PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Official Match day Videos
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Official Match day Videos  (Read 6008 times)

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Official Match day Videos
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2011, 09:03:04 PM »

The link above has now been changed to take you to the video with the correct date in the text. The original video on the Youtube channel will be deleted shortly.
What happened to the away goal?

At the moment I am only authorised to show Alty's goals on Youtube, but I am looking at doing some extended highlights DVD's in the future.

What!?

If an away team scores a goal at Moss Lane do they own the rights to it?
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2011, 08:34:54 AM »

The marking on Michael Twiss for the second goal was laughable

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2011, 10:42:41 AM »

No, they don't.

However, I'll wager it's something to do with Alty not wanting opposition managers to be able to see the goals the team have conceded so as not to pick up any tips.

At York, Martin Foyle actually banned our YouTube highlights service because two other managers mentioned to him that they had used the clips to train against us. So, we introduced a subscription scheme to control who has access to the output. Paranoia? Probably. But you need the backing of the club and if they're not happy there's nothing you can do.

However, the way round this problem is to compile a mailing list of Alty fans who want to watch the highlights then make the highlights "unlisted" so nobody else but those people who are sent the link via e-mail can see them. At the time our highlights were banned this option on YouTube was not available.

andrewflynn

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2011, 11:04:53 AM »

Get back from Wales to find I'm deemed surplus to requirements!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2011, 12:47:57 PM »

No, they don't.

However, I'll wager it's something to do with Alty not wanting opposition managers to be able to see the goals the team have conceded so as not to pick up any tips.

At York, Martin Foyle actually banned our YouTube highlights service because two other managers mentioned to him that they had used the clips to train against us. So, we introduced a subscription scheme to control who has access to the output. Paranoia? Probably. But you need the backing of the club and if they're not happy there's nothing you can do.

However, the way round this problem is to compile a mailing list of Alty fans who want to watch the highlights then make the highlights "unlisted" so nobody else but those people who are sent the link via e-mail can see them. At the time our highlights were banned this option on YouTube was not available.

It's because youtube's uploading facility isn't big enough to cope with all the goals we're conceding.

andrewflynn

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2011, 12:51:20 PM »

Is this 'official match day video' service operating at away games, also?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2011, 02:49:48 PM »

It was actually a very clever piece of movement from Twiss (my automatic spellscheck keeps querying this). He was marked by a defender but moved towards the near defender but directly behind him, thus causing his marker not to go with him (Twiss was already covered and not very far off him). The clever bit was staying in that position rather than trying to edge in front and make his marker pick him up. His movement waited until Densmore actually delivered the ball, all too often players try to get ahead of the ball before it's delivered.

I might ask Radio Robins if they want a summariser...

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2011, 03:31:12 PM »

No, they don't.

That all sounds very reasonable.

However, if we are worried about the opposition getting to know our game surely we should also not show the goals we score, as this is also valuable information.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2011, 03:45:17 PM »

That all sounds very reasonable.

However, if we are worried about the opposition getting to know our game surely we should also not show the goals we score, as this is also valuable information.

I'm only guessing but I would imagine that your club want to provide entertainment to the fans (by showing the good bits) but don't want to give too much away (by showing the goals conceded).

That said, I can't see why this would be an issue in a regional league like Conf North. The argument put to me is that most BSP sides can't afford a scouting system because of the geographical distances involved and so, by providing public highlights, you are giving info away. But surely if you are, say, Droylsden, Vauxhall, Hyde or whoever, you can just send someone along to watch Alty to take notes and analyse in person.

If FGR, Ebbsfleet etc want to put on 10-20 minutes of highlights then that's great for York because we are not going to be paying someone to travel all that way to scout so instead we can just watch the bits online. However, a lot of clubs are only round the corner from you so does it matter?

Devil's advocate etc.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2011, 12:05:53 PM »

It was actually a very clever piece of movement from Twiss (my automatic spellscheck keeps querying this). He was marked by a defender but moved towards the near defender but directly behind him, thus causing his marker not to go with him (Twiss was already covered and not very far off him). The clever bit was staying in that position rather than trying to edge in front and make his marker pick him up. His movement waited until Densmore actually delivered the ball, all too often players try to get ahead of the ball before it's delivered.

I might ask Radio Robins if they want a summariser...

Ballers

You are welcome to join us and be a summariser anytime you want ?

mikealty

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2011, 08:24:10 PM »

Home games only it says.

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2011, 09:56:58 AM »

At the moment, it's only home games but might cover some aways in the future.

Carry on doing your thing, Timperley Robin, the more the merrier !
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Official Match day Videos