PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 It worked for Ecky so I'm going to give it a try
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: It worked for Ecky so I'm going to give it a try  (Read 5360 times)

markecky

Re: It worked for Ecky so I'm going to give it a try
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2011, 09:36:45 PM »

I would so love to see Stevie Connors grabbing Conference North games by the scruff of the neck and driving us forward.

brian1925

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2011, 09:39:17 PM »

Really sorry for Paul Jones. I thought a different player had shown up when we played Harrogate and things have just deteriorated from there really. Like so many others I also misjudged him in pre-season, but I wish him all the best for the future - it wasn't lack of effort, just that his legs had gone I think.
Robbie is back and tbh we should all get right behind the lad - his height at the back has been sadly missing this season and Conference North is hopefully the right level for him.
Yep, I think a few of us have hoped for Stevie Connors to come back and I really hope he manages to stay fit and impresses Lee, because he is exactly what we need. He's a great link between midfield and attack and plays in the style of Ashley Winn, who helped Southport to promotion a few years back. It's probably time to lay off Brian Summerskill though. Seriously, we've not been conceding goals because of him and some of the criticism of a player who has played so little time for us has been a bit OTT and embarrasing.
Is this the bit of tweaking that was required? Yes, I think so, but we'll see.

Dynamo Joe

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2011, 09:41:04 PM »

Really sorry for Paul Jones. I thought a different player had shown up when we played Harrogate and things have just deteriorated from there really. Like so many others I also misjudged him in pre-season, but I wish him all the best for the future - it wasn't lack of effort, just that his legs had gone I think.
Robbie is back and tbh we should all get right behind the lad - his height at the back has been sadly missing this season and Conference North is hopefully the right level for him.
Yep, I think a few of us have hoped for Stevie Connors to come back and I really hope he manages to stay fit and impresses Lee, because he is exactly what we need. He's a great link between midfield and attack and plays in the style of Ashley Winn, who helped Southport to promotion a few years back. It's probably time to lay off Brian Summerskill though. Seriously, we've not been conceding goals because of him and some of the criticism of a player who has played so little time for us has been a bit OTT and embarrasing.
Is this the bit of tweaking that was required? Yes, I think so, but we'll see.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2011, 09:56:20 PM »

I like it, I too noted eckys powers, impressive!
i have deduced 2 things from this

1 mark is now acting as assitant manager he has just not told us

2 dont piss him off ever as if he called for you to be banned you would be :D

;)
ParkINson's red and white army

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2011, 10:40:08 PM »

Can we release Brian Summerskill and sign Steve Connors please?*

*Yes, I know the budget probably won't allow for it but I think it would undoubtedly be a great swap!  :)

I have heard today that Brian Summerskill is on a contract. How true this is i don't know but if he is on a contract we're in BIG trouble!!

I think you're getting mixed up with the phrase "someones put a contract" on him :D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

RocketDan

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2011, 10:58:54 PM »

I refer you to a post I made towards the end of last season. I'm sticking by what i said.

Regardless of what league we are playing in next year, we should be building the team around him.

If i was on the board, i'd be round his house at 9am tomorrow morning signing the contract in my own blood.

Nonleaguer

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2011, 07:09:22 PM »

Hardly good planning to commit funds on a player with frequent injury issues. Whether he would commit on a pay as you play basis is another issue, after all at present he is not playing for anyone so with his injury history his marketability is somewhat reduced.

Altyant

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 10:16:27 PM »

I would so love to see Stevie Connors grabbing Conference North games by the scruff of the neck and driving us forward.

That would be immense  :D

fuertes

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2011, 09:53:28 AM »

Brian1925 - THE VOICE OF REASON.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 It worked for Ecky so I'm going to give it a try