News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 If we can just be more consistent....

Author Topic: If we can just be more consistent....  (Read 1691 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: September 20, 2011, 10:01:53 PM »

......we can achieve that top 5 spot we're looking for. It's quite clear to me that when the team is on song and attacking like we did tonight there aren't many teams in this division who can cope with us. Yes, we could do with more strength in depth and hopefully we'll see our injury concerns eased in the coming weeks. However, tonight was a statement of intent for me and it was great to hear that Matt Fearon rose to the challenge so well. Now let's have more of the same on Saturday!

We can do this!!
Come on Alty!

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: If we can just be more consistent....
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 10:09:58 PM »

......we can achieve that top 5 spot we're looking for. It's quite clear to me that when the team is on song and attacking like we did tonight there aren't many teams in this division who can cope with us. Yes, we could do with more strength in depth and hopefully we'll see our injury concerns eased in the coming weeks. However, tonight was a statement of intent for me and it was great to hear that Matt Fearon rose to the challenge so well. Now let's have more of the same on Saturday!

We can do this!!

I agree. And I hear George has an even better player coming through soon!

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 10:41:39 PM »

Just got in.
What an evening, at 2-1 the butterflies were starting but after that we just went into another gear and dismantled them. They had only conceded 7 in 9 games before tonight!
We had some defensive lapses and are definitely not the finished article yet, but surely this must give a boost to everyone.
What on earth happened at Solihull?

York Alty

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 10:57:01 PM »

I do honestly believe there is more to come from this set of players.  Confidence has taken a battering recently, after tonight surely they'll have the confidence to keep the ball, not to panic and fluff their lines again.

Saturday is a big game now, I want a home win and I want a clean sheet from Alty.

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 11:33:44 PM »

Just got in.
What an evening, at 2-1 the butterflies were starting but after that we just went into another gear and dismantled them. They had only conceded 7 in 9 games before tonight!
We had some defensive lapses and are definitely not the finished article yet, but surely this must give a boost to everyone.

I wasn't at Solihull - but neither was Anthony Danylyk. Without him or Robbie Lawton (or just possibly Chris Lynch) we're going to lack punch in the centre of midfield. There may well have been more to it than that - someone who went can deconstruct my theory if I'm off the mark !

Danylyk never stopped running, and I think he's an excellent captain. Bay weren't actually a bad side, and when they pulled it back to 2-1 I was just a little concerned. The two in two minutes cured that. We're not likely to see a better goal than that last one from Clee this season. Genuinely put me in mind of Lionel Messi !

altytony1

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 11:45:01 PM »

Just got in.

I wasn't at Solihull - but neither was Anthony Danylyk. Without him or Robbie Lawton (or just possibly Chris Lynch) we're going to lack punch in the centre of midfield. There may well have been more to it than that - someone who went can deconstruct my theory if I'm off the mark !

Danylyk never stopped running, and I think he's an excellent captain. Bay weren't actually a bad side, and when they pulled it back to 2-1 I was just a little concerned. The two in two minutes cured that. We're not likely to see a better goal than that last one from Clee this season. Genuinely put me in mind of Lionel Messi !
i said that at the match lol,messi eat ya heart out,we got clee :)

York Alty

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 11:46:16 PM »

just want to see the vids...
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team