world it all Blue Square North would have the same admission prices for similar facilities

To be fair, when you enter Moss Lane you help pay for things like proper stewarding, segregation, ballboys, you know the things that actual proper football clubs have. In places like Hyde and Harrogate these are alien concepts. Maintaining our standards can neccesarily cost a bit more.

robins1978

« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2011, 07:00:01 PM »

You could say that about any non league club in the country. The big motivation for a good cup run is money and publicity, if we get extra one off fans so be it. Better than none at all
Im not wishing it doesnt happen - of course I want a big cup game with a packed out ML. It is true its the way Non league football is - alot of the time were not noticed unless there is a specific reason like a big profile game. As for the prices as already has been said I think our standards are so that its still good value at the prices we charge and other BSN have lower standards

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2011, 07:41:37 PM »

Four, actually!
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2011, 11:19:13 AM »

To be fair, when you enter Moss Lane you help pay for things like proper stewarding, segregation, ballboys, you know the things that actual proper football clubs have. In places like Hyde and Harrogate these are alien concepts. Maintaining our standards can neccesarily cost a bit more.
The Alty Stewards don't get paid for Alty games, they volunteer their services to help the club.
They really should be beating teams like us

Jezza

« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2011, 05:09:01 PM »

It's such a relief this didn't turn into the usual long threaded argument about the cost of watching alty with ridiculous comparisons with premiership clubs, champions league matches and park teams charging slightly less for the same league.

I want to know where northern monkey got his marketing degree from....

NorthernMonkey

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2011, 05:00:01 PM »

Sorry, I didn't realise I needed to justify opinion with details of relevant qualifications.

I apologise; I assumed this was an open forum. I clearly didn't realise I needed to double check my opinions didn't clash with those of others before posting. My error.

I think pricing is spot on.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 05:03:40 PM by NorthernMonkey »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reduced Admission Prices for FA Cup