PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Drop jones and never ever bring that fairy on again
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Drop jones and never ever bring that fairy on again  (Read 5640 times)

Toppers

Re: Drop jones and never ever bring that fairy on again
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2011, 05:54:37 AM »

we got out of this league being a physical team,we had strong tough centre backs an centre mids who won every header and every second ball who were 6ft and over.

Jezza

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2011, 11:59:10 AM »

having defended the manager and made the point that in the friendlies everything seemed to be going swimmingly, folk saying robbie a good choice for right back, Jones a quality signing etc it's all gone tits up......yesterday being typical..... a 5 mins injury time equaliser when the ball should have been cleared over the stand, it bounces invitingly for a cross, ball pings to unmarked player...mixture of bad defending and bad luck meaning we draw a match we should have won..........but now the manager has to show his skill and metal and get us from this routine and on a run that makes up the 6 point deficit from the play offs....another 7 games like this and we're 12 poiints away so Lee does indeed have to change the rot.....NOW....sort the defence and install a mentality that we should be looking at going in at half time 3-0 up and then looking strong in the second half adding a 4th....

still say we are not far away and with small tweaks we should actually be winning games comfortably...we are not saying we can't see where the next goal is coming from like we have in recent seasons....we are saying we can't see where the next clean sheet is coming from....and when we are ahead we need to attack and get another not sit back and try and defend..we've done that for years with predicatble results as well......

So I'm keeping faith with Lee who I still think did an excellent job pre season....now he needs to tweak it....but this ridiculous run of bad defending and not holding onto leads and not going onto win 4-0 etc has to stop......NOW please

bumble

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2011, 12:25:13 PM »

I don't think people are giving credit to glouceter. They've done their homework...

They knew clee is dangerous, so like everyone else had him surrounded at times. This didn't happen last season/pre season because the defender/ midfielder marking him was of a higher standard therefore felt he could deal with him.

They knew Jones is lacking confidence, every free kick/goal kick was put up for the forwards to win a flick on, and they did. For those who went they isolated him quite a bit, you'll have noticed when it was a last match situation, it was usually him being ran at!

They knew if they put us under pressure they would score!

those who moan the defence, must realise if you pump the ball back to them you must either, have players up to keep the ball, or get our with the ball!

Stu with probably the best save I've seen from him, top draw... Without him they would have probably scored 2 more A little mention to Lawton from that superb tackle and block.

Having said this we should have won. We should look at the Grimsby/darlo games, in how when we cleared it, it stuck with Johnson and he bought us breathing space

It's simply a confidence issue... Hyde and others have confidence and top spirit, which is why they Won last minute - I think we don't have confidence, but we do have a team spirit, and once the confidence is back we'll begin to climb the league

Team needs to be(for sat) * if fit

Coburn

Lynch    Flynn.     lees.       brown

Richman* Lawton   Densmore. Clee

Twiss.            lawrie

Bench: Reeves (HT sub) mullholand  ollrenshaw Danlyk jones

Bath Alty

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2011, 12:52:44 PM »

It was the first game of the season for me yesterday and I have to say the overwhelming impression was that the standard of football was truely shockingly bad.

We were clearly the better team and passed it much better than them (with one exception!), however we were no more effective than them.  Our passing football when it came created only one or two more chances than their lumping it forward and beating Jones.  Our lumping it forwards was rubbish, and when it did work Reeves made a mess of a one on one with Al Murray's slightly fatter brother.

I thought Robbie did OK at RB, they didn't create much down his side.  Lees looked our best defender and I'd play him with Flynn.  I still don't trust Brown at LB and I'd be looking to replace him rather than Robbie in the back 4.  Lynch did well in midfield, he harried and also tried to get forward - OK he didn't have the composure in the box when he got there but movement was good.  I'm torn between keeping him there where he played well and dropping him back to shore up the defence.

I was really dissappointed with Clee who seemed to create more panic and concern against BSP defenders last year than he did yesterday.  I don't think he was any more heavily marked than BSP away games I saw but he just didn't seem to be at it at all yesterday.  I thought he'd create at least a goal a game for us in this league.

I thought Twiss did OK, Damien not so much.  We just didn't create enough and the forwards need to take their share of responsibility for that, they aren't just their to put the finishing touch on everyone else's work.  I though the new lad looked decent when he came on.  I'd start Twiss and Lawrie from what I saw yesterday.

I should be at Solihull where hopefully we will hold on to a bl00dy lead!

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2011, 12:56:24 PM »

I don't think people are giving credit to glouceter. They've done their homework...

They knew clee is dangerous, so like everyone else had him surrounded at times. This didn't happen last season/pre season because the defender/ midfielder marking him was of a higher standard therefore felt he could deal with him.

They knew Jones is lacking confidence, every free kick/goal kick was put up for the forwards to win a flick on, and they did. For those who went they isolated him quite a bit, you'll have noticed when it was a last match situation, it was usually him being ran at!

those who moan the defence, must realise if you pump the ball back to them you must either, have players up to keep the ball, or get our with the ball!

Stu with probably the best save I've seen from him, top draw... Without him they would have probably scored 2 more A little mention to Lawton from that superb tackle and block.

Having said this we should have won. We should look at the Grimsby/darlo games, in how when we cleared it, it stuck with Johnson and he bought us breathing space

It's simply a confidence issue... Hyde and others have confidence and top spirit, which is why they Won last minute - I think we don't have confidence, but we do have a team spirit, and once the confidence is back we'll begin to climb the league

Coburn

Twiss.            lawrie

Completely agree. (for once)
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Longman

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2011, 06:39:00 PM »

Ive held my tongue on Jones so far but im afraid he's looked dodgy in pretty much every game, he dives in and hasnt then got the pace to deal with it once he gets turned.

whopper

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2011, 07:04:09 PM »

Coburn

Twiss.            lawrie

Completely agree. (for once)
agree mostly, I can't see him dropping Reeves as he's our only player caperble and on course of getting near 20 goals this season

bumble

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2011, 07:08:36 PM »

Domeman.... I think he needs a rest, and He picked up a slight knock on sat " @adamflynn84 i think i need some body parts from a second hand shop! - Just get my right hammy right then fckin tweak my left!!! ARRRRRGGGGGGH"

whopper

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2011, 07:24:41 PM »

Domeman.... I think he needs a rest, and He picked up a slight knock on sat " @adamflynn84 i think i need some body parts from a second hand shop! - Just get my right hammy right then fckin tweak my left!!! ARRRRRGGGGGGH"
lol well if he's picked up a knock then fair enough, however I'd still start him even if he only had 45 in him, quality like reeves can demolish sollihull, even he said he's not playing well but still are top scorer on 4 goals not a bad start for him
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 07:26:41 PM by domeman »

Aussie Tricky

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2011, 09:29:07 AM »

Ecky,

I was going to remark on how you were not one to mince your words....but then I feared that this thread could be taking on an inadvertently homophobic tone...!

Alas, Jones looks increasingly like the new Darren Tinson.

Summerskill would only be OK if we were forming a boy band at Moss Lane;D

VofD

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2011, 06:02:39 PM »

I don't single people out but jones is an absolute liability.  I'd give him the benefit if the doubt until now but he is pedestrian and so unsteady

And Vics were right about summerskill. He is also a liability when he comes on

They were total sh*t and should have been buried at half time.

Mark,
         One gone and one to go ;) ;)
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Drop jones and never ever bring that fairy on again