PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Drop jones and never ever bring that fairy on again
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Drop jones and never ever bring that fairy on again  (Read 5639 times)

markecky

« on: September 03, 2011, 05:05:11 PM »

I don't single people out but jones is an absolute liability.  I'd give him the benefit if the doubt until now but he is pedestrian and so unsteady

And Vics were right about summerskill. He is also a liability when he comes on

They were total sh*t and should have been buried at half time.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Drop jones and never ever bring that fairy on again
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 05:14:56 PM »

I dread to think what Summerskill's time on pitch to goals conceded is.

Totally agree about them both. Flynn should be okay for Sat.
Full time and proud of it

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 05:29:00 PM »

Ecky,

I was going to remark on how you were not one to mince your words....but then I feared that this thread could be taking on an inadvertently homophobic tone...!

Alas, Jones looks increasingly like the new Darren Tinson.

Summerskill would only be OK if we were forming a boy band at Moss Lane.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 05:31:15 PM »

If he ever comes on with 10 minutes to go when we need to keep a lead again, I swear to Christ I'll murder suicide him

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 05:39:28 PM »

There must be an Eddie Hussin or Val Owen type player out there somewhere.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 05:43:00 PM »

There must be an Eddie Hussin or Val Owen type player out there somewhere.

steve connors, injury prone yes , all action yes

DAB @ ALTY

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 06:04:06 PM »

From watching all the friendlies,I thought that Jones was a good signing but he was poor at Hyde and was at fault in some part with both the Guiseley goals that we conceded.I have always told myself to take no notice of friendley results,whether winning or losing but I think with this seasons we have allowed ourselves to be somewhat misled and that would include the manager as well.I think after today's performance that wholesale changes in defence,midfield and upfront may be the order of the day.I have missed two matches this season so far,both being 1-1 draws and from what I can see,probably our worst two performances.

brian1925

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 06:47:05 PM »

I don.t remember a game worse than that. Two dreadful teams. Jones not the only poor defender unfortunately. based purely on that I fear for us.

Narcissist

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 07:00:26 PM »

I don't single people out but jones is an absolute liability.  I'd give him the benefit if the doubt until now but he is pedestrian and so unsteady

This worries me. More than the usual suspects moaning today. Heard that another lad who I've never heard moan described it as wank.

Changes please.

joe

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 08:04:10 PM »

I missed my first game of the season today but i have to totally agree with the above on the six matches i've seen.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2011, 08:51:04 PM »

I like to think Im one of the more  optimistic posters on here but today I thought we were basically rubbish in defence and lacked passion.

I think one of the problems is, with such a small squad which includes youth team lads, the senior members are of the mindset that they will get picked regardless, due to the lack of choices for Lee to change things.

Worrying times....

taxi Phil

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2011, 09:34:06 PM »

Jones is indeed another Tinson.

Summerskill, on the other hand, is a tidy little player - but isn't the right man to replace anybody else we have in the team. He's come on four times, and we've effectively dropped five points while he's been on the pitch. He'd be an asset in a midfield where the ball is being moved around quickly, he has a good engine, and decent positional sense - but not enough physical presence alas.

In his defence, at Vauxhall he put a cracking ball on the money in stoppage time which Twiss loused up, and which would have won us the game...............

Alfa Romeo

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2011, 09:38:22 PM »

Jones is so much like Tinson it's frightening, if he has to turn round he's had it. Robbie Lawton , God love him, is no more a right back than I am. We always look like conceding however bad the opposition

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2011, 10:32:38 PM »

Gloucester were worse than us and the game was of an awful standard. I know many others that were at the match will disagree with me but I thought we reasonable in the first half. Firstly we had to overcome at least half a dozen tackles from behind that went unpunished including a bad foul that cost us a player in the opening minutes. We should be use to having to accept incompetant and inconsistant officials, but the shocking standard of the actual football played was down to the players. I also thought Twiss was very good today and would only fault the service he got from others, but when he got the ball he did well. Gloucester were never in it and were no threat but we handed them a point. I was very upset with the manner we threw away 2 points in a game we should and could have taken by the scuff of the neck and won by 4 or 5.

markecky

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2011, 10:44:42 PM »

Gloucester were worse than us and the game was of an awful standard. I know many others that were at the match will disagree with me but I thought we reasonable in the first half. Firstly we had to overcome at least half a dozen tackles from behind that went unpunished including a bad foul that cost us a player in the opening minutes. We should be use to having to accept incompetant and inconsistant officials, but the shocking standard of the actual football played was down to the players. I also thought Twiss was very good today and would only fault the service he got from others, but when he got the ball he did well. Gloucester were never in it and were no threat but we handed them a point. I was very upset with the manner we threw away 2 points in a game we should and could have taken by the scuff of the neck and won by 4 or 5.

Now I have calmed down (could you tell I was cross before, not sure if it came across)  a bit I totally agree with all this.  We should have buried them first half.

As the home side they were always going to attack us second half and injuries from bad tackles forced our hand subs wise.

I didnt think they were going to score but I suppose they will feel they deserved a point for keeping going to the death.  We played some good stuff in patches but it was the worst game to watch from both teams today.

We need to make the changes discussed on here and get six points from the next two games.  Then we will have some momentum and things will look different.

It needs changes now though....Jones for Flynn being the blindingly obvious one.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team