PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reduced Admission Prices for FA Cup
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Reduced Admission Prices for FA Cup  (Read 7335 times)

Dynamo Joe

Re: Reduced Admission Prices for FA Cup
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2011, 01:38:08 PM »

You could always buy a flat overlooking the pitch in the development behind the Carole Nash Family Terrace end and rent it out on matchdays for corporate hospitality

And as we all know, that will be waaaay cheaper than £12....  ;)

NorthernMonkey

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2011, 10:28:52 AM »

Just as a point of comparison...

Manchester City charged;

£15 for a Champions League fixture against Napoli.

£10 for a Carling Cup game against Birmingham.

I don't see how reducing the entrance by a pound for a game against Witton Albion will attract any new fans to Moss Lane. You might as well just keep tickets at £13.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2011, 10:51:14 AM »

Manchester City charged;

I don't see how reducing the entrance by a pound for a game against Witton Albion will attract any new fans to Moss Lane. You might as well just keep tickets at £13.

Unlike City, Alty havent got a rich Arab to finance such reductions, admittedly it is a great gesture by the big clubs to lower prices but I wouldn't think it would make much financial sense for Alty to reduce there entrance fee for cup games pro rata

markecky

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2011, 11:23:46 AM »

Manchester City charged;

The tickets I saw for the Napoli game were £25 but its a ridiculous comparison anyway, it's an oil fuelled sky subsided club against one that gets no funding at all.

It's ike the old "its only 4p to watch Blackburn Rovers" argument.

Give us £40 million a year from Sky or whatever it is and people can probably come in for free.

whopper

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2011, 11:27:35 AM »

Some people have said they can't afford to go every home game now, and they have full time jobs,
This is where there is a problem when non league football is expensive

NorthernMonkey

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2011, 12:38:40 PM »

How's it a ridiculous comparison!?

2 football clubs in relatively close proximity, both looking to attract a more casual fanbase, both with matches which (may) struggle to attract fans.

The arabs are subsidising the team, but not ticket prices. They've not offset ticket prices against Sky income either; tickets have gone up in the years since Sky invented the game.

They're clearly looking at offers to get people through the turnstiles and picking which matches may need some promoting; there's no value in empty seats.

City have done a lot of work on their marketing (not just on the brand either - on both Acquisition and retention strategies) and have brought in some great people to look at segmentation, pricing, offers etc.

A lot of people are being priced away from top level football, but we don't offer a value for money alternative to capitalise on the situation.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 12:42:30 PM by NorthernMonkey »

fuertes

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2011, 01:26:05 PM »

2 football clubs in relatively close proximity, both looking to attract a more casual fanbase, both with matches which (may) struggle to attract fans.

The arabs are subsidising the team, but not ticket prices. They've not offset ticket prices against Sky income either; tickets have gone up in the years since Sky invented the game.

They're clearly looking at offers to get people through the turnstiles and picking which matches may need some promoting; there's no value in empty seats.

City have done a lot of work on their marketing (not just on the brand either - on both Acquisition and retention strategies) and have brought in some great people to look at segmentation, pricing, offers etc.

A lot of people are being priced away from top level football, but we don't offer a value for money alternative to capitalise on the situation.

Because if we start charging a fiver, crowds may go up to 1,200-1,500 but we'll have far less money and won't ever have a chance of establishing ourselves in the Conference.

The answer to the problems lie in wage caps and a more equal distribution of funds throughout the game. At the moment, the board are doing what they can.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2011, 01:39:28 PM »

The FA impose a minimum admission fee for cup games. Beyond that, it's down to the competing clubs to agree the admission charge as they each take a share of the gate money. Perhaps we wanted to reduce it to £6.71 but Witton wouldn't let us....who knows.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

bighairedmike

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2011, 05:23:31 PM »

So comparing the first champions league game in a teams history to a 2nd qualifying round FA cup tie is not a ridiculous comparison?

RocketDan

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2011, 06:43:18 PM »

Not really sure why the club has bothered.

eiether way, the attendance will be 783 - by which reckoning the club has just lost £783

NorthernMonkey

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2011, 09:16:49 AM »

So comparing the first champions league game in a teams history to a 2nd qualifying round FA cup tie is not a ridiculous comparison?

I didn't just mention the CL game, also the Carling cup.

My point is more that if Manchester (bloody) City are having to put in competititive offers for matches (and one of which looked a juicy one) then a £1 reduction on a ticket to watch Witton (bloody) Albion is really neither here nor there. It doesn't seem like much of an incentive to tempt people down (unless they're just doing it as a bit of a bonus for the regulars; if that's the case fair play).

However, I think it's a good marketing opportunity missed.

fuertes

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2011, 09:39:01 AM »

I didn't just mention the CL game, also the Carling cup.

My point is more that if Manchester (bloody) City are having to put in competititive offers for matches (and one of which looked a juicy one) then a £1 reduction on a ticket to watch Witton (bloody) Albion is really neither here nor there. It doesn't seem like much of an incentive to tempt people down (unless they're just doing it as a bit of a bonus for the regulars; if that's the case fair play).

However, I think it's a good marketing opportunity missed.

Getting us on the telly via the FA website would have been better.

Sadly, their email form wasn't working  >:(

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2011, 09:40:01 AM »

Don't forget Witton get a share of the gate, so we'll be well down on income anyway compared to a league game without cutting prices.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2011, 10:00:07 AM »

So let's just say for a minute that we DIDN'T reduce the prices

Cue anguished postings about how ridiculous it is that we're charging full price for a game against Witton Albion...I mean....Witton Albion

Also the whingeing comments from away fans (and we have had them in abundance already this season at League Fixtures) suggesting that we're too big for our boots, living in the past etc.

Everyone has to pay at FA Competition matches and hence some folk refuse to attend FA Cup, Trophy or CSC games. I know things are tight financially so, although I don't quite get that I will go with it as everyone is entitled to decide what to do with their own money.

Now I'm not saying that the price reduction is going to result in a 6000 crowd but if it brings even one more person through the gate who may buy a pie, a programme and/or a pint then that will be additional income will it not? You never know they, like many of us could become hooked and attend a few more games

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2011, 02:17:58 PM »

It's a worthwhile gesture, possibly aimed more at Witton fans used to paying £7 or £8 to get into games maybe.

As said elsewhere, there may be minimum prices and as the away team (and the FA) get a cut of the gate they might not be too happy if we made it £3 all in of which Witton get a quid, but at least there were a 1000 there.

Dammed if you do and dammed if you don't on this one. I think the fact City are reducing prices to £25 says more about the ridiculous cost or normal prices to be fair.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reduced Admission Prices for FA Cup